Home

Please explain the "shotgun" insta-kill

Murf

I see all these guys playing the character (does not matter which side) that has the "shotgun". I seems that they only have to shoot you one time and they kill you.

Is this a glitch?

How do they kill with one shot - head shot?

It is really annoying.

Any strategies to avoid this?

They also throw-and-blow the detonator bombs without getting killed even though they appear to be really close to it.

Please advise.

Thanks

Granted, a shotgun is pretty powerful at close range, so it's to be expected that it's an instant kill weapon. To combat this, I'd recommend that you either roll outta the way, or attack them at medium to long range.

As for them not getting killed by their own detpacks, I bet it might be that friendly fire was turned off, which to me is unrealistic, but can prevent TKing. Good luck. :)

it may or may hnot have something to do withthe bonuses the character has. theres a chance that the shot-gunner is under the effects of a damage buff etc, so that ay have something to do with it :)

You definetly want to keep your distance from shotgunners, the further away you are the less of his shots will actually damage you. If he's already very close I would try rolling, or moving around him so he can't get a good shot off.

As for det packs, I don't think the explosive radius is as big as some people think. I've seen it blow up right next to people and do nothing, perhaps while it appeared that they were close enough to be damaged they really weren't. If it wasn't due to TK being off of course.

Well, FF=OFF is a good thing, though it does have some quirks.

It is really annoying to have TKing 'tards in the game, and FF=OFF prevents that most of the time.

As for shotguns, you need to be up really close to have the chance of insta -kill.

Well, FF=OFF is a good thing, though it does have some quirks.

It is really annoying to have TKing 'tards in the game, and FF=OFF prevents that most of the time.

As for shotguns, you need to be up really close to have the chance of insta -kill.

Friendly fire should be on at all times to add to realism and tactical play. The only problem is those idiots who kill their own soldiers, and the admins who will do nothing about it.

I've seen admins kick other players for not obeying an order rather then kick the person who teamkills you intentionally. If we could have admins online all the time that are responsible, it could work out.

Unfortunately - that isn't the case.

Battlefront isn't a tactical game, it's a team deathmatch with command posts. If you want tactics play Planetside because FF=on in Battlefront on maps like Tantive IV is a complete bloodbath, nothing tactical about it.

MC, please keep your arguments against me in your PMs.

MC, please keep your arguments against me in your PMs.

It wasn't an argument against you, it was an argument against what you posted on this thread, these would be pretty quiet forums if everyone PMed eachother when they had something to argue about. Also, I'd rather not PM you.

It wasn't an argument against you, it was an argument against what you posted on this thread, these would be pretty quiet forums if everyone PMed eachother when they had something to argue about. Also, I'd rather not PM you.

machinecult appears to have pwned you. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived