Home

I think Nintendo is getting tired of all the pee jokes

TiE23

Yeah, I really loved coming into a thread started by a rumour where apparantly someone knew "Mike from Marketting" who worked for Nintendo of America and he didn't like the name. So obviously that must mean that there's conclusive proof that Nintendo don't like the name Wii, say they've made a huge mistake and will hold a press meeting tomorrow telling us that they'll change the name...

...and people in here believed it.

Well in that case, guess what! Kensuke from Sony R&D said that the PS3 controller will have force feedback capabities and Sony will be announcing it in the next week or two! How great is that :D Now go! Believe this without question and form opinions off something that is obviously false and then spread it around the internet twisting it around so it appears to be the truth as far as anyone else knows.

XD Sorry... I had to do that, I couldn't resist.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They clearly stated 'pronounced as we' when the name was announced. We as in, unite casual gamers, seems a much better name than a question. Seems to me something like "Why" would emphasise questions such as "why the hell buy this" "why does this exist" in a negative way.

I know they stated "pronounced as we" but that doesn't mean it doesn't read better as Wi. And make at least as much sense. I think Wi is reasonably daft, but its still better than the surreal logic they have behind We.

Not that it really matters much...

but its still better than the surreal logic they have behind We.

The message is still "we", unite (casual) people which is the primary goal. Not that surreal.

Writing it like 'Wii' serves several nice purposes.

1. Special, unique, stands out
  2. Easy to remember (According to the pres, many casuals don't know GBA= Gameboy Advance etc etc, keep it simple)
  3. The 2 "i"s stand for the wiimotes :p

Ah well. Enough I reckon ^^

This rumor did remind me of those peeps who used to forward those "ohmigod hotmail will close down if you dont forward this mail to 10ppl !"

oh man I'm in a grumpy mode. Not a good thing after SHEXAH GRADUATION

1) A bagel-powered machine? Are you barking? No matter how good the machine is, it'll still feel like a waste of bagels surely? I wouldn't buy a dvd player that runs on beer, no matter how good the picture is; 'cos when I've got the beer, it automatically looks better :xp:

2) If they were to change the name, or create a new console called the Nintendo Power-Up, would I be childish for laughing at the N-Pu?

:pB.

I'm hearing rumours that the PS3 controller is being named PooS (the "oo" representing the infinity symbol). I have no idea if there is any fact behind it though so don't everyone go off like you did with the whole "Nintendo hates Wii" thing that went on in here.

Poor Unoriginal ****.

Isn't it PUS?

Anyhow, the bagel powered Playstation Wii60 would not be a waste of bagels. One bagel can power it for over a year of non stop use! Also, the optional cream cheese enables backwards compatibility :)

Archived