Home

Who's going to die next in NJO?

Guest paulbarnard

all i want is a meaningful sacrifice, sacrificeing the one to save the many. And i dont want it to be bitter, i want it to be full of hope, none of this mourning for 3 books, B/c i could have saved him, or it didn't help enuf

Hopfully the writer can do it some justice. Instead of a wookie, which is a treee climber, not being able to jump into a starship

WOW - some one didnt read that book properly....

He couldnt jump to it because the falcon was not close enough, the wind was blowing too strongly, the ground beneath him went ape !

And - wookies arent tree climbers - they are tree DEWLERS - slight differnece !

Anyway, back to the point - as for the next death (if in deed another death DOES occur, and bearing in mind the response Chewie's death recieved, it may be a while (shame really))- Lando is probably gonna get it. I dont know why - but i reckon he is next. After all, he has done VERY well for him self, when you consider he was originally gonna die in the Endor Tunnel Run against the DSII (Remember han saying 'he had a bad feeling he wasnt gonna see the falcon again', and the large obstacle that 'was too close', well - in the first test showing - he died (did a Rendar !) but he was too liked - people hated that part, and os it was re-written, and he lived, albeit a little bit luckly !)

May be he is gonna have some other weird and wonderful ship for the republics use (like the miners and shield ships last time), and so the Vong decide that he is too bigger threat for one man, and is removed from the equation.

Plus, it would be compounding the loss Han feels, and so Han will then get to reckless, and die himself.

Then.....

The whole thing becomes more personal, and Leia goes for revenge, but dies. Luke feels thta it was a waste of good peoples lives, and dies trying to deal retrebution...

Or may be not !

------------------

Nove Squadron, Elite B-Wing flight group stationed aboard the MC Oracle, home of the tech library.

'No capitol too large, no corvette too armed. NOVA squadron, for ALL your extermination needs. Our special at the moment - Eclipse Star Destroyers !'

Commander Jon 'DFMD' Adamson - leader of Nova Squadron (B-Wing ID = 'The White Witch')

Guest Wraith 5

Why does any one think that someone else is going to die????

------------------

I don't have to blow every thing up...

I just like to.

why is someone else goign to die? because that is the word from the publishers, and the author reported htat he is faced with a delemma of having to kill a chracter

WOW - some one didnt read that book properly....

He couldnt jump to it because the falcon was not close enough, the wind was blowing too strongly, the ground beneath him went ape !

And - wookies arent tree climbers - they are tree DEWLERS - slight differnece !

Uh Wookies are tree climbers, taht is why they have huge retractable claws. YOu need to read the Black Fleet crises, and the Han solo Trilogy to get the info that jsut like out monkeys, Wookies climbe trees.

here is the excerpt from the book about chewies death

Han's eyes widened with horror; Chewie thrust the toddler into hans arms before he could begine to move, and then the wookie tuned about and half ran, half rode the wind to catch up with the fallen Anakin.

Han handed off the toddler and rushed back for the cockpit, knowing the two could neer get back to the falcon against this mounting storm. He brought the Falcon un fast but steady, moving to the spot even as Chewie lifted anakin in his arms.

han locked her in place and rushed back to the landing ramp, psuhing aside those who moved into postion to help. but the Falcon couldn't hold position now, and she drifted up and to the side--or maybe it was the ground dipping down to the side--her engines roaring in protest.

"Chewie!" he cried, hanging right off the ramp now. Several others crowded about han, holding him in place by the legs. He reached despertaly for the wookie, but the Falcon was up too high.

Chewbacca gave his freind a resigned, contented look, then threw up anakin into Han's waiting arms.

The ground rolled and buckled, and suddenly, Chewie was far, far, away.

Now, 2 facts here, Chewie was able ot throw Anakin up to han

before, wookies could easily carry han in a "Toddler bag" while climbing the trees in Kashyyyk, without ANY problem. Now for you who dont know, there are a few basic things abot clibming trees in aforest, you either climb up the tree, climbout to a brach, or jump from branch to brach.

Chewie could have jumped, and it was lame death because there were so many "problems" that CHewie couldnt be saved, i think the Auther took this scence, and came up with all the ways he COULD succed, and made a problem so that it couldn't, winds, buckling ground, no one else could pilot, or go out and grab, couldn't land, anakin couldnt help bnecause he was unconsious.. and so on.

lame death, and a real pissy way for the best side kick to go

Guest paulbarnard

Originally posted by K_Kinnison:

all i want is a meaningful sacrifice, sacrificeing the one to save the many. And i dont want it to be bitter, i want it to be full of hope, none of this mourning for 3 books, B/c i could have saved him, or it didn't help enuf

Hopfully the writer can do it some justice. Instead of a wookie, which is a treee climber, not being able to jump into a starship

There is no such thing as a meaningful death. Death SUCKS. Salvatore just took it to show the horror of war. That's what they're at here. WAR. DEATH is part of war. WAR IS STUPID. IT SERVES NO POINT BEYOND KILLING.

------------------

Paul Barnard

aka Bad Monkey

Knight Watch Shipping Corporation

knight_watch_2000@yahoo.com

kwbanner.gif

Okay - im wrong, and i apologise as such. Ive not read the bleck fleet crisis, and only read 'Paradise Snare' from the Solo Trilogy.

Didnt know that wookies had RETRACTABLE claws ! Any way, this means that wookies are more like marsupials - sloths to be exact.

And where did the rumour of another death after chewies come from any way ?

------------------

Nove Squadron, Elite B-Wing flight group stationed aboard the MC Oracle, home of the tech library.

'No capitol too large, no corvette too armed. NOVA squadron, for ALL your extermination needs. Our special at the moment - Eclipse Star Destroyers !'

Commander Jon 'DFMD' Adamson - leader of Nova Squadron (B-Wing ID = 'The White Witch')

I have read all the novels that are in paper back and If someone else is going to die I doubt that it would be Mara, because in the last book she was just getting well. If another character was going to die it might be Wedge or Ackbar or instead of dieing they could basically be banished like Corran was in Ruin.

------------------

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

(Sweet is war to those who have never experinced it.) Roman Proverb

Guest paulbarnard

Actually I think it was her symptoms improved, but she could tell the disease was still with her. It just retroverted a few stages. It's like taking a cold medication. IT treats the symptoms, but can't kill the virus (only another virus can but let's not go into imunology here).

------------------

Paul Barnard

aka Bad Monkey

kwbanner.gif

Guest paulbarnard

pregnant? doubtful. thought in Vector Prime she said something about the disease eating her womb (uterus). be kinda hard then.

It's already been announce that she will be pregnant, but through the force.

On the back cover of Balance Point, you can see a pic of an ultrasound of the baby by manipulating the cover in photoshop.

I don't think any major characters will die in the duration of the seires. If they kill Wedge, I will not read any more NJO books. I do hope they bring Ackbar out of retirement. The idiots they have now running the fleet have no idea what they're doing.

------------------

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

-Ben Franklin

ThRaWn90,RAL_Thrawn,SOB_Thrawn

Rogue 6

Guest paulbarnard

it's not a matter of bringing back characters, it's a matter of using characters to their fullest.

I do like the NJO as a whole, but my big ***** about it is that the characters are hardly used to the fullest. The only exception is the Stackpole books and his character Corran Horn.

Don't just add another character for the sake of adding a character or bringing one out of retirement. Develop a character or 3. 3 major subplots (minimum) in a 300 page novel isn't too much.

As far as Ackbar goes, he's probably old. He could be dead. He's not the most interesting of characters. Haven't heard from Karrde or even Booster. There's no push for Mon Mothma to return. She did basicly run the Rebellion and set up the political mess. I'd even like to see luke get more developed then he is. anything. just character development. not character quantity.

This is star wars, not war and peace.

------------------

Paul Barnard

aka Bad Monkey

kwbanner.gif

I agree, it seems that all of the Fomer book's "Main chracters" Wedge, Tycho, admrial from BFC, Lando, The droids, are made into Cameo characters. Really seems a waste of space and stroyline, when you itroduce characters like Jagged Fel, token Jedi knight, resistance leaders, and Nogri

But there HAS been character development - Anakin, Jacen and Jaina have been worked on greatly. Considering the new audience, this is fair enough - the target audience is the new generation of teens, so they have been focusing on the teens and teen-parent relationship. I have to say I like this. But you still have the old characters - Luke (and the new, young Jedis - back to the teens and young adults again), and the Han / Chewbacca storyline.

They appear to be gradually phasing out the 'oldsters', but then again - is that so wrong. After all - all good things come to and end eventually.....

------------------

Guest paulbarnard

Nope. Actually a good thing. This is the first series of books that the Solo children haven't been an annoying distraction.

I think it is time to change the guard anyways. Middle aged characters aren't going to be able to run arround and save the galaxy daily anymore. (well Jedi Might be the exception). It was always assumed that the Solo Children would.

I am interested in the schism that is forming between the Jedi though. That will probably be the most interesting development (besides how much the Vong lay waste to the galaxy).

------------------

Paul Barnard

aka Bad Monkey

kwbanner.gif

Archived