Home

Who's going to die next in NJO?

Guest paulbarnard

Guest paulbarnard

Can anyone out there give an honest review of Balance Point??? I don't want to smack down the 26 dollars for the hard cover when the paper back will come out in like 6 months. (and no not just *****ing because such and such character died--It's happened, it's considered part of the story arc. You can't write it away and make it better).

------------------

Paul Barnard

aka Bad Monkey

Knight Watch Shipping Corporation

knight_watch_2000@yahoo.com

kwbanner.gif

Well, i am jsut geting to the climax, and so far with most NJO books i dislike the idea of a "onstoppable enemy" THe politics are starting to remind me of the US policxy during the Veitnam war. Only that we never one a single battle.

basic plots for NJO novels are:

Characters have some minor internal problem.

Characters stumble onto Vong plot

Characters make msitakes on Vong plot, or misiterpate, or cant do anything to stop vong plot

Characters bumble around trying to save whats left of a planet

Chracters then start playing "blame game"

of course i cannot give an honest review. I think the storyline with Jacens unwillingness to use the force is a load of crap. Luke, Han, and liea rasied him better then that.

Typically author uses an "injury" to limit a characters abilites (not saying who, but it is easy to figure out)

interesting book, but unsatisfying as a star watrs book

Guest paulbarnard

You missed the question. It was asking for a Review of Balance Point. Not the NJO. Well I apreciate the atempt, your bias is known to me and defeats the purpose. Do what you said you were going to do, stop reading/buying the books.

I will contend with you the point on Jacen. Luke has stopped using the Force too. He did so at the suggestion of Mara during the Hand of Thrawn Dualogy. The line being you can't hear a whisper when you're always shouting. He now only uses it when absolutely necessary. By doing this according to what I'm able to infer from the books, he is more intuned to the actual Life Force that he draws off of.

To top that all off, Han and Leia really didn't raise him much beyond his teen years (and usually they forbade him and his siblings from using the Force). He was at the Academy after that. Luke didn't really have much input either. Kam Solussar, Tionne, and Streen basicly took care of the younger Jedi. Luke was only involved in the last details of instruction.

[This message has been edited by paulbarnard (edited November 08, 2000).]

Archived