Home

Argghhhhh! =|

ZBomber

OK, so, Aerosmith was on the radio tonight for their tour with Motley Crue. Deal was they talked with the guy, played some Aero songs, and they took questions from callers.

So I called.

Like 500 times.

AND THEN I finally got through!

They had ONE operator I think taking all the calls, maybe too, but anyways, I got to the operator. He told me to tell me what I wanted to ask. I asked if Aerosmith was gonna play a full album during any of their shows this tour (They took a poll before the 2005 one asking what album fans would like to hear played live). Know what he says? He says they are already talking about what they are doing this tour, people are going to/are asking my question, and told me to call back with another question. Before I could say anything else, HE HUNG UP.

And of course, NO ONE asked my question. I think the jerk misunderstood me, because a lot of people did call and ask if they were gonna play anything from their NEW album, which wasnt my question.

So I was SO close to talking to my idols. My voice was shaking, my body was shaking talking to the operator thinking I was gonna talk to Aerosmith! Then it was all taken away. :(

So angry, suprised, upset right now....

Certaintly does have its benefits. You'd be suprised though, at how much Steven Tyler is just in random places around Boston. Hes supposedly really nice too, and will talk with fans for a few minutes. The only thing is, I ALWAYS end up going to the same place like a day earlier or a day later. :p Guess I just dont have the best of luck when it comes to these things ;)

Well just keep at it I guess? My Friend is a HUGE fan of Simon and Garfunkle, and has wanted to meet them all his life... then guess what? One day while he and his dad are staying in just an average hotel, they decide to go relax in the hot tub... and guess who's there RIGHT when they are, also in the hot tub! Talk about dumb luck... he said that now, years later, he can still barely believe it.

0_o

Poopy. That's one thing cool about listening to underground metal. You just go up to the band at their booth (they usually sell their own merch at shows), or in the crowd, and talk up a storm, drink beer, whatever.

Ask me about the time I shared a few beers with Al Jourgensen after a Ministry show in New Orleans. We talked about the Chicago Blackhawks, and he thought it was so freaking cool, that I was in the Navy, and originally lived in Joliet, and yet I still managed to take time out of my busy schedule to see Ministry when they were in town. I never bothered to tell him, I had seen Ministry more times than any other band, or that his music was one of the biggest influences in my life. Al was not the big ass that the newspapers made him out to be.

I'd give just about anything to have a conversation with David Bowie though...

Dude, that sucks. Drive to the radio station and smack the crap out of the operator :p

I'm goin to a local show today for a bands CD release show. Can't wait, the band always hangs around and just talks with everyone after their shows. I had a 14 minute conversation with the lead singer and bassist about regular everyday stuff.

I'd go pretty far to talk to him, not that far.

You just don't understand... I have a picture disc CD with about an hour's worth of various snippets from various interviews. Over an hour of David Bowie just talking about stuff! Usually something like this would bore the crap out of me, but not in this case. I love to listen to this man talk, he has so much to say, and is never short on words. You should read his books. Besides, the man is ageless. Despite his age, he listens to modern music, which is why each new album is always fresh and new.

Archived