Home

Dialog Question

mjpb3

I am trying to edit the dialog file for Disciple in the Jedi Enclave sub-levels - disc_enc, but there is a file by that same name that is used for the Khoonda visit.

How do I rename these files and get the game to accept them?

Can someone help? Thanks!

I noticed in the USM that t7nowhere (I think) had to do the same thing, but I can't figure out how it was done.

Ahh, the joys of K2 modding and the genius of the developers reusing the same file names in multiple modules. :frown:

My best recomendation would be one of a couple different options. First you could merge the dialog files together. While this seems easy enough you will likely have to create a conditional script to determine which module you are in so the game can choose which dialog branch to follow. In fact you may wish to double check the USM now that I mention this to see if this is how T7 handled it.

Your other option would be to find where the dialog is fired from in the khoonda plains rename the khoonda plains dialog in it's references and rename the file. Likely there will be one maybe two files that you have to change the refrences in.

Most likely a script or 2 will be involved with either option. Now these are best guess solutions not that would likely work equally as well.

For me it is easily to edit originals (in sub-levels) Disciples conversation field and rename on the same manner his dialog name (Ex: you have changed his conversation Value(s) to to sub_enclave now rename his dialog name to sub_enclave.). I mean little *.utc editing.

I renamed one of the disc_enc dilaog files to dis2_enc, then found the script controlling that dialog:

tr_disciple

and edited this line in the script:

AssignCommand(oDisciple, ActionStartConversation(GetFirstPC(), "[b][color=pink]dis2_enc[/color][/b]", 0, 0, 1,

Voilà! Worked like a charm :xp:

Archived