Home

Been a Long Time

I've been doing ok. I've gotten me a few games recently. I got the limited edition of Myst IV which includes Myst III Exile. I've also got the complete chronicles of Uru, but I've only started Myst III and haven't made much progress because Myst can be so mind numbingly hard and frustrating. :lips1: I also got Paradise by Benoit Sokal, the guy who did Syberia. Not a bad game. That and I got the game Diner Dash. It's actually pretty cool and fun. You're this girl who leaves her corporate job to make it in the diner business. You basically have to seat the customers, feed them, and do as best a job you can at keeping them happy. They only have so much patience and if they walk out on you, you lose some cash. I've also got some new albums by Jethro Tull and the band Rush.Recently one thing I did was go to the little caribbean island of Curacao. It's just east of Aruba. It's a nice little island. I stayed at a resort that was nextdoor to this marine park called The Seaquarium. That was cool. I saw some various critters there like dolphins, sea lions, flamingos. It was cool. But I'm telling ya, flamingos can be loud. They make a honking noise, like geese. Also, I got to feed some nurse sharks. They're small, about 6-8 feet long and relatively harmless. Trust me, I know. I've seen them while scuba diving and they don't do much except for basically hanging out under rock ledges and waiting for some little fish to swim by. How you feed them is like this. They have this thing like one of those U shaped bicycle locks and put a fish on it and close it. You hold on to one end and extend the fish part to the sharks and they just scarf it up. Also, I did a thing called a sea lion encounter. Basically you learn about sea lions, how they are, what they're capable of, and what makes them different from seals. I got to shake hands (or fins) with one and it gave me a kiss on the cheek. I also explored the main city of Willemstadt. They have a pontoon bridge that swings to make way for ships. It's the only pontoon bridge in the world that swings. While I was there it was being renovated and the day before I left it was reopened after eight months of renovation. I went to the reopening ceremony and festival and the whole town turned out. It was huge. Anyway, here's a picture of it at day

Lebanon017.jpg

and here's a picture of it at night.

Lebanon035.jpg

The little building at the end of the bridge in the second picture helps move the bridge when a boat comes. It's motorized and there's another little building at the other end. It's an amazing thing. Aside from my vacation, nothing else is happening except for a vacation down to West Palm Beach down in Florida and my birthday's coming up on July 12. So, anything been hapening in here?

Archived