Home

What's left from SWBF1 to be converted?

Kurgan

I'm curious if anybody can give me a rundown of what's left to be converted from SWBF1 to SWBF2.

I'm talking here in terms of MULTIPLAYER stuff only btw.

Maps, basically (including game modes they originally had available), and that includes maps that were severally scaled down/back or altered for SWBF2 in terms of architecture, size or available vehicles.

That'd be cool, including download links. I'd like to assemble a page of links to get all that stuff.

And yes, I realize they released that small "bonus pack" for the Xbox version, but PC users saw jack squat on that one, so you can include that in there too (Asajj Ventress, Kit Fisto, etc).

they don't need to be converted. just shown the light :xp:

nah, BF2 was a bit wierd in someways. you can call it an upgrade, but you can't i.e the loss of ability to go through the campaign mode and select specific missions instead of playing the whole damm thing.

Yeah, I'm just talking about Multiplayer on the PC here.

Frankly, they should be able to convert any remaining "good stuff" into the new game and thus take the best of both worlds, since professional development on both games seems completely dead.

at the start of the match, have a chat with the people and make a deal not to have any human player take over a base, in if one is let the team that originally had it take it back without any defense from the playable characters. thats what we usually do on xbox, but i don't know if the community is the same on PC i.e full of n00bs that just want to kill...

If you visit gametoast.com in the BF2 Completed maps forum there's a sticky that has all of the maps converted into a pack. I am in the process of finishing version 2.0 which fixes multiplayer issues on a few maps, as well as adds 8 'bonus' maps.

How about doing/converting all those xxxxxxxxxxbox only maps for PC.

The XBox only content were merely BF1 maps, so that's already done. We have an Asajj Ventress model completed too. We're just missing Kit Fisto, and there's no way to convert him.

Gee, wiz, forgive the guy for not knowing geography to your exacting standards? :p

But seriously, I was really only asking about "official" SWBF1 maps that had been converted to SWBF2 and any other mods or extras that would give any "missing" SWBF1 content to SWBF2...

I'll confess that I feel overall, SWBF2 is the superior game of the two, albeit missing the content that was simply inexplicably cut (from the PC version) in the sequel.

Archived