Home

is it true ???!!!

Guest Fondas

Guest Fondas

I've heard rumors that George Lucas himself, has stated in an interview that the saga does not end with episode six, and that there will be a third trilogy , placed aprox 40 years after Endor !!!

is there any sign of truth in this ? Have you heard anything about it ?

------------------

"No matter how pretty the bait,

a hook is still a hook !"

TZG+7

Guest Wraith 5

This is what i heard before the Episode 1 was realised.

Sorry about the spelling.

Note: Just looked at starwars.com and didn't find anything that say GL said that let alone anything about a new interview frown.gif

------------------

I don't have to blow every thing up...

I just like to.<font size=1 color=gray>

[This message has been edited by Wraith 5 (edited June 18, 2001).]

It is just a rumor.

Besides what would Ep 7-9 be about? would he trash EU and write his own post-empire story?

Ep 1-6 are about Vader/Anakins Fall into the dark side, and his eventual redemtion before he dies. There is really nothing more to cover

Edlib's right. Lucas originally planned a trilogy of trilogies, but now he's only planning six movies (eight if you count the Ewok movies wink.gif ).

I think it's both because it took so long to get TPM, Ep II and Ep III out of the dock, and because the story as it's set up now would end with RotJ. It's the story of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader, not Luke & co.

Originally posted by K_Kinnison:

Besides what would Ep 7-9 be about? would he trash EU and write his own post-empire story?

Please don't encourage him, you know he would.

That's my big complaint about Lucas; he's gone so far as to have Lucasfilm maintain this impossibly complicated continuity, yet throws it all out at will.

I understand that it's his universe and he has priority, but he could at least make allowances for the fandom.

Hopefully, after Ep III is finished, Lucasfilm/books/arts will issue a definitive "proto-canon," since Lucas hopefully won't be adding anything to screw it up any more.

------------------

It's like I always say: When the going gets tough, the tough . . . switch to artillery.

HEH !!!

The story was not just the Anakin/Vader storyline, but of the Jedi as a whole during this time of unrest. Yes he Anakin/Vader storyline is the basis of the **** storm to follow, but still...

They could have the resurection of the Knights, back to former glory, against the back drop of an equivilant Emperor Reborn or Joruos C'boath.

------------------

Nova Squadron, the Elite B-Wing flight group stationed aboard the Nebulon B Frigate 'Oracle', home of the tech library.

'No capitol too large, no corvette too armed. NOVA squadron, for ALL your extermination needs. Our special at the moment - SSDs (See our work with the Iron Fist !) !'

Commander Jon 'DFMD' Adamson - leader of Nova Squadron (B-Wing ID = 'The White Witch')

Yeah, he's stated countless times that it's his to do with as he pleases and he won't make Ep 7-9. The general consensus, and I agree with it is that he'd tear up the EU and rewrite history. I like EU as it is (I've finally warmed up to the NJO, even), and don't want to see it trashed. I personally think the Star Wars movies are/will be the story of Anakin Skywalker. Although I'm sure Ep. 7-9 would be awesome, the cost would be to great, if you get what I'm saying.

Yeah. Lucas is like a kid in a sandbox.

He'll let the other kids play with his toys, but he wants everyone to remember that they're his, and he can do with them as he pleases.

If that means "selling out," then he'll do it, you know he will.

What does it profit a man, to gain McDonald's Happy Meals, but to lose his soul?

--Brenda W. Clough, on rec.arts.sf.composition (misquoting Shakespeare, I'm fairly certain)

------------------

It's like I always say: When the going gets tough, the tough . . . switch to artillery.

Guest Ba'rad

Actually, the rumor that I heard is that Lucas himself won't make 7-9, BUT...I also heard that he'd like to see someone else take the helm for 7-9, Lucas would be like, a consultant or producer or something. That's just the rumor I heard. Personally, I think it's probably better to stick with only the 6 movies, I mean, look what happened to Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street! Hehehe! I'll just be happy when Lucas FINALLY releases all the movies on DVD, but at least he went ahead with Episode 1, so it's a start...

• 4 weeks later...

Hate me if you must but... Why do you bash Lucas, it is his. And he already had a whole big story written out. Besides, if it weren't for him you wouldn't be talking about this right now. This forum wouldn't even exist. I like the EU, and just because there were movies that contradict it, I'd probably still like it.

I thought that all the episodes have been written. I recently bought "the Guide to the StarWars Universe" which details events long after episode six, and also before episode one. Stuff like Palpatine's clone and the Yushung Vong invasion.

That's the "Expanded Universe," made up of novels, comics, games, and a few other things.

The EU is authorized and enforced (rigidly) by Lucasfilm, but is not considered actual canon. Only the "Episodes" are canon; the six movies and their novelizations (the Ewok movies, cartoons, and the holiday special are also excluded).

I guess my real complaint WRT the way Lucas runs the show is that, if you're going to bother enforcing a continuity, then you should follow it. Instead, Lucasfilm's rigid plotting of the continuum from The Golden Age of the Sith to NJO applies to everyone except Lucas.

I'd really like to see Lucas holding himself to the same standards as the people he lets into his universe, but he just refuses, and Lucasfilm is too cowed to dare questioning him.

With the cohesion of the EU, the GFFA has the potential to be something that's (to my knowledge) never been done successfully in fiction ever before; a truly continuous and cohesive shared-universe. But instead, Lucas is resigning all of the EU (and even great chunks of his own movies) into the quasi-official real occupied by Star Trek and Babylon 5 novels. frown.gif

------------------

I don't think Lucas has contradicted anything from a MOVIE yet.

One could say that the Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan thing contradicts Obi-Wan saying that Yoda taught him, but then there is that line "But Master Yoda blah blah blah" implying that Yoda did in fact teach Obi-Wan. Plus Obi-Wan is a pathological liar. Also the whole midi-chlorian thing SORT of contradicts the original concept of the Force, but we don't yet know enough to determine this.

He hasn't actually contradicted anything, but he's succeeded in robbing some of the OT's finest moments of any dramatic impact.

Think of the whole "I am your father" scene. To anyone who watches the movies in order, it'll be meaningless.

Besides, the prequels aren't done yet.

------------------

The EU is authorized and enforced (rigidly) by Lucasfilm, but is not considered actual canon. Only the "Episodes" are canon;

So just because George Lucas didn't write those storylines, he probably won't use them? That sucks! I think those storylines are just as good as anything he could come up with.

Think about this Episode 1 starts when Vader is only a kid. There is plenty of time for Yoda to instruct Obi-Wan. He never said Yoda didn't teach him after he was Jedi Knight.

As for contridictions I don't see any. EU makes hints that the Emperor began to gain power ligitamitly and so far he has. Even the mention of the Sith as only two is a reference to EU and a good one. Exar Kun was betrayed by his legions so future Sith lords only have one disiciple that they can fully control.

Even the prohacy doesn't change things really. Anakin will bring balance to the force, but Lucas doesn't say how. You can use reason to determine that he does it through Luke.

True the "I am your Father" isn't as powerful but it is still powerful.

If anything Lucasarts ignores EU. X-wing you fly around as a pilot who suddenly becomes Luke Skywarlker, Rebel assult basically the same thing. XWA, has Ace turning into Lando. Force Commander gives an imperial command of the Endor mission. I can go on and on.

Give Lucas Credit, it is his vision and me must trust him. anyways what are we going to do about it.

Guest Fondas

With my limited knowledge of the EU, I'd say that Lucas can easily bypass it ! Hold your horses and don't jump into conclusions ! wink.gif

All I'm saying is that since the second trilogy is set almost 40 years before ANH, the third trilogy could easily be set 40 years after ROJ.

What would it be about ? I really don't know, but that's Lucas' vision, not mine wink.gif

IMHO, the Empire Trilogy would be the best material for a potential sequel, but we all know that this is impossible, due to the age of the original actors.

Sad but true..

------------------

"No matter how pretty the bait,

a hook is still a hook !"

TZG+7

The Empire trilogy?

You mean the comics? Dark Empire, Dark Empire II, and Empire's End?

I wouldn't mind seeing those turned into movies (or at least a novel series), if only to retcon them with half-decent writing.

EE especially was just bad. frown.gif

------------------

Archived