Home

Guild Wars or Factions

I can't decide on which one I want. I like both games from what i've read and seen. But I havn't really seen the first Guild wars. I know one is an asian type of

surrounding and I think one is a european medival type. Which one is better in your opinion Guild wars or Guild wars Factions? Also if you have played the game could you please put whats in the game you've played and how its better than the other?

So are both worlds like in one or what?

In a way. If you have an account with both Prophecies(the original Guild Wars) and Factions, you will be able to travel between the two continents of both games once you reach a certain town in each continent, but to put it simply, yes, they are technically one program.

Well, you don't need to worry about getting PKed by high level groups in guild wars, since the PVE and PVP are in separate spots, and armour is restricted to your character's primary profession, and can only be worn by the character it was made for.

There are a couple of key differences between the original Guild Wars (Prophecies Campaign) and the Factions Campaign. Factions allows you access to two more character classes than Prophecies. The core classes are Warrior, Elementalist, Mesmer, Ranger and Monk. Factions gives you the Assassin and the Ritualist as well.

It is far easier to reach the highest level in Factions than it is in Prophecies, though the level cap for both games is the same at 20. However, Factions is very story-driven, as you have to complete the missions in order to advance through the game. This is markedly different from the Prophecies campaign, since your characters can run basically everywhere without going forward with the storyline missions.

If I was to recommend one or the other, I'd have to recommend Factions, as that's what everyone's playing nowadays. But I have both games and I love them both to death. And yes, Factions is the one that is Asian-themed.

Archived