Home

Post 'em if you got 'em. (Picture thread = 56k Warning)

El Sitherino

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

So last night I came home from the gym and it was about 1:00 in the morning but I couldn't sleep at all. I went into the living room and saw that all of my father's lighting equipment and strobes were sitting out, so I grabbed a black sheet and pinned it to the walls of the living room and grabbed my Nikon D80 and decided to have a photoshoot with the flash units.

I know how to use strobes like the SB-600 and SB-800, but I've never really experimented with them, and I really wanted to work on enhancing texture and creating a mood.

So about one Australian "cowboy" hat and a couple hours later I was pretty pleased with the results.

They're a little... risque? I guess? But I decided to post one or two of them anyway. Because the Swamp has no activity right now and I'm bored out of my mind.

Cowboy_2_by_TheSeeker417.jpg

I still feel like something is... missing. I'm wondering if I should have made the light a bit harsher, or perhaps had a second strobe on the face, though I like the shadow from the hat. Hmm. I'm not so sure.

It's got a lot of negative space. There needs to be something to break up the giant black blob on the right side of the image.

Also, what's a "gym" again?

Hmm... that's an idea. I wish I had an actual colored/textured backdrop. I might throw it in photoshop and work on some vectors/designs to fill the negative space.

Do you do movies? Are you a double for Hugh Jackman?

Haha, no. My brother, however... He lives in Hollywood, does film, and his nickname through high school was Wolverine. He looks just like Hugh Jackman, except his face isn't quite as angular. But he definitely has the hair and the scruff to pull him off.

I guess it's a little less Calvin Klein. :p

Also, your line of sight leads into the image rather than out of it, which is better (something I learned in photo class). Also helps lessen the black void feeling from the first one.

Also, your line of sight leads into the image rather than out of it, which is better (something I learned in photo class). Also helps lessen the black void feeling from the first one.

I know about leading lines, but I've never actually thought of it that way. That's a fantastic tip, haha. I'll have to remember that. Thanks! :D

You can check out some pics of me, or more precisely, that of my alter ego, Havoc Stryphe here. While your there feel free to friend request me, just give me a note letting me know you are from Lucasforums.

Now keep in mind that these pics sprang up from a bout of sever boredom coupled with an extreme sense of cheesy overactive and imaginative vision one night. ;) So here you go. Just thought you guys might want to see the face of the geek that posts here. Oh, and be gentle...

In Norway she is. :tophat1:

I'm half Wiegen. Does that entitle me to second base on someone of that age?

If not then this message will self destruct in 5 seconds

*splodes*

Quick correction, on further review I'm bee-lining it to the nearest high school on receiving the information that 16 is indeed legal in the fine fine city of Las Vegas...

Archived