Home

Post 'em if you got 'em. (Picture thread = 56k Warning)

El Sitherino

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the owner is my girlfriend. they were her dogs. i bit the one dogs ear almost off to get him to let go of my cat. i did alot of things i wouldnt have normally done to an animal but i had to in order to save my cats. but i lost dallas to save charlie

• 2 weeks later...

Just woke up from an awesome night of Swing Dancing. Went to a Valentine's Day Ball at Willowbrook Ballroom, one of the oldest dance hall still operating in the Chicago area (almost 90 years old!)

Got a bunch of photos, but the only clear ones are dips, so sorry for the repetitive poses :rolleyes:

dipmeandkatie.jpg

valentinesday121edit2.jpg

dipmeandnatalie.jpg

@Sithy:

Dang man, I couldn't tell from the WIP photos, but that looks really slick. Great job! Totally jealous now. I spent a summer working in a woodshop, but I don't think I could pull off trying to make that and have it turn out looking so nice.

Just woke up from an awesome night of Swing Dancing. Went to a Valentine's Day Ball at Willowbrook Ballroom, one of the oldest dance hall still operating in the Chicago area (almost 90 years old!)

Got a bunch of photos, but the only clear ones are dips, so sorry for the repetitive poses :rolleyes:

dipmeandkatie.jpg

valentinesday121edit2.jpg

dipmeandnatalie.jpg

@Sithy:

Dang man, I couldn't tell from the WIP photos, but that looks really slick. Great job! Totally jealous now. I spent a summer working in a woodshop, but I don't think I could pull off trying to make that and have it turn out looking so nice.

what the hell kind of photographer took those pictures, you can barely see down their dresses >:|

@Sithy:

I've only ever made furniture before, but that gave me a good enough start for this project I suppose. I figured the worst that could happen with this is I **** up and end up having to purchase one. I come from a family of woodworkers and entrepreneurs, so it may have just been some luck brought on by genetic memory.

I really like those swing pictures. Did you take classes recently or as a kid? I've been looking into taking Salsa lessons to improve my speed and rhythm as well as my coordination between my upper and lower body. I used to do classical dancing as a kid, which definitely helped in my natural ability to retain a balanced foot, but it's been a long time since I've done any dancing.

so lately I've been invading Canada

19757_313790256226_577411226_408338.jpg

sometimes you've just gotta stop the pillaging and chillax though

19757_313773711226_577411226_408334.jpg

You should make a snowperson and pillage/rape it.

I really like those swing pictures. Did you take classes recently or as a kid? I've been looking into taking Salsa lessons to improve my speed and rhythm as well as my coordination between my upper and lower body. I used to do classical dancing as a kid, which definitely helped in my natural ability to retain a balanced foot, but it's been a long time since I've done any dancing.

I had never even attempted dancing until this past summer. I went out on a whim with a buddy of mine who learned how to dance in college (theater major) and the first night was really awkward because we didn't know any of the girls there and I had no idea what I was doing, but as time went on we made friends and I learned a ton. Eventually we got a few of my friends to join us and his brother and we met up with a large group from the next town over, and once we had regular dancers we started going twice a week.

Every social dance in this area starts with a lesson which is really nice, and then I learned the rest just from practice and watching friends who are better than me. I've only been doing it for about half a year (and it was only really regular over the summer) but I definitely already feel comfortable dancing in front of groups and teaching others. Swing is a pretty easy dance to learn and catch on to, it's the advanced stuff that gets crazy.

As for Salsa I can't comment directly, but I know all the places around here that have Salsa dancing follow the same system of a beginner lesson followed by a social dance. So just find friends who are interested and stick with it! It's an awesome (and relatively inexpensive) hobby and you meet some great (not to mention cute :D ) people.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived