Home

Post 'em if you got 'em. (Picture thread = 56k Warning)

El Sitherino

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the time I was in a band called Disfunctional(intentional misspelling) Therapy.

We played heavy metal.

th_Accept-broadband.jpg

The guitarist and I are in a new band now. Just starting it out. Somewhat different sound. Bit more technical(though that one was in 11/8 time for verse and 4/4 for chorus).

I used to break that low B at every 4th show. good thing I would always bring a spare haha.

and yes, that is a Halflife 2 shirt I'm wearing in that vid.

A little too metalcore for my tastes, especially due to the vocalist, but that's still cool. :)

To stray back on topic, today I did my first Photoshop-work in 4 years or so, titled "Runes And Men":

gassmaskrunes.png

It started out as a profile picture for MySpace/Facebook, but then I had a little fun with it and ended up playing around for quite a while. It's not brilliant by any means, but I think it turned out alright. And yes, it is a conceptual piece, and no, the blending isn't supposed to look natural.

Oh that looks really sweet. The only thing that irks me, and sorry to go all analytical on you, is the lightness of the hands. Maybe it was intentional and you wanted to draw emphasis, but it definitely distracts from the rest of the image in my opinion. Otherwise, I like it! Very post modern, urban-creepy. Nice job!

A little too metalcore for my tastes' date=' especially due to the vocalist, but that's still cool. :)[/quote']

Ya know that was my complaint to him too. He's got a phenomenal voice. He was able to sing "Phantom of the Opera" yet here he wanted to SCREAM EVERYTHING!!!!eleventyone1!

Might try this one... less metalcore.

th_Blackentheday.jpg

We had such a wide array of songs. tell me what you like and I can probably find one of our songs you like haha.

By the way, Some of these songs I have on my album were not meant for anyone outside the band. In fact some never even saw a CD. We just recorded all practice sessions. I took some of my favorites and played around with them As you can tell by the whole Windows movie maker thing haha.. Here's one that never made it out of the practice space.

th_Needs_0001.jpg

That wouldn't happen to be the groundwork for a Keyframe tattoo would it?

Cause if so, you've gained an entire truck full of awesome.

actually its the groundwork for the "whispy" symbol for Coheed and Cambria i'm a big fan of theres. you should definitely check out my forearms on my myspace if you like that one.

actually its the groundwork for the "whispy" symbol for Coheed and Cambria i'm a big fan of theres. you should definitely check out my forearms on my myspace if you like that one.

Doh! I just realized I said "keyframe" not "keywork." I fail.

For those of you who don't know, this is the Keywork:

keywork.jpg

And yes, I'm a big fan of them as well. In fact, they're probably my favorite band. I have the first 10 issues of the Amory Wars comics, and own all 4 of their CDs, as well as the Neverender: Children of the Fence edition CD/DVD box set :D

Also, I can't see your pictures cause your profile is set to private and I don't want to make a myspace >.> <.<

Oh that looks really sweet. The only thing that irks me, and sorry to go all analytical on you, is the lightness of the hands. Maybe it was intentional and you wanted to draw emphasis, but it definitely distracts from the rest of the image in my opinion. Otherwise, I like it! Very post modern, urban-creepy. Nice job!

Thanks, the hands are actually bothering me as well, I might play around with the levels a little more to see if I can get it right. :)

Here's one that never made it out of the practice space.

Loving the riffs and drums on this one. Don't get me wrong, I like growling and guttural vocals (Black/Death Metal fan), it's just the metalcore-type screaming coupled with whiny clean vocals that I have a hard time swallowing. :p

Thanks, the hands are actually bothering me as well, I might play around with the levels a little more to see if I can get it right. :)

Might want to just adjust the area around the hands alone. the rest of it looks awesome

Loving the riffs and drums on this one. Don't get me wrong, I like growling and guttural vocals (Black/Death Metal fan), it's just the metalcore-type screaming coupled with whiny clean vocals that I have a hard time swallowing. :p

I can understand that. I just get so tired of Cookie Monster songs. When you have a singer that can pull off Frank Sinatra and George Fisher, it's a travesty to have him only do one or the other. Our first album people thought we had 4 different singers(5 if you count Lady Love which was our joke song where the guitarist sang an 80's inspired love song).

Heh, I'm a fairly big metalcore fan. So, the first song doesn't bother me. Hell those vids are to my likes. A couple of my friends have a band who sound quite similar and I go to their shows a lot.

Thanks. As I said, the guitarist and I are in a new band... Kinda going for a "Lacuna Coil meets Lamb of God and they have a child. That child grows up and ends up writing a book about how their parents didn't give them enough attention as a child" kind of thing... Still writing. No, I'm not sharing... yet hehe

Archived