Home

Starwars 2007 Announced???

HK47Lover

I just got the new issue of OXM today with a 360 day preview of upcoming games.... a star wars game with a working title of "Star Wars 2007" is listed. Nothing of the game has been previewed yet, but I'm wonder if it might not actually be KOTOR3?? Below is the blurb from the magazine. Though they refer to Storm Troopers and TIE figheters that wouldn't be in KOTOR3, they may just using those things as examples for conversations sake. A rendered video was all that was shown to illustrate the concept, so who knows what the actualy game is. Even if it's not the sequel we're all dying for, sounds like it might be going in the right direction.

"Work on this Star Wars game is still super-early, but thanks to a great rendered movie introducing the concept, we're already hooked. It's a simple idea, really: taking advantage of next-gen tech to let gamers be a jedi who can fully cut loose with his powers. So for the firs time in a Star Wars game, you'll Force Push dozens of Stormtroopers in all direction, or project a huge cascade of Force Lightning at a flock of foes, or fling an enormous piece of rubble at an upcoming TIE fighter. We're floored."

Platform: xbox 360

Publiser: LUCASARTS

Developer: LUCASARTS

Release Date: Fall 2007.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got the new issue of OXM today with a 360 day preview of upcoming games.... a star wars game with a working title of "Star Wars 2007" is listed. Nothing of the game has been previewed yet, but I'm wonder if it might not actually be KOTOR3?? Below is the blurb from the magazine. Though they refer to Storm Troopers and TIE figheters that wouldn't be in KOTOR3, they may just using those things as examples for conversations sake. A rendered video was all that was shown to illustrate the concept, so who knows what the actualy game is. Even if it's not the sequel we're all dying for, sounds like it might be going in the right direction.

"Work on this Star Wars game is still super-early, but thanks to a great rendered movie introducing the concept, we're already hooked. It's a simple idea, really: taking advantage of next-gen tech to let gamers be a jedi who can fully cut loose with his powers. So for the firs time in a Star Wars game, you'll Force Push dozens of Stormtroopers in all direction, or project a huge cascade of Force Lightning at a flock of foes, or fling an enormous piece of rubble at an upcoming TIE fighter. We're floored."

Platform: xbox 360

Publiser: LUCASARTS

Developer: LUCASARTS

Release Date: Fall 2007.

Yes, that would be the Vader game. I've seen those concept pictures before. I think a thread in the OT forum brought up this game in development. If the concept pictures are any indication, this is going to be a sweet game! :D

(Maybe a little something to tide us over until Kotor3?????)

I heard that there was a video/trailer of the vader game or something like that out there. Could someone provide a link to it, by any chance?

BTW, from what I've heard about it, I think I might want to get the game.... wait.... I don't have a PS2.... or a 360....

I think I agree with the guy who said that it should come out for PC. And the other one (or same) who said every game should be for PC.

Would you be talking about this?

There's a video for it too, right here (it doesn't show the game till nearer to the end).

And there's already a thread for this, which is where I got this stuff. It's here.

I don't really care what game this is, whether it be Kotor III, JK4, or the Vader game, it looks F***ing awesome.

At this point in time, I am beggining to think that the Knights of the Old Republic Franchise will be left in dust. We will see though...

Oh, that's unlikely. Both games made LA huge amounts of money, and Obsidian will be free to make another game in September. There's no reason why they wouldn't.

Oh, that's unlikely. Both games made LA huge amounts of money, and Obsidian will be free to make another game in September. There's no reason why they wouldn't.

Yeah there is. LucasArts. As OE were contracted for K2 only LA might decide to get someone else to do K3, offer crappy terms for K3 to OE (hey want to try get another game out in 12 months? wanna? wanna?) or might juts not bother to do a K3.

Archived