Home

Starwars 2007 Announced???

HK47Lover

offer crappy terms for K3 to OE (hey want to try get another game out in 12 months? wanna? wanna?) or might juts not bother to do a K3.

Crappy terms or not, I doubt Obsidian would refuse. They were probably paid very well for making TSL, and they have said that they would be interested in making KotOR III. It would also be a poor decision on LA's part not to release a third KotOR game. They would most likely make a large amount of money, so I don't see why they wouldn't bother.

Gamedaily said that Bioware would be making it

Why'd they say that? Bioware is busy with Mass Effect, and they've been contracted to make two sequels for it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, that's unlikely. Both games made LA huge amounts of money, and Obsidian will be free to make another game in September. There's no reason why they wouldn't.

True that. I would guess that too. Maybe they are just working on it secretly?

My guess is this is the game that involves Vader. LEC is developing it on their own, bypassing the third party developer route, and is using their new technology toys in this game, namely Euphoria and digital molecular matter. But like others have stated, I sure do hope it gets released for PC, even if the PC publish is some time after the console versions' release.

Besides, as far as I know, Gamedaily said that Bioware would be making it, as far as I know. There's no way they would just drop KIII.
I wonder what Gamedaily is basing this on. Statements made by BioWare's Co-CEO's seem to indicate they only plan on working with their own IP's going forward, not licensed properties like KotOR. Of course things can change. Who knows how the BioWare/Pandemic merger has affected plans for the newly combined company?

Both games made LA huge amounts of money...
Truth be told we really don't know how much money LucasArts made from KotOR and TSL. There's no doubt in my mind that both games were profitable for LEC but how profitable is the real question. LucasArts is a privately held company so they don't have to provide us with any insight into their financials.

I highly doubt it's really KotOR III. Bioware is uninterested in KotOR and will be busy with the Mass Effect series for years, while Obsidian is working on NWN 2 and will release it in September. There's no time, although that game does look interesting.

Yep Obsidian is working on NWN2 but they were also working on it while they were working on KOTOR 2 so they have the man power. Bioware also has the manpower (even while working on Mass Effect) but since they've already announce another unnamed game that they are working on (that isn't KOTOR 3) I doubt they'll be doing it.

Maybe Lucasarts is going to try and develop it in house. God I hope not.

I cannot understand LucasArts. Sorry. But there are thousands of KOTOR-Fans waiting for a third game and they do nothing.....Just producing games such as Lego Star Wars *brrr*.

Hey, I want to play KOTOR III and what would also be great, a successor for Jedi Academy. That was also a great game.

I cannot understand LucasArts. Sorry. But there are thousands of KOTOR-Fans waiting for a third game and they do nothing.....Just producing games such as Lego Star Wars *brrr*.

Hey, I want to play KOTOR III and what would also be great, a successor for Jedi Academy. That was also a great game.

It's all about the money.

well, I am sure kotor3 is being considered. But games like kotor3 have many background/story based stuff to be considered, and LEC currently do care a bit about continuity. A more simple hack n slash n choke action game have less story and more game crowd.

So yeah kotor3 seems to be some time away.

Remeber there have been no announcements about KOTOR3 at all. It could currently be in production or it might not.

There is zero news coming from Lucasarts. Everything is speculation now.

One thing we can count on is that if they game made them money (which it did) that they would continue with it.

This was basicly an incomplete game that still was one of the best selling and rated games of the year. Pretty impressive if you ask me.

I'm hoping they take their time and whoever develops it makes it next gen and the most beautiful SW game to date.

You realize that everyone is calling this a vader game. In fact, there was a few concept art pictures of two different jedi causing mass chaos. Maybe it will be a JK4 game, or just a regular Jedi game where you can make your character and sometimes be forced to play Vader? Or maybe it's a port of Battlefront 3 or maybe it's just BF3. We dunno.

KOTOR III would make a s**t load of money. But LucasArts just seems to be interested in the pwny period of the one road universe-movies. They don't seem to want to broaden the Star Wars galaxy. This could probably be another pwny game. They known that people want KOTOR III.

KOTOR III would make a s**t load of money. But LucasArts just seems to be interested in the pwny period of the one road universe-movies. They don't seem to want to broaden the Star Wars galaxy. This could probably be another pwny game. They known that people want KOTOR III.

I want K3 just like anyone else here, but Thousands of KotOR fans dont make as much money as Millions of general SW fans. Now If you were in LA's shoes, would you make a Vader game that Millions would buy or a K3 game that fewer people would buy? So unless LA add another zero to the price tag, I think there will be more Lego and Vader games until LA are comfortable enough to make K3.

I would personally prefer they didnt make K3 *IF* they plan on rushing it more than K2. Better to let the franchise end prematurely than be ruined IMO

That's reaching a bit.

With all the respect...

The Star Wars timeline DOES permit a stormtrooper frag fest, and still be 'Old Republic.'

Exar Kun was a knight of the old Republic, but so was Mace Windu. Imo, 'old republic' just stands for 'time before Empire.'

If you'd start 'reaching' you could guess alot about the picture. Maybe you play a knight that is being hounded down by Vader? Play the events after Episode 3?

It's to bad it watched milojmiles little video. It shows a Stormtrooper struggling. And it looks like a shooter-ish engine imo. It does leave the JK4 option open, though :xp:

With all the respect...

The Star Wars timeline DOES permit a stormtrooper frag fest, and still be 'Old Republic.'

Exar Kun was a knight of the old Republic, but so was Mace Windu. Imo, 'old republic' just stands for 'time before Empire.'

If you'd start 'reaching' you could guess alot about the picture. Maybe you play a knight that is being hounded down by Vader? Play the events after Episode 3?

It's to bad it watched milojmiles little video. It shows a Stormtrooper struggling. And it looks like a shooter-ish engine imo. It does leave the JK4 option open, though :xp:

There's nothing wrong with taking what little facts are known and speculating (it's called making an educated guess) but just blindly making up stuff is sad.

It is reaching. As a matter of fact it's reaching very far. Stormtroopers are 4000 years away from existance in the KOTOR universe. It's very doubtful that LucasArts would allow them to be added just for kicks.

JK4 is more likely but that's not what was being discussed. What I replied to was a comment that the Sith Troopers could evolve into Stormtroopers for KOTOR3.

So for the first time in a Star Wars game, you'll Force Push dozens of Stormtroopers in all direction, or project a huge cascade of Force Lightning at a flock of foes, or fling an enormous piece of rubble at an upcoming TIE fighter. We're floored."

Okay this line really bugged me. Let's see here:

1)Force pushed dozens of stormtroopers...

Done that. It's called Jedi Knight II. Or KOTOR 1 & 2 if you want to count Sith instead of stormtroopers.

2)Project force lightning at a flock of foes...

Refer to number 1.

3)Fling junk at TIE fighters.

Jedi Knight: DFII let you do that with people, and JKII let you do it with AT-STs so same thing really.

But I would gladly do it all over again with latest gen tech. When I'm 80 I'll still buy every Star Wars games out there (oh, they'll have them, just you watch). My point is that whomever wrote that line must not be a Star Wars gamer. Or a gamer with a short memory.

Archived