Home

And you thought Episode 1 was foul...

nova_wolf

Now, I realise that the sabers are gonna come out over this one, but sorry...

I have tried, and believe me, there are sequences in Ep 1 I like, and some that could have been exceptional if it weren't for that annoying little bastard they had playing Annakin.

But it stunk badly, compared to the originals or not - it was not great.

Having recently seen the FULL trailer to Ep 2, I would like to say something I never thought I would here myself say.

After a three year wait, expecting a film with the most important piece of storyline yet, I have come to the decision that I may not even bother RENTING it when it's released !

It looks SOOO bad. And as for continuity - the Firespray class patrol vessel did NOT exist back then. Victory class Stardestroyers did, but not Firespray vessels.

I have a bad feeling about this...

------------------

Nova Squadron, the Elite B-Wing flight group stationed aboard the Nebulon B Frigate 'Oracle', home of the tech library.

'No capitol too large, no corvette too armed. NOVA squadron, for ALL your extermination needs. Our special at the moment - SSDs (See our work with the Iron Fist !) !'

Commander Jon 'DFMD' Adamson - leader of Nova Squadron (B-Wing ID = 'The White Witch')

It appears West End Games was wrong about a great many things.

The only things that matter to star wars movies are the other movies and whatever's in George's head. If he says that 9' blue chimpanzees constructed the first Death Star 3240325 years before ANH, then that's what happened. He wanted Jango Fett to fly the same ship as Boba Fett, so it happened.

Like Nute said: The movies are the only things in the Star Wars universe that can be considered 'canon'. The rest of the expanded universe, even if sponsored by Lucas, is still only fan-fiction, and can be totally disregarded by the creator at any time if he wants.

The only thing worring me about Ep.II at the moment is the actor playing Anakin's somewhat stilted and mechanical performances in the clips I've seen so far.

Everything else looks good.

[This message has been edited by edlib (edited November 30, 2001).]

Guest Sarcastic Saint

I have to admit that the "first" three movies made had a different atmosfere....more adult like i think.

However i hear many people say that they dont like what they see/feel when it comes to the new movies....well i can only say one thing to that;

Hold your opinions untill you've seen all three....because lets face it ep I, II and III are supposed to form 1 big movie.

(Actually all 9 movies were supposed to form 1 big movie but thats not how i see it anymore....every 3 movies are in reality 1 big movie and are mere chapters of the bigger thing....well enogh of my ranting i just had to put in my...oh say $0,05 cts.)

I for one thoroughly enjoyed TPM. more so after reading cloak of deception (the prequel to TPM). Those droids were so cool! I love those battle STAPs. oh, and anakin didn't annoy me much as a character either, as i find ALL kids that young annoying. I never saw any movie with him in it b4 tpm.

After watching jingle all the way though, it did seem a little weird...

Archived