Home

Exile Female (CANON)

I think kotor2 REALLY needs to be like kotor1 where you get to kill most of your party members if you go DS. Then you get to remove pervert mike's bodyparts bits by bits wif your trusty red saber as he deserves... Also giving that option to kotor2 would also ensure that lowlife excuse of a sub-sentient won't comeback to ANY future game/story of any form ever again.

You forgot to mention disembowelment. I think you should have been able to slice him open, and hang him by the wrists. Let evrything hang out of his body. BTW, have you seen Hanibal (not the movie about the general from Carthage, but the serial killer), it had a nice scene in it, sort of what I mentioned. Looks suitable for him.

Apart from that, nothing that's published by anybody makes it automatically canon. They can't just go contradict themself, something that George Lucas is quite capable of with all his licencing.

And the only thing to be called canon is what happened in the movies, the rest is ALL EU, so there is no way to tell whether it's true or not. There are simply not enough people who have read everything. and when discussing SW, there is no reason to assume that they have read those sources. There is reason to assume that they have seen the movies. Doing otherwise is pretty much the same as telling that some sort of god created the universe, earth or anything you name, just because some fairy tale states that, while it is clear that the majority of the people have not read that piece of fiction.

On the other hand, some of the EU fundamentalists have the same reasoning skills as a brick wall. To clarify, those are the guys that keep telling that because GL said so it's true, eventhough there's nothing to support GL's claims, or the claims of anybody else for that matter.

Oh, and for the people that just figurted out I am a Sith Lord

Don't you think you might just be a wee bit late?

Apart from that, there are thousands of Sith everywhere, just to name a few there's

Obi-Wan Kenobi ('only a Sith deals in absolutes' is an absolute by itself)

Yoda ('do or do not, there is no try' is an absolute)

and off course

Vader

Palpatine

Maul

Tyrannus

And since we're on an KOTOR forum

Revan

Malak

Sion

Traya

the other guy whose name I forgot

Even here on Earth there's

Revan (well me) J/K

and tons of others, but I would still be typing tomorrow if I were to list them all

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hehe How stupidly contradictory
Yeah, I see what you mean but I still thought it was one of the best lines in ROTS. :D

Oh, and for the people that just figurted out I am a Sith Lord

Don't you think you might just be a wee bit late?

Late for what? I don't care if you consider yourself a Sith Lord. There are lots of people on these forums that like to assume DS personas. More power to ya. But if you ever decide to go with a DS screen name to more accurately represent yourself you can do so in the [thread=106555]Need a name change? Post here![/thread] thread.

For everybody else - Play your Exile however you want. The choice is yours!

To clarify, those are the guys that keep telling that because GL said so it's true, eventhough there's nothing to support GL's claims, or the claims of anybody else for that matter.

:eyes8: What in the HECK are you talking about?!?!?!? IT'S HIS UNIVERSE FER CRYING OUT LOUD! If that doesn't make him authoritative what the hell does? Want to know why Darth Vader is Luke's father? BECAUSE GL SAID SO. Maybe I'm missing something, but what you said makes no sense to me.

You obviously haven't even seen the movies. I could point things out, but that would spoil the movies if you were to watch them someday.

The problem is that you seem to claim that only the movies can be canon. But only a few comics and novels and the alternate non-canon outcomes of the games are outside canon. Everything else is canon, including all the EU. Because if something contradicts GL's vision, it gets rewritten or axed before it's even released. The Tales of the Jedi comic books are canon. The male LS Revan ending of KotOR1 is canon. The Dark Empire comic books are canon. The New Jedi Order novels are canon. Why? Because it was all approved by Lucasarts before it was published.

He doesn't take a hit' date=' this guy.[/quote'] :blast5:

As said by one special Mandalorian bounty hunter. jedi, why are you so adamant that the movies and the movies alone are canon, when they are not the only publicly released production by GL?

It's approved by Lucas Film, Jediphile. That's a lot more of a big deal.;)

I think kotor2 REALLY needs to be like kotor1 where you get to kill most of your party members if you go DS. Then you get to remove pervert mike's bodyparts bits by bits wif your trusty red saber as he deserves... Also giving that option to kotor2 would also ensure that lowlife excuse of a sub-sentient won't comeback to ANY future game/story of any form ever again.

Um, who was Mike? I'm pretty sure there was no party member named Mike in either KOTOR game.

The poster was referring to Mical/Deciple. I have trimmed the chatty posts in this thread. -RH

And the only thing to be called canon is what happened in the movies, the rest is ALL EU, so there is no way to tell whether it's true or not. There are simply not enough people who have read everything. and when discussing SW, there is no reason to assume that they have read those sources. There is reason to assume that they have seen the movies. Doing otherwise is pretty much the same as telling that some sort of god created the universe, earth or anything you name, just because some fairy tale states that, while it is clear that the majority of the people have not read that piece of fiction.

On the other hand, some of the EU fundamentalists have the same reasoning skills as a brick wall. To clarify, those are the guys that keep telling that because GL said so it's true, eventhough there's nothing to support GL's claims, or the claims of anybody else for that matter.

I could say the same about your reasoning skills too... You don't seem to get it.

GL created/envisioned/produced the whole freakin' universe we are talking about right now. That makes it his universe, right? So anything he wants to include in his universe he can, because he was the original maker. It might be EU, but EU is still canon.

"Nothing to support his claims..." Er... do you have some mistaken idea that Star Wars is real, and George Lucas is just guessing about this history? Because he really doesn't have any proof that 4000 years before the Battle of Yavin some dude named Revan came onto the scene? If so, then why are the movies somehow correct? In fact, why are we even discussing this far-fetched and ridiculous idea?

While I don't think that is your real basis for all this, I just wanted to understand what the "to support his claims" mean. Maybe you better sharpen up your reasoning skills and present something that makes sense.

And secondly, if you have never heard of Hannibal (the guy from Carthage), and if most of the population on earth had never heard of him, then would he be true or not? Most likely people would know about George Bush, Iraq, present events, etc. so that would make them true, right? But what about Hannibal? Is his existence now controversial?

Or, to use another made-up universe: It is much more likely that people will have played Halo 1 and 2, then read novels such as "Halo: Fall of Reach" or "Halo: The Flood".... but with your reasoning ("brick wall" comes to mind), would you state that the events entitled in those books most likely did not take place, or are mere myths?

Clearly you know that not everything in KOTOR is canonical, correct? (And please, one "N".) For example: It probably isn't canon that Reven played Pazaak against that guy in the furthest corner of the Undercity and won by four points. However, from what we're told in KOTOR II it apparently is canon that the swoop racing sidequest (or at least the Manaan portion) that Reven participated in that and became the champion.

You see, it's impossible for every single choice to be canon as having really happened, for obvious reasons. The main flow of the story and one of the endings are deffinately canon. Other, minor things are really up to Obsidian and Lucas Film. (I'm sure that Trask telling Reven how to move around and to click on the icons in the upper part of the screen aboard the Endire Spire never happened.;))

Clearly you know that not everything in KOTOR is canonical, correct? (And please, one "N".) For example: It probably isn't canon that Reven played Pazaak against that guy in the furthest corner of the Undercity and won by four points. However, from what we're told in KOTOR II it apparently is canon that the swoop racing sidequest (or at least the Manaan portion) that Reven participated in that and became the champion.

You see, it's impossible for every single choice to be canon as having really happened, for obvious reasons. The main flow of the story and one of the endings are deffinately canon. Other, minor things are really up to Obsidian and Lucas Film. (I'm sure that Trask telling Reven how to move around and to click on the icons in the upper part of the screen aboard the Endire Spire never happened.;))

It'd be pretty funny in a movie. "Help me Obi-wan.." To respond to this plea press your left mouse button now!

Well, Trask's "commands" are obviously gaming guidelines. But I am sure Trask's existance on ES is canon.

As for choices, it is improbable that LA would have a "model answer" for every one of them, hence information on kotor series characters are mostly brief.

I don't think Exile being a terminal Pazzak player who spend days in the bar while the galaxy is being ripped apart would look good in the story?

Also, Easter Eggs don't count, so Atton does not Mentioned about a series called jedi Academy. Although the Echani poem may be real.

So Atton may have actually use the line " Are You An Angel!" XD

Okay first of all, it was at typo. They happen to the best of us.

Secondly, I'm am aware of the issues these kind of rpgs create to the SW enthusiast. When you're going for canon, you really can't rely on anything but the films. Not the comics, not the games and certainly not websites (wikipedia anyone?) And as PoiuyWired said, some aspects of the EU are merely a guide, yet still exsist and influence the narrative of the Star Wars universe.

Besides, I was referring to wikipedia.

When you're going for canon, you really can't rely on anything but the films. Not the comics, not the games and certainly not websites (wikipedia anyone?)

Why not? I mean, yes to the websites, but why can't comics and games (and novels) be considered canon? If it's good enough for GL and LA, why isn't it good enough for us? Because GL accepts the New Jedi Order and the Tales of the Jedi comic books as canon. You even see Naga Sadow's attack on Coruscant pictured in Palpatine's office in Ep. III...

I would prefer to have a female Revan and then a male exile. Although I played them always as females. But Revan and the Exile have to be mentioned in the literature, especially now with the comics about KotOR. Maybe it's the best way to formulate them neutral and to refer to them as Revan or the Exile. Or LucasArts makes a decision. I mean to have heard somewhere that Revan was meant to be male :(. Then a female exile would be a good "compensation". Although I prefer to be the other way round :D .

I see I am late to the party, bit I will take a stab at all this anyway. Sorry if I repeat stuff others have said...

First, it's a wiki, a completely unreliable source.
It's not completely unreliable. There is lots of accurate and useful information there. You just have to be very aware about from what sources parts of the information come from. There is a lot on there that is simple fanwanking.

Second, there's no such thing as a canon Revan or canon Exile, at least not for Star Wars.
Revan is conanically male light side and the Exile is conanically female light side.

They don't appear in the movies and as such are not canon. They are also in absolutely NO way relevant to the movies.
The first part is false, that last part is true. They are just different levels of canon.

That means there is no canon Revan or Exile, no matter what anybody said.
But the powers that be have said...

Those communities do not concern me.
But they concern Lucas Licensing, with is of course all that matters. But feel free to plug your ears and stick your head in the sand if it helps.

Here are the facts though, all the non game writings and the game itself is all C-Level Canon, so it is quite impossible to call Revan 'canonically' Male LS, and The Exile 'canonically' Female LS... as they are the same level of EU canon.
Having the choice of gender is a game mechanic, and so is not relevant to canon. Canon can be solidified and overruled by Licas Licensing, which they have in this case.

I don't buy that whole degrees crap
That's good, because we aren't selling it.

it's either canon or it's not.
In a general sense, yes. But there is of course which level of canon applies to it.

You're still making no sense jedi3112. I'll use small words so that you'll understand. If it's published by GL, it's canon.
To nit-pick, if it's published by Lucas Licensing. George Lucas tends to have little to nothing to do with it.

Apart from that, nothing that's published by anybody makes it automatically canon. They can't just go contradict themself, something that George Lucas is quite capable of with all his licencing.
That's where the levels come in...

And the only thing to be called canon is what happened in the movies, the rest is ALL EU, so there is no way to tell whether it's true or not.
There is a very easy way to tell.

There are simply not enough people who have read everything. and when discussing SW, there is no reason to assume that they have read those sources. There is reason to assume that they have seen the movies. Doing otherwise is pretty much the same as telling that some sort of god created the universe, earth or anything you name, just because some fairy tale states that, while it is clear that the majority of the people have not read that piece of fiction.
This makes absolutely no sense.

Well, there is the whole "creator" thing.

Obi-Wan Kenobi ('only a Sith deals in absolutes' is an absolute by itself)

Yoda ('do or do not, there is no try' is an absolute)

Oh brother.

You obviously haven't even seen the movies. I could point things out, but that would spoil the movies if you were to watch them someday.
Now I get it. You are trolling.

Having the choice of gender is a game mechanic, and so is not relevant to canon. Canon can be solidified and overruled by Licas Licensing, which they have in this case.

Prime you told me that it is all C-Level(?) Canon, so the so-called 'Canon' statement from LLC, is of the same level of C-Canon(?) as the game, correct?

Revan is conanically male light side and the Exile is conanically female light side.

Care to explain why? I'm hearing an awful lot about this "female exile" and wonder why this is so.

I know Revan is male because of references in comics and Canderous accidentally letting the word "him" slip while describing him.

Archived