Home

Rogue Squadron Novels

Jasq

I just finished Solo Command and so far I think that the series is amazing. Very well written and I found there to be many humerous parts in the books with Wraith Squadron. What did everyone think of the series?

Though old, most of the XW/Wraith series are great. They of course introduced two of my fave EU characters - Corran Horn & Whistler(his droid). Make sure you read "I, Jedi" afterwards which focuses on Corran. Dont forget the XW comics too !! Alot of the earlier ones are *awesome*

You can actually get most of the novels collected into 'omnibus' editions nowdays.

mtfbwya

I read I, Jedi recently (as boarders seemed to be having a fire sale, $1.99) and found Stackpole's style and flow to be far beyond that of Zahn or Luceno (the two author's I've had the most SW experience with). As soon as I've gotten through the last book of the Thrawn trillogy and waxed off NJO I plan on going back and hitting up the Rogue Squadron novels.

Honestly, I've never been a fan of Stackpole's work. I always felt that his dialogue was a little rough, some aspects of his plots are a little weak, and he has characters do some silly things (like talking to themselves a lot). That's not as prevaliant in I, Jedi, but I did feel that Horn's transition from "pilot" to "i pwn everyone Jedi" was too easy. I'm much more partial to Allstad (sp?), who wrote the 5th-7th books in the RS series. The dialogue works, the characters are witty and funny (perhaps a little too much, but I like it), and the plots just feel better to me. However, I seem to be the only one who feels like this. [/shrug]

Archived