Home

Ensimod v1.0 Preview Release / Public Beta

dumbledore

ensi and i decided to release a public beta of em (he's gone on vacation for a week, probably so he doesn't have to deal with all the bug reports... :rolleyes: ) we've uploaded three different installation types to pcgamemods.com. take your pick:

(1) automated nullsoft installer: http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18599.html

(2) copy and paste into gamedata folder: http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18600.html

(3) run an ensimod server on linux: http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18601.html

Here's the long-awaited Ensimod v1.0 Preview Release (public beta), available for your beta-testing or regular usage today! Ensimod fixes many glitches found in basejka, as well as adding countless features that are designed to improve playability rather than hinder it, as some other mods have (:/). Ensimod's main features include full unlagged support, a working implementation of the shrubbot chat control system, a brand-new permissions-based admin system designed to assist in balancing gameplay rather than offering abusable admin commands, additional gametypes, builtin disruption mode, the ability to adjust weapon delays and damages to better suit the skill level of a server, an intelligent and intuitive word censor, Quake-like award system, and automatic map downloader if you don't have the map being played on an ensimod server. (For a full list of features and how to use or configure them, read the included readme.) If you find any bugs or glitches in this public beta release, please report them to the official Ensimod development forums at http://www.wildjedi.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=9 . Good luck and have fun!

:rock:

• 2 weeks later...

seems to, not really any bad bugs have popped up besides the fact of the first object in the modelscale.cfg and trueview.cfg refuses to get parsed. (trueview one should work fine in ojp though, i just use a diff method of parsing cuz i dun like having it stored in memory as i may want to change the file while in-game)

I have inherent issues with the concept of model scaling. It's painfully obvious that sabers for example are not designed to facilitate hitting such things. There's just something wrong when being a midget to me is more or less an inherent advantage since you start becoming rather annoying to hit... but I digress.

I have inherent issues with the concept of model scaling. It's painfully obvious that sabers for example are not designed to facilitate hitting such things. There's just something wrong when being a midget to me is more or less an inherent advantage since you start becoming rather annoying to hit... but I digress.

well if u read readme you can see it can be customized to:

- Completely Off

- Set it for model only (collisions, etc are affected)

- Speed Scale

- Saber Damage Scale

Yeah, I know. It just gets me that many, er, 'movie buffs' and servers would keep it on to play as teeny, ridiculously fast, and hard to hit Yoda or some **** like has happened almost all the time I've seen such scaling.

I dunno about you, but something like that strafe jumping around with a rocket launcher is barely a step away from a cheat in my book.

Otherwise, you've got a great mod there. My compliments.

No no no, I LOVE strafe jumping with a rocket launcher and routinely employ it myself... as long as the player is normal size like everyone else.

Now if they're smaller (and possibly faster), I find that there's a problem since they become 'vastly' more difficult to hit especially if they employ jumping (especially of the strafe variety), and I doubt you decreased gun damage from them to compensate enough (I only saw saber damage decreasing in the readme).

Furthermore, if you try to attack a midget with a saber, you will find you will have problems hitting them compared to their normal size counterparts, as the sabers were just not designed to hit midgets. Meanwhile, if they decide to crouch saber you, they have quite a big target to do it with and they get under the blocking system a lot judging from prior experience.

Archived