Home

Is it any good?

Darth_Sion

Ok, I have to be honest with you guys here. I didn't get to far on SWG. 51 to be exact, post NGE. I never got it to any groups either, which was sad cause that looked rather fun. So the big question is, are groups fun? Going with a group of people to kill HUGE monsters and PVPing. Also is ToOW worth getting?

groups don't really work too well if you're not the same level as the members in your group. Groups are pretty fun if you are going with a group of the same level though, for instance, taking out some nightsisters or singing mountain claners on dathomir, they are pretty tough and it would be more fun for a group.

i too am starting to miss the pre-nge days. The game felt so....closed in when i resubscribed this past may. I think the quests are a buncha bull now, focusing too much on the lower level'd peoples, and offering freakin leftover cafeteria food for the rewards. The commendation things is a bunch of bullcrap as well, i mean cmon...500 commendations for a weapon? get the hell out of here, why the hell not make the missions like CL70-CL90 and for it to give out more than 1 commendation for the tougher missions, and like 1 for the n00b missions, this way players could somewhat pick and choose, but the bigger reward being with the tougher missions. and why the hell aren't they putting stuff on TC for like 2+ weeks before pushing it out the asshole? cause that's what it looks like when it hits live, looks like crap, aside from the PBS anyway, at least they tested that thoroughly and didn't get too many complaints...they should've learned from that. guess they're all going on vacation anyway it's independence day weekend!

SWG is destroyed now... 7 months after NGE and they have still not got it good... Rollback is the only solution. I want to get my carbineer / combat medic back!

Amen, a rollback even to the CU, would potentially draw me back. However, at this point, I think we can all see that it won't happen. :(

• 2 weeks later...
I still have faith that SOE and LucasArts will improve the game alot. I still think SWG kicks WOWs butt.

Um yeah.... you must have started playing post-NGE huh? Never experienced the great game SWG USED to be. Or perhaps one of the vast many that never attained Jedi until the NGE?

Unless you were there to experience the grand battles back in like 03-04. Or the life of a grinding Jedi back Pre-CU/CU, then you have no idea what I am talking about. Back when strategy, skill and preparation were key as opposed to the faster button clicker winning. Has there even been a massive battle since the NGE? One that nearly crashed the server? I recall HUGE 100 vs. 100 battles in which the tension and lag was so thick you could cut it with your saber.

Hey there Obten. How goes things man?

i've been on since pre-cu, Feb 2k5, and i really liked the combat upgrade, then i had to cancel my sub cause i had to move, and then just got back in march...and it seems like they took the kiddy direction w/the nge. but eh, i've adapted.

i've been on since pre-cu, Feb 2k5, and i really liked the combat upgrade, then i had to cancel my sub cause i had to move, and then just got back in march...and it seems like they took the kiddy direction w/the nge. but eh, i've adapted.

Meh, I adapted as well. Playing WoW while I wait for Pirates of the Burning Sea to come out. Just stopping by to say hello to any of the old peeps that might remember. Not many play any more. Kind of funny that infighting and drama didn't do nearly as much damage to my guilds as the NGE did.

It truly saddens me to see videos of Theed and Coronet nearly empty when travel to these cities used to cause many to avoid them entirely because their PCs just couldn't handle the amount of toons there.

So, you're still alive I see, Deft. :)

I'm with Deft on this. The glory days of SWG was from the very beginning until they started pooping out Jedi to one and all (<-- my biggest peew, and no, there are no misspellings :) ), and all that other crap.

Actually, for me, it ended even before that.

I hoped JTL would bring me into it again, and for awhile it did, but even that felt less Star Warsy, with the Wing Commander physics, HUD, and all.

It stinks, I agree. I have played WoW and COH both before coming back to SWG once again. I hate the changes, but it's still more fun than anything else. And despite the fact that number have dwindled, it has the best online community IMO.

I'm still here/back again.. And if any of you vets feel the need to log in or something, you can always shoot a hi to either Eirikr' or Jo-dae. I miss you all enormously heh :D

Best community, by far. Though I'm finding Kirin Tor in WoW to be somewhat sufficient. Yet again, me and my flirtatious ways getting the best of me. :o

I think World of Warcraft has a MUCH better community, the best i've seen.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
No such thing as a challenge in groups anymore, the days of 20+ people all together in the DWB are long gone. You can do everything with a smaller group now and easily do anything with a full group.

Yeah, I came back for about a month. Solo farming most of the content is quite dull and boring. /yawn

I'm done with SWG once again.

Yeah, I came back for about a month. Solo farming most of the content is quite dull and boring. /yawn

I'm done with SWG once again.

ya I saw that on the official forums, I'm going to try and stick with it for awhile, seeing how this is my first New Garbage Experience play time, not to mention I play much less then I did pre-nge or pre-cu, what usually happened was I'd play so much I'd get bored and find myself standing around rping alot or just talking in guild chat, so I quit twice, or took two "breaks" I guess it is. Hopefully they keep with a good direction to the game, it's not like it used to be, but it's getting better then when the NGE first hit. I feel so bad for quitting pre-cu now though, damn I miss those days.

Archived