Home

Which Level of Hell Are You Destined For? (Dante's Inferno)

Second Level of Hell

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have come to a place mute of all light, where the wind bellows as the sea does in a tempest. This is the realm where the lustful spend eternity. Here, sinners are blown around endlessly by the unforgiving winds of unquenchable desire as punishment for their transgressions. The infernal hurricane that never rests hurtles the spirits onward in its rapine, whirling them round, and smiting, it molests them. You have betrayed reason at the behest of your appetite for pleasure, and so here you are doomed to remain. Cleopatra and Helen of Troy are two that share in your fate.

Why do i go to Hell anyways? I am not that bad of a guy...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fifth level, which doesn't surprise me.

The river Styx runs through this level of Hell, and in it are punished the wrathful and the gloomy. The former are forever lashing out at each other in anger, furious and naked, tearing each other piecemeal with their teeth. The latter are gurgling in the black mud, slothful and sullen, withdrawn from the world. Their lamentations bubble to the surface as they try to repeat a doleful hymn, though with unbroken words they cannot say it. Because you lived a cruel, vindictive and hateful life, you meet your fate in the Styx.

Y'know, thinking about this even more, it strikes me that Heaven and Hell are really impractical ways of running a universe. I mean, you get, what, 70-80 years to decide where you spend *eternity*? Unless you're Hitler, what could a person reasonably do in that time to justify being disemboweled for the whole rest of time? Especially this business of heretics. Eternal damnation just for not believing. Huh? This God guy really sounds amazingly insecure for a being that can create the universe. It's not enough that God can do that, he has to be worshipped for it as well? "Hey look at me! I'm SOOOO big! I'm God!" Oooooooooooooooo...

@Mace, *DS points gained* Just keep talking:xp:

Can't help but wonder where Darth Vader would've ended up. That's something that's always bugged me about RotJ. I mean, after living almost his entire adult life in evil, killing children, choking people from across the room, and blowing up planets, all Darth Vader has to do is kill Palpatine and say he's sorry at the very end and boom, he gets to be all spiffed up in the Jedi afterlife and stand right alongside Obi-Wan and Yoda, who for all his nine-hundred-plus years of serving the light and resisting the dark side STILL looks like a crumpled salamander. The Jedi are a lot like Catholics...

I'm not sure I understand??? It sounds like your equating the events of Star Wars to a system other than the one being discussed?

@RJM: ;P ;P Seems self-explanatory to me...

I just have issues with monotheistic threat-based afterlives in general. Real fundamentalist zealots seem to imagine God as some grand uber-lawyer who's a lot more worried about technicalities than the actual substance of an individual's life. Who's worse, a sinner who repents or someone who never actually sinned? Who'd you want to be sitting beside you in Heaven?

Or, in the words of Emo Phillips: "When I was a boy, I really really really wanted a new bike for Christmas. So I prayed and I prayed and I prayed, but eventually I realized God just doesn't work like that. So I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

*edit* OMFG you guys have GOT to see this video I just found on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAmljaj5stA&feature=MostReferred&page=1&t=t&f=b

The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to Purgatory!

Here is how you matched up against all the levels:

Level | Score

Purgatory | Very High

Level 1 - Limbo | Very High

Level 2 | Very Low

Level 3 | Very Low

Level 4 | Very Low

Level 5 | Very Low

Level 6 - The City of Dis | Very Low

Level 7 | Low

Level 8- the Malebolge | Low

Level 9 - Cocytus | Very Low

Level descriptions: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-information.html

Take the test: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv

@RJM: ;P ;P Seems self-explanatory to me...

I just have issues with monotheistic threat-based afterlives in general. Real fundamentalist zealots seem to imagine God as some grand uber-lawyer who's a lot more worried about technicalities than the actual substance of an individual's life. Who's worse, a sinner who repents or someone who never actually sinned? Who'd you want to be sitting beside you in Heaven?

Since all of us have done something bad at least once in our lives, we're all in the same boat--none of us are sinless. I have trouble understanding how God can decide that a little white lie carries the same sin burden as Hannibal Lechter-style killing, but it does. The only thing I can say is dirt is dirt. Doesn't matter if you've got a little or a lot. Christianity (and I imagine other religions) isn't a 'fire-insurance card.' It's about accepting the gift of grace that He gave out to anyone who's willing to take it. I love my kids no matter how naughty they get, and so does He. Unfortunately, that part of the message gets lost all too often.

Your theology snippet for the day. PM me if you want the intellectual/apologetics minutiae.

Purgatory Repenting Believers Low

Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers Very Low

Level 2 Lustful Low

Level 3 Gluttonous Very High

Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious Moderate

Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy High

Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics Very Low

Level 7 Violent Moderate

Level 8- the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers High

Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous Low

Gluttonous...how much was i expecting that? 100% that is.

And I believe God knows what he's doing, it's the humans who have got things screwed up IMHO.

Yeah, I can't argue with that one. :)

@RJM--I don't know who Emo is, but he's probably Elmo's uber-depressed twin.

@RedHawke--just don't get the elevator where all the Paul Simon songs are playing. :)

What? Emo isn't a person, it's a term for **** who listen to crappy music and wear girl's clothing and makeup.

Emo Video.

(language warning? watch at your own risk.)

And turn down your volume. The sound comes in kind of loud and abrupt.

Unless you're talking about cigarettes, drop the "terminology". You've been warned. ~ ChAiNz.2da

My apologies. It won't happen again.

Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis

You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

*sigh*... :xp:(I couldn't resist)

What is it with this whole 6th level... it must be destiny because I think that was the last level I got in the old version of this thread.. :eyeraise:

I must be one unbelievable bastard and no one is telling me.. >.<

Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis

You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

yep thats me :lol:

Archived