Home

Training for a New Player

Trumpetstud

Hi, I just ordered Battlefront II today for the PC, and it should come in a few days from now, but I was wondering if there are any good players out there who could give me some tips, maybe even some ingame training. My ingame name will either be Karistis, Vel, or Trumpetstud.

Help a newbie out, waddaya say? :D

tip 1) try out new things and be risky but dont fall off the level or be too risky. 2) jump out of a vehicle when it has low health. 3) Dont run at the enemy and be suicidal when you have low health things can still be accomplished with low health,in fact you can accomplish thing with no ammo and low health. 4) hide behind a health or ammo droid to gain halth or ammo while fighting. 5) check out the Lucasforums Battlefront 2 strategy forum.

what he said^

also, id suggest spenidng quite a while getting to know the maps. maps like Mos eisly and geonosis may seem a bit daunting at first, but a couple of hours zipping round offline will help you out tenfold.

and try practicing with the jettrooper because not many people i know of can use him or jis imp counterpart so if you know how to use him you could get in some sneak attacks from above.

oh and since it is for pc get this map it can help you practice some weapon training thingssince itis small

Hmm. Tips for a new player....

Try out all the classes. Even if you think you will suck playing as the rocket trooper, you might just find out you play best at it.

If you are exposed (such as running around in the middle of Geonosis), don't make yourself a target for snipers. Try to move to places that provide cover (boulders, trees, etc.) when heading for an objective.

When facing Destroyer Droids, don't attack it head-on if its shield is up. Take cover and wait for it to go down, then attack it.

If playing as the rocket trooper and you find a tank nearby (this happens especially on Kashyyyk), place a mine in its path and get out of the way, as it can tank out the tank (and you) in one blast. If you place mines where you think enemies will be, try to conceal them as best as possible. Otherwise, the enemy will avoid them.

Grenades are your friend.

Land a transport in the enemy hanger, even if you don't want to board. It can slow down the enemy when they head for their craft in their hanger, thus making dogfighting and attacking capital ships easier.

Hope all that helps. :)

same for detpacks- these things are beauties. if theres a turret nailing your troops, switch to the engineer if you aren't already one, and sprint like hell towards it, but just to the side so its attack's arent hitting you. Then, lob the detpack on the turret, jump/run/roll away and BOOM! sorted. after a while playing you'll eventuall master dodging peoples attacks, and this will become second nature.

Wow. Great community.

Thanks alot everyone for your advice. It should arrive at my house on Wednesday I think (ordered from Gamestop.com using Amazon.com).

Would there a possibility of one of you training me/helping me ingame? I'm not looking to join a clan or anything, I just want to be able to hold my own in a dogfight/firefight and maybe be a little bit sneaky, too. :D

Also, what "code of honor" do most servers have? I know things like spawncamping/TKing are generally frowned upon in most games, but is there anything else?

Thanks again everyone!

generally, be respectful with whatever form of comms you are using (i.e teamspeak, xfire) ,don't tk is a general rule in all games, as you stated, and generally refrain from n00bish activity. Also, i don't know if the community is the same on pc (i would have thought so) but there are rare occasions where games are relaxed. if you get some people casually walking around, test the waters. don't run in shooting, just a casual walk with your secondary (less powerful weapon) equipped. If they start spamming you with laser, roll and mow em down, if not, kick back, chat about and dont give a hell for the AI.

i would suggest training your self.

YOu see if we train you we take away your chance of finding the sytems that works best for you.

youd adopt our system and be miserable losing instead of making your own system and be happy being a newbie kicking the s**t out of us

Wow. Great community.
Thanks. :p

Would there a possibility of one of you training me/helping me ingame? I'm not looking to join a clan or anything, I just want to be able to hold my own in a dogfight/firefight and maybe be a little bit sneaky, too. :D
I would, but I play on the Xbox. :( However, this game isn't too hard, so you could probably train yourself. :D

Well if you have any good FPS training all you need to remember is the camp spots and how the dumb AI works. It helps you to cheese up kills.

Also nice would be Datpack throwing, and maskering-tape crossshair for sniper class. Rolling is also a good thing to learn.

Unfortunately some BF1 old tricks will not work (like orbital spamming) and rolling is less effective.

Archived