Home

[Fic] Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic III The Second Sith War

Hi everyone, this will be my new fanfic after I'm finished with The Beginning of The Galactic Empire. It's about Revan's return to the Republic only to find the Jedi Order in tatters and to help rebuild it into the next great war. For starters, I'll write you the opening text crawl.

Star Wars

Knights of the Old Republic III: The Second Sith War

Mandalorian War Hero: Revan Skywalker has returned from the Unknown Regions in his search for the Sith. He decides to put it on hold and return to Coruscant to see Bastila Shan again. But he returns to see an empty temple, Revan then realizes that he and the Jedi Exile and Bastila must rebuild the Order if the Republic is to survive the events set in motion. For the Sith are waiting for the oppurtune striking moment.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Here goes nothing)

"Revan, this is what remains of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant." said the former Jedi Exile: Jaden Page. Revan stared out the window in deep dispair. "Why wasn't I there?" Revan asked himself "This is all my fault."

"You made a choice for the greater good, Revan Skywalker, this is not your fault."

"I hope she's alright." Revan said.

"Bastila?" Jaden asked.

"Yes... I can't lose her."

"I'm sure she's alright, my friend." encouraged Jaden.

"I hope so... I can't live without her."

The Ebon Hawk landed in a clearing inside the ruined Jedi Temple. "The Force is strong here" told Mira.

"It might be her!" Revan replied with hope. Revan searched the corridors calling "BASTILA... BASTILA, WHERE ARE YOU?"

"Revan?" said a familliar voice.

"Bastila, is that you?" asked Revan.

"It's been too long." answered the voice.

"I had to come back, I felt I would do a better job protecting you if I was close to you." explained Revan as he turned arount to greet the woman he loves.

"It is good to see your face again. I still remember."

"Bastila" Revan strode over to Bastila and they shared their love.

There was a pause, "I have waited so long for your return, it feels great to have you back, and in my arms too." after Bastila finished, they continued kissing. "Geez-Leweez, they should get a room" Mira told Jaden.

"I pity her actually, she has gone to great lengths just to see him again." replied Jaden.

Atton walked down the loading ramp of the Ebon Hawk and saw Revan and Bastila kissing in the distance, "I'll come back later"

Visas walked down the loading ramp "This is the temple?"

"Yes Visas." answered Jaden.

Revan and Bastila were through kissing and they both had many things to ask eachother. "Are we the last of the Jedi?" asked Revan.

"I'm afraid so."

"We'll have to rebuild our numbers, one by one." told Revan.

"I have a question for you... Did you ever forget me." asked Bastila.

"Not for a damn second." Revan answered "I left to protect you."

"How fast do you think it'll take to rebuild this temple?" asked Bastila.

"We just need the help from old friends." answered Revan. Revan walked back aboard the Ebon Hawk and called an old friend. "Jaden Page?" answered a Republic officer.

"No, Revan Skywalker."

"Revan?! Is that you ol' buddy?"

"Carth, aren't you a sight for sore eyes!"

"What do you need? I'm sure we can help you."

"I need a construction crew at the Jedi Temple ruins on Coruscant. We're going to rebuild the Jedi Order, starting here."

"I'll have one there straight away."

Hours later a construction crew arrived along with Carth and his son Dustil. "I always live up to my word." said Carth.

"I always knew." replied Revan.

"Revan... Do you remeber me?" asked Dustil.

"How can I forget that time on Korriban?"

"I'm aware that you are in need of new Jedi, and I'd be happy to join the order, seeing as if I have some experience with the ways of the Force." told Dustil.

"What place was that? Korriban?" asked Visas.

"Yes ma'am." answered Dustil.

"I am like you, until I met Jaden I was a Sith apprentice, I would be happy to teach you the rest of the ways into the Light." told Visas.

"I'd be honoured."

"Then your training begins now... Padawan Dustil Onasi."

"Thank you... master."

"I have one more question for you, Revan." said Bastila.

"What is it?" Revan asked.

"Why did you begin to love me in the first place?" Bastila asked.

"Well... On the Star Forge after our duel, I saw your pretty blue eyes return. I then realized that I wasn't just the one you wanted... I realized I was also the one you needed." answered Revan.

"What was I to you then?"

"You were the one I loved." After that, Revan and Bastila shared another kiss.

Mira glanced at them and quickly looked away.

"Do you have any ideas where we can search?" asked Revan.

"We can search Telos." answered Brianna.

"Visas has already found her apprentice" Atton pointed out.

"We're going to have more than one student per master, because we are the only ones." told Jaden.

"What about Vrook?" asked Bastila.

"He could be possible." answered Bao-Dur, "I'm sure that he would be happy to help restore the order."

"The outer-rim." suggested Mira.

"That's possible." answered Revan, "That's where me, Malak, Jaden, and Bastila were found."

"Query: Shall I motivate these meatbags master?" asked HK.

"Let them do their jobs HK... They're doing us a favour."

"Answer: As you desire master, signing off."

"Maybe you can help them do some heavy lifting, HK."

"Irritated Answer: Fine Master, fine."

"Beep whoop whistle"

"You can help do some techical work. Revan then turned to Carth, "Can you watch over my droids carefully? We are going to search for new initiates."

"I'll watch them for you."

"Thank you... Jaden, Bastila, Visas, Brianna, Atton, Dustil, Bao-Dur, Mira, Mical, lets go." ordered Revan.

"Our leader's back." Bastila pointed out with glee.

Atton and Mira took the pilot seats and prepared for take off, everyone held on while they made the jump to Dantooine.

Stay tuned for my next chapter: "Rebuilding Dantooine"

notice that my last name for the Exile is the last name of the guy on my avatar and that Revan's reason for loving Bastila is dirived from the Led Zeppelin song: Sick Again. And moderaters, please don't combine this with my chapter, I want it separate.

Around here, in your own Fic threads, double posting is acceptable, but double post in someone elses threads or in other parts of the forums and that is where we go post deletion and combining crazy! :D -RH

well that's good to know

They're going to rebuild the Temple on Coruscant, why bother with Dantooine as well? Anyway nice start and I like Atton's comments there. Also there was quite a lot of dialogue there. Jae Onasi (Author of the successful Fic, TAOJB) has taught me to describe about places, etc.

Can't wait for more and I liked the look of this better than The Beginning of the Galactic Empire.

Hey, Revanscool, I've just thought of something. How about Darth Malus should be like Darth Malus the Great (But he could be called Darth Malus for short)? He could be one of the first most powerful Sith Lords since Exar Kun. Just an idea. You don't have to use it if you don't want to.

"We have just made the jump to lightspeed" announced Atton "You may now do whatever you damn well please." Bastila, who was rather tired, began to get ready for a needed sleep. Revan walked into her room "You look so beautiful."

"Is that because, I still love you?" asked Bastila.

"No... It's because I still love you." answered Revan.

"So you will grace me with compliments every hour?"

"Yes, pretty much... Beautiful."

Both laughed "You're looking good yourself, handsome." Bastila walked over to Revan and kissed him and Revan ran his hand down her smooth face "I love it when you do that" Bastila pointed out "May you sleep with me tonight? I know we're in space, but I still feel paranoid."

"I'll do anything for you." replied Revan.

"Thank you." said Bastila with a large grin. Revan and Bastila crawled into the bunk and kept close through the night.

Revan had a vision of what was to come on Dantooine through his sleep and woke up very quickly. Revan left the bunk and waited near the cockpit. "Do you think Vrook is still alive?" Revan asked Jaden.

"Yes Revan, I think he has a lot more years on him." Jaden answered. Bastila followed Revan into the cockpit "What is it?" she asked.

"I had a vision of things that might pass on Dantooine... The finding of Vrook, the residents banding together to help us, Dustil finiding his saber crystals... "

"I feel there's something you're not telling me." observed Bastila.

"There was one more portion..." continued Revan.

"You can tell me."

"It was about you... you..." Revan took a deep breath "Dying... to a lightsaber." Revan finished.

"You don't know that." Bastila replied.

"You're right... I don't." Revan quickly hugged Bastila "I will not lose you... to the Dark Side or death." vowed Revan.

"I believe you truly mean what you say." replied Bastila. Revan then kissed her forehead.

"We're coming up on Dantooine" announced Atton "We'll be landing at Khoonda Spaceport."

"We can ask the administrator for information regarding Vrook." suggested Jaden.

"That sounds like a good idea." commented Brianna.

"Dustil and I would like to venture on our own for educational puposes." told Visas.

"Yes you can." replied Revan.

"Thank you."

"No problem, Dustil"

"Hang on, we're going to land." told Mira.

Everyone walked off the loading ramp, Visas and Dustil headed left while everyone else headed for the administration building. Jaden led the way as for he helped the people of Khoonda two years ago. "Hello, do you remember me?" asked Jaden.

"How can I forget, Jaden Page." replied the administrator.

"We're looking for Vrook, we need his help. We need some information on his whereabouts. Can you help us?" Jaden asked.

"I think I remember him telling me about journeying to the sub-levels of the acadamy, you can find him there."

"What can we expect in the sub-levels?" asked Revan.

"Deadly creatures... Kath Hounds and Krinarths... But Vrook might've went for something different, he said it was very important." explained the administrator. Revan turned his head in Bastila's directoin and stared at her with a worried face. "Excuse me, but have you been to Dantooine before?" asked the administrator.

"It's been seven years ma'am." answered Revan.

"Oh... Well welcome back."

"Thank you."

"Ugghh... My head feels tingly" told Dustil.

"It will happen in a crystal cave." reminded Visas "This is the place where you will get the first pieces of your lightsaber... Search the clusters" Dustil searched the crystal cluster to find a rather large translucent crystal. "Ahhhh, this crystal has reacted to you... It would be of good use as a focusing crystal." suggested Visas.

"I will."

"First, before permitting you to search any further, you must tell me which Sith class you chose on Korriban." ordered Visas "Was it: Warrior, Alcolyte, or Disciple?"

"I chose Warrior." answered Dustil.

"Then you would be most suitable for a Jedi Guardian, look for a blue crystal in those clusters." told Visas.

"Excuse me master... what happened to your eyes? Why do you cover them?" asked Dustil.

"Focus on the task at hand." told Visas "We will talk about this on the Ebon Hawk.

Revan and his company entered the sub-levels of the ruined acadamy. The Force getting stronger, with every step. "I have a bad feeling about this." Atton pointed out.

"Calm... calm down Atton." told Mical.

"Atton's right, I too have a bad feeling about this." told Revan. The company continued to walk the sub-levels, until they came across a locked door. "Vrook is beyond... this door." said Bastila as she pointed to the door beside her "Revan, if you please." Revan stood beside Bastila and together they opened that locked door. Beyond that door they found Master Vrook Lamar and Master Vandar Tokare inside ray shields. "You shouldn't have come." warned Vrook.

"Why?" asked Revan. Moments later, beings appeared from worn out stealth field generators. "You're a hard man to find, Revan." said a horned being.

"What do you want with me? Who are you?" asked Revan.

"My name is Gan Ragnos... but you can call me Darth Malus... Grandson of Marka Ragnos." he answered.

"But you didn't answer my question yet."

"Oh yes, my apologies... I want you... to be my apprentice." answered Malus.

"I vowed never to embrace the Dark Side again... I wont join you." Revan declined.

"Then you will have to die." Malus said with a smile.

"If you have intentions of killing him, then you will have to kill me too." Bastila declared.

"Good... more of a challange." Malus waved his hand and everyone but Revan and Bastila frose in their tracks. Revan put on his battle mask and ignited his blue lightsabers, Bastila removed her cloak and igniter her yellow doublesaber, Malus ignited is two doublesabers "Intimidated yet?" taunted Malus, Revan and Bastila didn't answer. The three entered a fierce lightsaber duel. Malus kicked Revan's neck and Revan was immobilized, giving Malus the upper hand on Bastila. Bastila fought well, but she was stabbed in the thigh. Malus attempted to deal the killing strike, but his blows were blocked by a now mobile Revan."You keep coming, don't you?" asked Malus.

"Bastard... you should've killed me." repled Revan.

"That can be arranged."

"Oh no" Revan then cracked Malus in the face with his elbow and sliced his arm off. "You may have one this time, Jedi scum, but you will lose next time." Malus disappeared and escaped. Revan then ran over to Bastila to help her to her feet. "Are you okay?" asked Revan.

"I'll live, thanks to you." replied Bastila with a kiss. Everyone regained conciousness and saw to either Revan and Bastila or Vrook and Vandar. Jaden released Vandar and Vrook. "Why have you come back, Revan?" asked Vrook.

"We are going to rebuild the Jedi order, and we would like you to run the acadamy on Dantooine" answered Revan removing his mask.

"We will need to do a lot of searching for Force Adempts." explained Vrook.

"We knew what we were getting ourselves into." replied Revan.

"We will stay and watch over Dantooine, you find new initiates." told Vandar.

"Will you need help in rebuilding the acadamy?" asked Bao-Dur.

"No thank you." answered Vandar.

"Are you able to walk?" asked Revan.

"I have a bad limp for the time being." aswered Bastila.

"I'll help you to the Ebon Hawk." offered Revan.

"Thank you." Bastila placed her arm on Revan's shoulder and Revan helped Bastila to the Ebon Hawk. Revan brought Bastila to a bunk on the Ebon Hawk and sat her down. Revan then stationed his hand over Bastils's wound. In a matter of seconds, Bastila's wound was quickly replaced by skin. Revan then tore off a peice of his robe and covered that area. Dustil and Visas returned to the Ebon Hawk a shorly after. "Bao-Dur: Visas tells me that you can help me build a lightsaber." told Dustil.

"Yes I can." answered Bao-Dur.

"Can you help me build one?"

"You will have to have the proper pieces. You will have one in time."

"Okay." Dustil then found Visas on the ship "You said you'd tell what happened to your eyes."

"Yes I did." replied Visas "They were torn out... By a Sith Lord called Darth Nihilus: The Lord of Hunger, who was killed at the hands of Jaden."

"Ouch! I'm sorry."

"For what? It's in the past."

Revan walked to the cockpit. "I see the people have already started rebuilding the acadamy." observed Revan.

"We should go back to Coruscant and tell Admiral Onasi of this attack." suggested Jaden.

"I agree." replied Revan.

"Coruscant it is." said Atton "Everyone hang on."

The Ebon Hawk then made the jump to lightspeed.

Stay tuned for my next chapter: "A New Threat"

Good Chapter Revanscool. I liked the romance between Revan and Bastila and I like the Master/Apprentice relationship between Visas and Dustil. I also always thought Dustil was a Jedi Guardian. I also get the feeling Visas will be like Kreia.

Anyway, I'm looking foward to the next Chapter.

So where in the KOTOR time line is this, since Vandar died on visas home planet (I forgot what its called) keria killed Vrook and the other masters on dantooine. or is this like an AU because both Brianna and Mical are with the Exile.

Bastila woke up to find Revan sitting right beside her. "How did you sleep?" asked Bastila.

"I had another vision." Revan answered.

"Are we going to face more Sith?" asked Bastila.

"I just saw the Temple halfway done." replied Revan.

"That's wonderful news." replied Bastila "While we're on Coruscant, I would like to visit my mother, will you please come with me?"

"I'll do anything for you." answerd Revan.

"That's why I love you." replied Bastila.

"How's your leg?" asked Revan.

"You did a good job, Revan... It's fine." Bastila replied.

"You know that I'll always have that concern for you." Revan pointed out.

"And you know that I'll love you to the end." Bastila added. Bastila kissed Revan, stroking her hand through his hair, Revan stroking his hand down Bastila's arm. Bastila then locked her leg around Revan's back and continued on. Jaden who happened to be passing by noticed them kissing. Jaden then shut the door, he walked of smiling, he was happy for them. "Did they finally get a room?" asked Mira.

"Their room is off limits for the time being." ordered Jaden.

"They're not-" Atton began.

"They are." Jaden finished. Atton shiverred. Dustil was training to a saber remote, but was getting hit every time. "Your eyes can decieve you, Dustil... You shouldn't trust them." Visas waved her hand and Dustil's eyesight dimmed. "What've you done?" asked Dustil.

"Trust the Force instead of your sight." told Visas. Dustil raised his saber one last time and blocked every blast. "There you go." congratulated Visas.

"Thank you master... Here's your saber back." thanked Dustil giving Visas her lightsaber back. Revan and Bastila walked out of their room and to the cockpit "HEY, THE LOVEBIRDS ARE DONE" yelled Atton. Atton and Mira cheered. Revan laughed. "We're coming down on Coruscant, looks like your friend built a hangar." observed Atton.

"That's good news." replied Revan.

The Ebon Hawk landed in the new hangar everyone came down off the loading ramp. "Jaden, can you fill Carth in on the attack on Dantooine?" asked Revan.

"Yes, but why? asked Jaden.

"Bastila wants to visit her mother and she wants me to come with her." answered Revan.

"Then by all means sure." told Jaden. Revan walked over to Bastila "Honey, we will take one of these air speeders to visit your mother." explained Revan.

"Okay." replied Bastila with a large frown.

"Darling, what's wrong?" asked Revan.

"I don't know if she will be okay... Has her sickness worsened? I don't know..." answered Bastila.

Revan felt increasingly remorseful for his love "Come... There's only one way to find out... And that way is seeing it for ourselves." explained Revan.

"I guess your right." Bastila replied, climbing in the airspeeder with Revan.

Jaden found Carth "Carth, we have started rebuilding the acadamy on Dantooine... But we were attacked by a Sith Lord named Darth Malus The Great." Jaden explained.

"Did anyone die?" asked Carth.

"He wounded Bastila... But Revan took his arm." answered Jaden.

"Is Bastila okay?

"Bastila is okay, thanks to Revan."

"That man always looks out for her."

"She's lucky Revan loves her... She's lucky he looks out for her... I sense pain within her."

"Bastila... Your mother is going to be fine." said Revan trying to comfort her. He then realized that words wasn't doing anything... Revan grasped her hand and kissed it. "I know that you're trying to help... I thank you Revan... I really do." remarked Bastila. She felt increasingly sad and she started whimpering. Revan sighed. "We're incoming on the hospital." announced Revan. Revan and Bastila walked into the hospital, Revan holding Bastila close. "Excuse us?" Bastila asked to the receptionist. The receptionist looked up at Bastila. "Is there a patient here by the name of Helena Shan?" asked Bastila.

"Just let me check." requested the receptionist. The receptionist searched through her files and found Helena Shan's visit record. "I'm sorry to say that Helena Shan is deceased." apologized the receptionist.

"Bastila, I'm sorry." Revan apologized. Bastila began to sob. She lay her head on Revan's chest to hide her tears from everyone else. "I'm so sorry Bastila." Revan escorted Bastila back to the Jedi airspeeder and flew back to the temple.

When they landed at the temple Revan escorted Bastila back onto the Ebon Hawk where she can be alone for the time being. But before Revan got onto the loading ramp they were found by HK. "Statement: Master it-" HK began.

"HK, this isn't a good time... Something terrible happened to Bastila."

"Query: Did you two suck lips the whole time?" HK asked.

"HK!"

"Statement: As you desire master, signing off."

Revan walked away from the Ebon Hawk "If you want to make yourself useful, just stay away from Bastila for the time being... Her mother died."

"Statement: I now understand why you inturrupted me."

Revan and HK went to go find Carth and the others. "Statement: My most sincere apologies for your lover."

"Forgiven." replied Revan.

Carth had found Revan and HK "Is Bastila okay? What happened?" Carth asked hastily.

"Her mother died, Carth." explained Revan.

"That's horrible." Carth replied "I was told you were attacked on Dantooine, and I would like to come with you."

"You may." Revan accepted.

"Thank you. It would be good to be with my son again."

"He would be happy."

"Statement: Welcome back, Carth."

"Thank you HK."

Jaden then found Revan "I sensed pain within Bastila, is she alright?" asked Jaden.

"Her mother died." answered Revan.

"My apologies for her" told Jaden.

Back on the Ebon Hawk, Revan briefed everyone about who they were dealing with "His name is Gan Ragnos, grandson, and legitamate successor of Marka Ragnos. He claims to be the greatest Sith Lord since Exar Kun. He goes by Darth Malus: The Great, or just Darth Malus." explained Revan.

"Doesn't seem to great to me." replied Atton.

"Atton may be right." added Brianna "You did take his arm Revan."

"Do not underestimate the Sith... Do not forget I once was a Sith." warned Revan "Now we won't be looking for Malus right away. Our mission is to rebuild the Jedi Order. We will be searching for Force adepts across the galaxy."

"I'll stand with you to the end... My love." told Bastila.

"Like we haven't heard that before, Bastila."

"Go easy on her Mira, she's having a tough time."

"Warning: Do as he says or I'll gut you meatbag."

"HK." reminded Revan "Lets go." ordered Revan.

The Ebon Hawk made the jump to lightspeed and away from Coruscant.

(This is a short chapter and I know it)

Revan roamed the Ebon Hawk to find Bastila grieving about her mother's death. "Bastila... Your mother... I'm sorry." Revan apologized.

"Revan... I... Thank you... For being there when I needed you at the hospital... Thanks." thanked Bastila.

"I will always be there for you... I love you." reminded Revan. Bastila shed more tears. Revan kissed her forehead to make her feel less sad. "I don't think the sad days in my life can match to how remorseful I feel for you today." Revan pointed out.

"Revan..." Bastila clutched Revan's hand, "I hear that "I love you" comment all the time." told Bastila.

"Bastila, what are you saying?" asked Revan hastily.

"I still love you, Revan... I want everyone to know it... Everyone in the galaxy to know it." stated Bastila. Revan sighed in relief. "I want you to marry me." Revan was speechless. "But do you want to?"

"*Sigh* I'd love to... This is the happiest moment of my life." told Revan smiling.

"I knew it... I love you so much... Thank you." replied Bastila. Revan stared at Bastila's large open mouth grin then ran his hand down her face. "Oh kiss me you fool." demanded Bastila. Revan did as he was told very gladly. In the cockpit, Jaden put a big smile on his face. "What's going on that's good?" asked Carth obviously noticing Jaden's grin.

"Soon... This will be a happy moment for the whole crew." answered Jaden.

"Why? What's going on?" asked Carth hastily.

"Bastila and Revan will tell us all." replied Jaden.

Minutes later, Revan and Bastila requested attendance in the main room. "Everyone..." Revan addressed "Bastila and I have decided to get married."

"What?" asked Atton.

"Why, that's wonderful" commented Carth.

"A great idea." commented Jaden.

"What's wrong with you, Atton?" asked Mira.

"Nothing, it's a great idea, just a little surprised." replied Atton.

On Dantooine, Vrook sensed Revan and Bastila's happy moment. "A good idea indeed." Vrook said to himself.

Revan and Bastila left to their quarters. "I love that idea." commented Revan "But where shall we get married?"

"On your home of Delreia." answered Bastila.

"So it really is my home?" asked Revan.

"Yes."

"That isn't my home anymore." stated Revan.

"What?"

"My home is wherever I am... With you" declared Revan rubbing Bastila's shoulder.

"My home is with you too." Bastila replied stroking her hand through Revan's hair.

The Ebon Hawk continued to fly through hyperspace to Revan's confirmed homeworld, happiness throughout the crew.

Hmmmm... I've got an idea... eventhough, then I believe Revancool have to kind of switch out the fact, that he maybe wants to play with Revan once again... I've just read what Revancool has written to kotorIII, but I would rather play as Dustil Onasi then... eventhough my master would have been Visas... And another thing... why not just try to take the Expanded Star Wars Universe in a count... I.E. Chapter one: Luke has gone to teach his three cousins Jaden Solo, Anakin Solo, Jaina Solo and I.E Lowbacca... they could have met other ppl in the galaxy then the sith... maybe even harder opponents ....

Revanscool, I didn't really like this Chapter much. Is Vrook alive? Also the shortness of this Chapter was slighty disappointning. Two errors but other than that it was alright. I hope you can improve the next Chapter.

Well at least you were honest and I thank you for that. and yes Vrook is alive.

Archived