Home

Vrook in KOTOR 1 (SPOILERS)

dewayne26

i know there so many hints that your Revan. but one just hit me dead on..i should noted it earlier. but Vrook all but tell you in coucil meeting with you. what if we train this one and the dark lord should return. that almost give it away if you pating attention. that and the visions. which even before i got far into the game i was wondering bout them. i thought to myself why is my character seeing Revan. but i was curious did anybody i see something but it didn't click until the next play thru.

i had a litle suspicion when Vrook said "and the dark lord should return". i was wondering, why is he accusing me of bringing back Revan? then i thought of the possibilty that Revan might me either me or one of my party. but what i thought after that was:

Nah! :D

I think it could be assumed early on that the player character saw Revan because of his force connection with Bastila and since her encounter with Revan was such a powerful and recent memory. Also it could be assumed that the force wanted the player to see Revan because of the possibility of an upcoming duel with him and because its linked with his destiny and has to do with the whole star forge/star map thing.

I thought we were going to have to fight Revan. I took Vrook's words, "and the dark lord should return," as a foreshadowing of an event to come. It so common to talk about a supposedly dead character, and then at the end he is revealed to not only be alive but is also the mastermind of every event the main character has been through. So I am fully expecting a showdown with Revan. Hell, there was a time I thought Bastila was Revan.

I thought we were going to have to fight Revan. I took Vrook's words, "and the dark lord should return," as a foreshadowing of an event to come. It so common to talk about a supposedly dead character, and then at the end he is revealed to not only be alive but is also the mastermind of every event the main character has been through. So I am fully expecting a showdown with Revan. Hell, there was a time I thought Bastila was Revan.

i know thought she was too it be great plot twist find out she a true siith posing as a jedi

^^^

I didn't care much for Vrook myself. After the first couple of dialogs with him I was thinking,"Why doesn't he like the PC?" Then of course shortly after the Leviathan I realized why.

But yeah, for my first KotOR play through I didn't catch on that my PC was Revan until it was actually revealed. It was cool to be surprised like that.

There's a dialogue between vrook and vandar that's even worse, depending on what you say. I forget how it goes, but vandar starts saying something about the ds, and vrook cuts him off. I never liked Vrook. He's way to grumpy to be a Jedi Master. grumpy is an emotion, after all. lol

I never caught on until it was revieled on the Leviathan. When it happened my mouth just dropped, I was like HOLY...WOW, got off my chair and I explained what happened to my dad and he just looks at me really wierd and goes ok... then I realized wow big nerd moment but it was still sweet.

i played kotor after the sith lords, so i was kind of expecting that i would turn out to be revan due to all the fuss that was made about him/her in TSL, otherwise i was thinking all the fuss about a dead dude - for me it was confirmed when carth an bastilian talked about the force doing terrible things to a mind, then bastilia going on about turning an enemey to your side - its a shame i couldnt of played it before TSL - then i would of been like wow! i never saw that coming!

I had no idea that the 'Padawan' was Revan. I guess I sort of was not paying much attention to every detail because I was so excited about getting off Taris the first time I played. Seriously it took me forEVER! And the other times I played I skipped through most of the dialogue.

Feagildin I agree. I dont like Vrook either. He is a sanctimonious schmuck!

heh, i DLed the training arena mod that takes you in the duel ring and where you can choose your training opponent. K1. i always choose the group that Vrook is in, and kill him using only Force powers :D

and i don't think there is anybody who likes him.

heh, i DLed the training arena mod that takes you in the duel ring and where you can choose your training opponent. K1. i always choose the group that Vrook is in, and kill him using only Force powers :D

and i don't think there is anybody who likes him.

I love Vrook, he's the best character in the entire game, Just Kidding :p

Vrook is the annoying, and i agree he is too grumpy to be a jedi master, i think he could have secretly been a sith lord, anyway...

I thought i was revan right after I was told by Malak and Bastila. I guess i should have seen it but I didn't

It came as a shock to me when I found out i was Reven. Guess I wasn't paying attention enough to figure it out for myself! Anyway... Vrook. The most annoying Jedi there is in the game. Reminds me of Mace Windu, always arguing with you about decisions/actions. Still, we need a Jedi like that once in a while, don't you think. I was glad to finally kill him in number 2 however!

Mace is teh kewlness of the Jedi Order, man! what are you thinking? Vrook is an idiot who doesnt like anything you do. i wish the game was a virtual reality game, then i could go and kick his a$$ hard. and he wouldnt do anything to me too :D

Mace is teh kewlness of the Jedi Order, man! what are you thinking? Vrook is an idiot who doesnt like anything you do. i wish the game was a virtual reality game, then i could go and kick his ass hard. and he wouldnt do anything to me too :D

Don't get me wrong, I'm also a big Mace fan. I mean towards Anakin, he didn't seem to like him much, and he was also the one who said Anakin shouldn't be trained. Vrook is the same; he didn't want Revan trained as a Jedi when Bastilla brough him to the Jedi council. Other than that, I think Mace is great!

yeah, i guess that's the only similarity. but Mace did that because he sensed great problems in the future, or something like that. Vrook refused the training because he was just plain scared that Revan would return. what a wimp :xp:

ye but to be fair revan could have destroyed the republic with ease but for some reason revan saw a much larger picture than Malak ever did or the Emparor for that matter all they wanted was to be the most powerful(idiots) ye first time through i was so shocked that i was revna on second time throught i was like omg i'm such an idiot i think the thing about Vrook is that i didnt liston to him he's such a loser i just didnt care what he thought, i loved it when i could kill him in TSL i kept playing it(i use whirlwind then lightning great combo)

IMO Vrook's line doesn't give it all away all by itself. However combined with all the other hints it does give it all away. And there's the whole Revan did this, Revan did that talk. That's way too much dialog concerning a dead character. I mean, suppose you're not Revan, in that case all that dialog is irrelevant and Revan would have pretty much the same relevance as Exar-Kun. We don't see the same amount of dialog spend on Exar, now do we?

Archived