Home

Corvette -> Tech Level 2 (Good Idea?)

popcorn2008

What do you think of the Corvette's move to Tech level 2?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the Corvette's move to Tech level 2?

• Good Idea!
    • I Dont Care
    • Bad Idea!

For those of you who listened to this weeks Petro Podcast, what do you think about the drastic new balancing change of moving the corvette to tech level 2?

Me personally, I like the move. It will change up the begining of the game somewhat, so it isnt such a rush. BUT a critical flaw is, does this mean the tartan moves to level 2 with it? Surely it must, or that creates a HUGE advantage for Empire. I mean surely it does so I dont doubt it much.

Anyways what do you guys think?

Well if you're going to move the corvette to tech level 2, then you have to move the tartan to level 2 also, or it wouldn't be very fair.

By the way, I heard one of your podcasts, and I have to say, your voice is dead sexy. Seriously.

I just listened to that podcats. Interesting. I think I'll go ahead and make that change now to see what its like.

First thought is how is the empire going to work this out in terms of the fact that tie fighters and bombers have no hyperdrive, so they cannot move to attack a planet like the rebs can with y/x-wings.

Hmm, maybe I'll move my 1st level carriers to tech one. This will be interesting to see how they work it out.

I think it's an excellent idea. The corvette-class ships (including the Tartan, of course) is in my opinion still a little too effective against starfighters. This will make the early stages of the game more interesting.

yeah... the Acclamators would be a bit overpowered against just starfighters...

Not necessarily. A couple of Y-wing squadrons will make short work of an Acclamator as long as they have some X-wings to keep the TIEs at bay.

I think it's an excellent idea. The corvette-class ships (including the Tartan, of course) is in my opinion still a little too effective against starfighters. This will make the early stages of the game more interesting.

I think so too. It really killed it for me to get pumelled by those ships whenever I tried to mass starfighters with the Rebels in the early game. A huge starfighter assault is fun to watch when it's not totally getting destroyed by a single type of unit.

Not necessarily. A couple of Y-wing squadrons will make short work of an Acclamator as long as they have some X-wings to keep the TIEs at bay.

The Ties are also sucky fighters. It should not be too hard for a decent combo of X-Wings and Y-Wings to fight a fleet of Acclamators with their full squadrons of starfighters.

just thought of something, if theres no corvettes in level 1, then you can mass praduse bombers to take out the base, im sure the fighters cant take out the bombers fast enough

yea it seems like with this new upgrade we have to use new tactics with our fighters, especially when defending your base. I think this is gonna be fun to play because I actually get to use my Ties for something now! (Even if they still get slaughtered by xwings and ywings)

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon this tech level 2 for corvettes is just bad. It's so unbalanced now, especially towards the Empire that now have to resort to hit and run tactics at the beginning of the game when its the REBELS that are supposed to be doing that

I reckon this tech level 2 for corvettes is just bad. It's so unbalanced now, especially towards the Empire that now have to resort to hit and run tactics at the beginning of the game when its the REBELS that are supposed to be doing that

oh it's not that bad, you may be surprised but I did a 3v3 as imps and we SLAUGHTERED the Rebels easy even though we received most of the negatives of the patch

oh it's not that bad, you may be surprised but I did a 3v3 as imps and we SLAUGHTERED the Rebels easy even though we received most of the negatives of the patch

I agree so far. Last night was great. So many of the old players are back online. Tonight will be even better I think, once more people become aware of the patch.

I've noticed that the patch makes the pirate bases more important, since they give you early access to a corvette class ship.

and the pirate corvettes have not been nerfed like the other corvettes were, but don't tell anyone at Petroglyph or they'll likely nerf them too

On maps with a pirate base available, things can get very interresting and the strategies are VERY different than they were before the patch.

I don't think the patch created a ballance problem, it just makes all the old strategies invalid. I was able to win with either side last night (and was defeated by each side as well, but let's not dwell on that) To be more precise, the problem with v1.5 is a strategy problem, not a ballance problem. But this is not a problem the devs need to solve, rather it is one that tallented and creative strategy players will solve.

Archived