Home

Maybe KOTOR III should NOT happen...

Mosier

First of all, as has been said before, if you don't base KOTOR III's storyline on what has come before then it is not KOTOR III anymore than Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance is Baldur's Gate. It just becomes a giant cow-milking session. Cashing in on a well known series(not that this has never been done with Star Wars before).

Yes, I agree that the storyline of KOTOR III should bring closure to the 'True Sith' story arch, but only if we are allowed to select the genders/alignments of Revan and the Exile...

Second, it may not be impossible to take 16 different character combinations, it is completely implausible to spend the time scripting and programming for what amounts to very little actual content. This is assuming of course that we want a finished game this time. Not to mention that in addition to the time taken to accomplish this, you have in fact made an exchange: shallow variety for depth. Given the option for 16 meaningless possible histories or 1 detailed one that gives more meaning to the choices you make from there, I'll take the one.

For a start, Obsidian would have finished KOTOR II, if LucasArts gave them more time, KOTOR II being unfinished was not a result of the fact that you could choose Revan's gender/alignment. It seems to me that you didn't like KOTOR II and beleived that it lacked depth, well, I have to disagree, I thought KOTOR II was a remarkable game, considering the complications Obsidian had in dealing with Revan and the lack of sufficent time they had to make the game. And what do you mean by meaningless possible histories? KOTOR and KOTOR II are role-playing games, by forcing a fixed Revan and a fixed Exile on the player, you are basically slapping them in the face and telling them "Well sorry, despite all the time and effort you put into building/customizing your characters, it all equates to jack ****, because this is how Revan and the Exile are." You do that and I guarantee that you will lose the appeal/point of both KOTOR games and some of the fans.

Variety should never branch inward, and you are talking about 16 possible beginnings and(likely) 2 endings. I am willing to accept that 2 characters that I am not even playing turned out differently than they were when I was playing them. I am not willing to accept a game that has no depth, glosses over the fact that the events of the last 2 games even occurred and is imcomplete because they tiptoed around too much at the beginning to be able to really get into the fine tuning of all the quests and storylines of the latter part of the game.

No, I'm not talking about sixteen possible beginnings. Look how KOTOR II was structured, it merely built upon the events of KOTOR and began with a fixed beginning, the storyline did not directly follow any story-archs that BioWare laid out. Did KOTOR II have two or four beginnings? Why do you have to blabber on about (in detail) what happened in KOTOR for? What was wrong with the way Obsidian approached KOTOR II? Please explain. You do know that with a bit of creativity, KOTOR III can have a fixed beginning, but still allow the player to select the genders and alignments of Revan and the Exile right?

Considering the plot of KOTOR II, learning about what happened in KOTOR in-depth would just be irrelevant and unnecessary. Like I've said, I'll develop what I like to call the 'solution' KOTOR III plot one day and you can decide for yourself if it is possible in terms of size, time and costing to do. I seriously cannot understand what you are talking about when you say "depth over variety". Please explain what KOTOR II needed to address in KOTOR that they didn't, that was so important. Expand on where you thought they went wrong so I can see things from your point of view, because at this stage, (apart from the cut-content, bugs/glitches) I'm convinced that if KOTOR II was a finished product, it would have been fine. People can argue all they want, but KOTOR II was not about Revan's choices (during the events of KOTOR that is), it was about the Exile and his/her personal journey, hence, we didn't really need to explore the meaning of Revan's choices, besides, that is for the player to decide, not something that should be forced upon you because of a fixed gender/alignment, or told to you by some other jackass.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are contradicting yourself. If what Revan and the Exile did are unimportant(in the context of a new game), then why should they put in all the effort to take 16 different character possibilities into account?

And I did not say that KOTOR II was bad(though it was unfinished, and though I have no source to back me up, I doubt that Lucas Arts' deadline was something that caught Obsidian by surprise). But KOTOR III should not be done the same way as KOTOR II. The entire reason that there is a need for a third game is because the second one wrapped up nothing. Indeed, it blew the plot wider open, leaving more questions than answers. This is not a bad thing, because it paved the way for a third(if we ever get one), but a third game that doesn't resolve the story would be a pointless thing. And in order to do that we need details about not only what is going on in the unknown regions, but why it is happening. With 4 different alignment combinations(disregarding the gender thing as superfluous in regard to plot developments), it would be more than difficult to properly represent the two previous characters' actions.

My point is that where in KOTOR II, Revan's current actions are unknown and therefore unimportant to the plot, in a game that ties up the series, Revan's(and by association, the Exile's) actions would need to be central to the plot. Having varying Revans and Exiles would be like playing KOTOR I with different possible alignments and genders for both Malak and Bastilla(in the sense that Bastilla and Malak are both central characters in that game).

In all honesty I believe the biggest reason that canon Revan was LS is that if he was DS then he out and out failed and everything you did in KOTOR I was irrelevant. If you want to gripe about games making your choice pointless then KOTOR II hould be a slap in your face. A DS Revan defeated Malak AND the bulk of the Republic Fleet, with countless ships and troops(if you include the droids) at his command. Oh, but it doesn't matter because somehow in the span of 4 or 5 years ALL of those resources disappeared, the Sith forces disappeared(forget the dark jedi... the likelyhood of an entire military force killing eachother to a man is pretty freakin low), and everything Revan accomplished became undone. The LS ending is the only one that makes anything close to sense in light of KOTOR II.

Regardless of what Revan & or the Exile did in the past, it shouldn't be the central focus of the story. Their actions only help with making the plot of a potential K3. More or less they simply set up the 'True Sith' story arch. You see, what is important is not that Revan recaptured his/her title of the Dark Lord, only to have Revan leave and the Sith fall back into a civil war. What is important is that Revan did go into the Unknown Regions to 'combat' the True Sith Empire. You don't even have to mention what exactly happened to Revan's Sith forces, because that's not exactly important at this point.

The Exile might be a slightly different story, as the companions he/she travels with may end up Sith or Jedi depending on alignment. Which more than likely would hold a significant impact in a potential sequel. However it's my opinion that none of the companions in K2 have traits of a Jedi or Sith master (I can't picture Atton giving a lecture on Jedi history). I wouldn't be suprised if Kreia/Darth Traya were 'lying' about their fates as being the 'Lost Jedi' (I would say that because Kreia *is indeed a manipulative witch).

Well the point being that Revan and the Exile's actions throughout the stories of K1 and K2 be all that important. Small things like the mercenaries taking over Dantoonie and things of that nature should be given an explanation that ties into one plot, not two or four seperate possibilities, even that explanation seems unlikely.

I guess that's just something we disagree on then. KOTOR II was all about Revan, just not directly. The Exile was one of Revan's generals. Kreia was his teacher. The Exile(presumably) goes off in search of Revan at the end. In order for the story to continue, or rather in order to bring the story to a close, The story of Revan must come to a close. It doesn't have to be from his perspective, but he will need to be involved in more than a passing manner. The exile, on the other hand, can be a bit more nebulous in terms of involvement. The exile is only part of the big picture, while Revan is central to it.

The only way I can see dealing with Revan without delving into his DS/LS alignment is to do something cheap like kill him off before the game. Gender is easier to deal with, because all you really need to do is give him his old armor and mask back and gender becomes irrelevant. But to ignore whether he is light or dark would mean that you could only deal with a major character of the plot(As major as Malak in K1 or Sion in K2) in only the vaguest of details.

Now, here's another thing to think about. Time has passed since the events of K1. Not only that, but you don't know what has happened to Revan during the events of K2. They can make Revan specifically light or dark and it won't matter what you did in the games anyway. All we know for certain is that Revan left known space in search of what he believed to be the true threat. It would be easy to explain that Revan is a LS jedi now and he could have been redeemed during K1 through your gameplay or that could be the reason he left and things fell apart before K2.

Even easier is the Exile. Just make her the same alignment as Revan. If Revan is LS(as per canon) then Revan accepted the help of a LS Exile or turned a DS Exile away from the DS. If they make Revan DS then he can take a DS exile as an apprentice or corrupt a LS Exile. In this manner they can set a specific alignment without having to program a nightmarish knot of different possible Revans and exiles. And best of all, as long as they don't force feed the past two game down your throat you can say that the two are the way they are for whatever reason you wish. Hell, it would probably be the subject of a great many fanfics...

First of all, as has been said before, if you don't base KOTOR III's storyline on what has come before then it is not KOTOR III anymore than Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance is Baldur's Gate.
But basing it on what came before it should be through the world that Revan and the Exile, not the current events of those characters themselves. They both affected the galaxy greatly, that is what should be apparent in the next game.

Yes, I agree that the storyline of KOTOR III should bring closure to the 'True Sith' story arch
What "arch"?

Regardless of what Revan & or the Exile did in the past, it shouldn't be the central focus of the story.
Agreed. It should be the backdrop against which the new story takes place.

KOTOR II was all about Revan, just not directly.
How was K2 all about Revan? You could skip just about everything dealing directly with Revan. Again, it is the effects that his actions had on the galaxy that are important.

Please explain what KOTOR II needed to address in KOTOR that they didn't, that was so important.

Having Revan leave known space no matter what you did at the end of KOTOR 1 was lame. It made the distinct choice you made in K1 not matter.

And that is what will end up happening in K3 as well if you give all this choice over what your characters were and did in the first two games. You have to understand that what you did in the previous games WOULD change stuff in the future. But since we cant expect them to make effectively multiple very different scenarios based on what you said Revan and the Exile did, they have to somehow make the events of the previous games irrelevant. This way you can pick what happened, and they can make a single game, not multiple scenarios. In K2 they were able to use a cop out to make that happen by saying Revan left no matter what. But K3 isnt the middle installment. They have to answer all the questions of the series. You cant just have a cop out that evades crucial parts of the story. Thats what K2 did, but in doing so they raised A LOT of questions. K3 is supposed to answer all the questions, not raise new ones. Therefore a similar strategy to get around this is impossible.

I dont understand people's aversion to making a canon thing for what happened in the previous games. It is the only way for the storyline of K3 to really fit in perfectly with events from the previous game. If you dont canonize it, you end up with a story that inherently has to be half-isolated from what happened in the other games, while still attempting to answer the questions raised in those games. That wont work.

I think that KOTOR III should end this storyline. Even if it has multiple endings, it should be that last game with direct relation to Revan. They should definately have more KOTOR's but maybe have it 2000 years before the movies, or 5000, or any other time. With such massive amounts of room, they can make, I say, another 500 or so KOTOR games.

Having Revan leave known space no matter what you did at the end of KOTOR 1 was lame. It made the distinct choice you made in K1 not matter.

No, it didn't undo your choice. But in order to make a plot that would be consistent for either extreme, KotOR2 had to have a plot with an enemy that would be an equal threat to both DS Revan and LS Revan. That's precisely what the true Sith are, because LS Revan needs to save the Republic from the threat they present, while DS Revan needs to eliminate them as a threat to his own empire. Plotwise it works quite well. Sure, I know that it was introduced to create a common enemy for either Revan, but if there was to be one consistent plot, there really was no other choice, and what I particularly like about it is that Revan's choices are still for the player to decide, deeping the mystery around the character. Is Kreia right that Revan wore the title of dark lord only as a mask and sacrificed himself to the DS to prevent a greater evil? That's for the player to decide...

And that is what will end up happening in K3 as well if you give all this choice over what your characters were and did in the first two games. You have to understand that what you did in the previous games WOULD change stuff in the future.

Not so much the events as the characters themselves, I think, since we already know that both Revan and Exile - whether LS or DS - went to fight the true Sith. KotOR2's plot ends up placing any version of Revan and Exile in the same position and fighting the same war. Personally I think both Revan and Exile will be DS if we see them in KotOR3, because they had to do so to fight the true Sith in their own empire and on their terms. Does this undo the choices of the previous games? Not necessarily. For example, LS Revan and Exile could be redeemable, while DS Revan and Exile would be villains who had to be killed as bosses during the plot. There you - the LS/DS choice of either game suddenly matters again, though only towards the end of KotOR3.

In K2 they were able to use a cop out to make that happen by saying Revan left no matter what.

Why is that a cop-out? I actually find the use of the descendants of the Sith Empire rather clever and appropriate. It's a forgotten enemy used rather skillfully plotwise, and they are foreshadowed throughout KotOR2.

I dont understand people's aversion to making a canon thing for what happened in the previous games. It is the only way for the storyline of K3 to really fit in perfectly with events from the previous game.

No, it's not, because my Revan could be DSF and my Exile DSM, contrasting the canon choice completely. Gender and alignment were selectable in both games, and one of the strengths of KotOR2 was that it respected your choices for Revan in KotOR1, even though Revan had already been declared canonically LSM at the time. I don't see how you can see KotOR2's plot as a "cop-out" in that event, while at the same time claiming the games should respect the canon genders and alignments. KotOR2's plot works perfectly for a LSM Revan. The "cop-out" bit you refer to has merit only for a DS Revan (and then only if you ignore the references to DS Revan made in the game - KotOR1 doesn't actually end with Revan conquering the Republic, just with a Revan building a massive fleet - while we may speculate that it was made to conquer the Republic, we learn in KotOR2 that invasion of the Republic is not what Revan built it for, at least not initially, and we also learn that Revan was reluctant to use the StarForge, since it would control him. Lots of DS Revan fans don't like that (presumably because it interferes with their "OMG - My Revan ROXXORs!!!"-perception), but that doesn't make it any less true. And it is true, because KotOR2 tells us so. Whether people like it or not is immaterial). The plot is consistent. People might not like it or find it poor plot or whatever, but that doesn't make it inconsistent.

If you dont canonize it, you end up with a story that inherently has to be half-isolated from what happened in the other games, while still attempting to answer the questions raised in those games. That wont work.

But on the other hand, if you blantantly dicatate these choices in KotOR3, then you're bulldozering all over the choices many players made in previous games, and that will alienate a large part of the fanbase, which will hurt sales. I know many KotOR-fans, who will never play KotOR3 if Revan cannot be female or DS. For my own part, I will be very disappointed, if I cannot establish the Exile as male. The optional genders and alignments is one of the strengths of KotOR, and LA would be crazy ignore it. Doing so would hurt sales, and there is no reason to ignore it anyway.

First of all 'Scars Unseen' I never said that what Revan and the Exile did in the context of the game was unimportant, I just said that KotOR II did not have to go on about what Revan did in KotOR and what happened in KotOR (which they didn't). IMO, you learn enough about the history of KotOR in the game; allowing the player to select the genders/alignments of Revan in KotOR II did not weaken KotOR II in any way.

I agree that the writers of KotOR III (assuming there is one) are in for a mammoth task in writing the plot for the game, while still allowing the genders/alignments of Revan and the Exile (in the past that is, not the present) to be variable.

The plot works both ways for LS and DS Revan, you learn in KotOR II about how the Sith remnants of KotOR had a big civil war against each other on Korriban (regardless of Revan's alignment) and how with no powerful figure left amongst them, the Sith were consumed and destroyed by the power of the abandoned Star Forge (DS Revan) or the academy on Korriban was bombed by Republic forces (although I'm pretty sure this is for both LS and DS Revan). Either way, Revan has gone off alone to deal with these mysterious 'True Sith' in his/her own way in the unknown regions.

Oh and Prime, I used the wrong choice of wording before, the point is, I meant to clarify that the plot of KotOR III should focus on the 'True Sith' and bring closure to a storyline that IMO has another chapter to tell.

While I don't agree that allowing the player to select the genders/alignments of Revan and the Exile will weaken KotOR III in any way (in terms of size, time and cost for that matter too) I do agree that Revan and the Exile's actions in the unknown regions will be important in the context of the game of KotOR III, (and if they are to appear in some way, somehow) writing four different Revan's and four different Exile's while still allowing the player to select appearence, class, lightsaber type and lightsaber colour (this is assuming they would make some sort of appearence towards the end and perhaps temporarily become playable) would be very difficult if not impossible to do, so this brings me to an idea on how to bring Revan and the Exile back in KotOR III, without making it almost impossible for game developers to do...

This is how I'd bring back Revan back in KotOR III...

Put it this way, when Revan's full memories returned, he/she journeyed into the unknown regions do deal with the 'True Sith' in his/her own way. Now think about it, Revan departed known space a year after the Jedi Civil War (the events of KotOR) and regardless of whether your Revan was LS or DS, the Republic/Jedi (LS Revan) and the Sith (DS Revan) were in no position to challenge the 'True Sith'. They were all in a clearly weak state, vulnerable to attack. Anyone who's played KotOR II should know this, that a year after the Jedi Civil War that the Republic, the Jedi Order and the Sith from Malak's armada were in a weak position.

So one must ask themselves a series of questions. Number one, if this 'True Sith' threat were so terrible, then why didn't they attack the Republic/Jedi/Sith after the Jedi Civil War when they were all in a weak, vulnerable state? Also, why did Revan go into the unknown regions alone, without any help? And how could Revan alone possibly stop the 'True Sith'? Also, if Revan is not dead, then one must ask themselves what has he/she been doing in the unknown regions all of this time?

These questions can be answered, and the answers fit in like a perfect jigsaw puzzle IMO. Now my theory is that I think Revan is staging a 'civil war' inside the Empire of the 'True Sith' regardless of whether he/she is LS or DS. If Revan was LS, then he/she has had to embrace the power of the dark-side (a sacrifice, which corresponds perfectly about Kreia saying that she beleived Revan knew the difference between a sacrifice and a fall) in order to stop the 'True Sith'.

If your Revan was DS in KotOR, then this is merely just an extension for his/her quest for power. Once a DS Revan remembered the threat of the 'True Sith', he/she saw them as a much greater threat to his/her own dark Empire than a crippled Republic and Jedi Order, so he/she went to conquer the greatest enemy. Once he/she becomes the Dark Lord of the 'True Sith', he/she will conquer the Republic without breaking a sweat. DS Revan left his/her companions behind, because Malak's betrayal taught him/her that he/she cannot trust anyone, not even Bastila, not when there is so much at stake. Add that to the fact that bringing anyone along could potentially ruin Revan's plan.

If your Revan was LS in KotOR, he/she remembered the threat of the 'True Sith', and that he/she had originally embraced the power of the dark-side to stop their impending invasion. LS Revan meant to do a little evil to prevent a greater one, a sacrifice, becoming evil for good intentions, however, as the war progressed, Revan became seduced by the dark-side and attempted to conquer the Republic that he/she had sworn protect instead of sticking to the original plan of leaving the Republic's infastructure intact and focusing only on crushing/converting the members of the Jedi Order.

So once LS Revan remembered this threat, a year after the events of KotOR, considering the state the galaxy was in (Republic, Jedi, Sith) the only way he/she saw to end the threat of the 'True Sith', was to go to the 'True Sith' Empire, sacrifice himself/herself to the dark-side again, and then attempt to subvert the regime of the Dark Lord of the 'True Sith' from within by starting a 'civil war'. And LS Revan left his/her friends/companions behind, because he/she did not want to unnecessarily endanger them either through the 'True Sith' or his/her own dark self as Darth Revan.

Either way, this explains where Revan is, and what he/she has been doing all this time. And guess what? This way, Revan could definately appear in KotOR III (if there is one) again, as a DS Sith Lord with his/her mask on. If you set Revan as LS, then he/she is redeemable, if you choose to try and save Revan that is, but if you set Revan as DS, then he/she is not redeemable and must be stopped. Make your choices mean something.

This 'civil war' idea explains why Revan has been gone for so long and what he/she has been doing, it also explains why Revan locked his/her navicomputer and was so secretive about where he/she was going (not only because a LS Revan didn't want to endanger his/her allies, but also because a LS Revan wouldn't want anybody to find him/her (hence locking the navicomputer) and potentially ruin his/her master plan and if Revan is DS, then he/she doesn't want anybody going with him/her because he/she doesn't trust anyone and also, if Revan's plan backfires, then at least the Republic/Jedi or the Sith (depending on Revan's alignment should be given enough time with Revan's plan to rebuild themselves and prepare for any possible invasion).

This is why I think Revan told Mandalore to regather, reunite and rebuild the Mandalorian Clans, because not only could Revan trust Canderous, he is a loyal beast afterall, but also because if Revan's plan backfires, the Mandalorians are there to fight the 'True Sith' if necessary, and it's not like they'd turn away from battle.

And also, this 'civil war' idea explains why the 'True Sith' did not attack the Republic/Jedi/Sith after the Jedi Civil War when they were clearly in a weak, vulnerable state, because Revan's 'civil war' plan must be working and he/she is scrweing up the plans of the 'True Sith'.

The 'civil war' idea also gives us a chance to show Revan's supposed 'genius', it also fits in well with the whole Sith teaching that they must continually test their strength against each other, and it also makes things easier for the devs of KotOR III (if there is one) to bring Revan back, since you don't have to worry about Revan's appearence (the mask) and you don't have to worry about writing eight different Revan's, which makes things a hell of a lot easier and workable for the devs.

Besides, I'm sure Revan knew that if he/she did not try the 'civil war' plan, then the Republic/Jedi/Sith were screwed anyway, as the 'True Sith', who are supposed to be all mighty and powerful, would have crushed anyone who stood in their way in their inevitable attack on the galaxy.

It's pretty simple with the Exile. Lets assume that the Exile will be dragged into this 'civil war' and will find Revan. Now, I've always got the impression that the Exile always admired Revan and perhaps even loved him/her (if their genders are the opposite that is). So even if the alignments of Revan and the Exile are the opposite, I don't think they'd fight, because regardless of any differences they may have, they must work together to stop this greater threat and IMO, I always got the impression that the Exile will follow Revan into battle once more, not fight him/her.

So if the Exile is LS, due to his/her friendship/love of Revan, the Exile is turned to the dark-side by Revan (without them having to fight). There are many plausible and beleivable ways for this to be done, I'm sure the devs could think of something, so as long as it's explained clearly, it's fine. If the Exile is DS, then he/she doesn't need to be turned and will just join Revan anyway. The Exile could wear the robe and mask of Darth Nihilus (and there you have it, you don't have to worry about the Exile's appearence, etc).

Also, it's quite possible that Darth Nihilus is the dark-self of the Exile that he/she rejected at Malachor V (Nihilus was spawned from Malachor V afterall) so perhaps Revan helped the Exile seal the wound in the force and become complete again and hence becoming Darth Nihilus the Exile, the apprentice of Darth Revan.

What are your thoughts people?

Actually, now that I think about it, a Revan with fully restored memories is far more likely to embrace the gray philosophy than anything else, if you take everything into consideration. He has little faith in the Jedi Teachings, yet if you have a DS Revan in K1, you find that he abandons the Sith as well, so he apparently doesn't trust their ways to be able to get the job done.

It seems to me that he went Dark Side to use the resources he had at the end of the Madolorian War to unite the galaxy against the threat of the 'True Sith' or whatever, and that the actions of Malak disrupted his plans. If he recovered his full memories he would likely come to the realization that a galaxy under the rule of the Sith would never be stable enough for him to direct at a larger threat, as he would continuously be contested as he was by his old apprentice.

So now he has seen that the jedi are too passive and the sith are too unreliable, so what then? It is possible that as Architect says, he will try to divide the 'true sith' from within, but I don't think that would work. The problem with the sith isn't that they can't remain strong, but rather that they are unreliable as a precise weapon. That ureliability would make approach of any sort to be taken only with the greatest of caution. Afterall, it only took one ship to spark the Great Hyperspace War.

It could be that he is searching for more relics such as the Starforge. Or maybe he is searching for force sensitives that haven't been tainted by the philosphies of either the jedi or the sith. I would imagine that Revans current actions would be one of the big questions of the game.

It is likely that the Exile would have found Revan by the time the game starts, and it is just as likely that she is working along side Revan, as she did serve him once before. And amusingly enough, Revan may be using the Exile in much the same way that Kreia did, since the Exile might actually represent something that Revan disdains greatly: The Jedi Order. Then again, that might be too much side drama for characters you aren't even playing. It is more likely that they are working together for the same purpose.

OK, I kinda got sidetracted there... Point is, there is no need to go into what Revan was, as his abandonment of either the Republic or the Sith may be an indication that he is not the same. I suppose that in that much, The Architect and I agree.

Listen to Prime. He knows what he's saying. I think there is a way to make and interesting game set far enough away to not contradict the past, yet also providing a nod to some of the hanging plot threads. People just seem to want to pick up where KOTOR2 left off. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

I listen to him, as I listen to everyone that posts. That does not necesarily mean I agree with him, nor do I expect anyone to agree with me. This is, afterall, a thread full of speculation based largely on opinion.

I think that Revan at least should play a large role in the plot. I do no think that he should be part of your party. At this point in the story, he should be a force to be joined or fought against, as your character decides. Perhaps you could be playing a force sensitive that was a child on one of the planets that Revan's Sith forces took over. Then you have to decide whether to stay with your jedi teachings and work for the greater good, or fall to your hatred of Revan and take revenge.

Why not have Kotor III decades after Kotor II. This would solve many problems.

Basically it would give the opportunity to have a fresh and exciting plot, not limited by "Revan LSDSFM - Exile DSLSFM".

Many people would disagree, but IMO Revan's and the Exile's story is over. It was wrong in the first place, to actually let Revan's story continue after Kotor I.

The most important aspect of the Kotor games is the plot. And to me it seems like there is simply no good plot, which enables us to have the Exile (with all possible options: DS, LS, F, M) and Revan (same here) AND a new interesting PC.

Rather than having a story which tries to answer all the unanswered questions, I'd like to have Revan and the Exile remain mysterious. What happened to them can be left to your imagination.

If Kotor III comes up with a whole new story, new characters, and a new PC, all as good as the original Kotor, I'm sure noone would be upset.

Why not have Kotor III decades after Kotor II. This would solve many problems.

I agree (as I said above) It wouldn't even have to be that far in the future, just far on enough to allow for new things to have actually happened since TSL.

• 2 weeks later...

The Star Wars comic books have settled on Revan being male & redeemed, and the Exile being female & LS. If things become too burdensome then they can just settle on the accepted canon.

In any case, Revan's gender and alignment had little effect on TSL's storyline. It may not be so big a problem.

The Star Wars comic books have settled on Revan being male & redeemed, and the Exile being female & LS. If things become too burdensome then they can just settle on the accepted canon.

The comic books had nothing to do with it. LA simply decided to embrace official genders and alignments for both Revan and Exile, just as they did for Jaden Korr (from Jedi Academy) several years ago.

Revan appears as a vision in one comic book (on one page...), where he is standing over Malak's body wearing his mask, so that neither gender nor alignment can be determined. The current KotOR comic books have yet to involve Revan or Exile in any way.

• 1 month later...

I think

k3 should be a prequal! where you play as a young jedi who either goes to the mandlorian wars or stays with the jedi, but insted of fighting, you have to go to planets and "scout" for either Revan or the jedi concil, then the game ends as you as either the jedi who gets chocked by revan on the bridge or the dark jedi who gets slain by bastila! ;)

Easy. All you have to do is, when you are being trained as a Jedi, have a simple 'Jedi History Test' where you define things like Revan's LS/DS and gender, plus that of the exile, much like was done in K2 with Atton.

There's a great idea. That or simply get the game to read previous save files.

Archived