Home

Movie?

Nick Virago

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim burton recently brought out a movie called Corpse Bride which had skeletons as main characters and is also the director of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" which also featured skeletons. But other than that I haven't heard anything about it

IMDB knows nothing of it and googling doesn't provide any useful info either. It's probably just speculation since people have been talking about Grim and Tim together for years.

By the way, you've got a great username and avatar. I take it we have a third Nick fanatic on board?

If he did do Grim Fandango, he probably would heavily adapt it so we couldn't even recognize it as Grim Fandango.

Hey, Nick Virago fanatic number three! I see you've met Nick Virago fanatic number one. So allow me to introduce you to Nick Virago fanatic number two:me.

Oh, silly me. I didn't even notice the Movie Center article. That makes it seem a lot more credible, but it's still not certain.

I don't know Burton very well, but I heard he has the habit of changing the source material to fit his vision. If he were to make this movie, what changes do you think he may make?

Also, I wonder if he's planning to make it stop-motion, computer animated or what. Maybe live action? :D

EDIT: If the movie is going to be made (notice how sceptic I still am), I hope Burton plays the game and not just reads the script. I heard he made Batman without having read any of the comics.

Imagine what a movie would do to our community. Numerous people would go see the film because it was made by Burton, there'd be thousands of new fans, LucasArts would probably re-release the game in some sort of special edition style, they might even start considering a sequel if it was a success.

And then we could start being elitist "You aren't a true fan if you've only seen the movie!" bitches to everyone who stumbles upon these forums. :rolleyes:

Definitely. Maybe I'm being an idiot, but I can't get rid of the mental image of Burton getting rid of the film noir and replacing it with gothic horror. Am I stereotyping him too much? Schafer could keep him under control. ;)

Maybe, but he'll probably stick to the source material for the character design, but will twist and exaggerate the backgrounds, still, I hope it comes out.

If a movie is going to be made I hope it is either A: a perfect screen adaptation of Grim Fandango with all the bits we love or B: something loosely based on the GF concept that is different enough to be considered separate from the game universe. I would hate to have something which tries to be A but ends up being B. Sort of like how Curse of Monkey Island tried to continue the Monkey Island series but is not considered to be a 'real' part of the series.

Archived