Home

Movie?

Nick Virago

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh come on, i think this is just another rumor if burton does this movie i bet it will suck!!! think about it most comics that go movies usually are severly changed (spiderman 1 the green goblin wasnt suppose to die he just had this huge accident or sumthin and got minor amnesia) plus if they are going to do it, it better be computer animated becuz if they did live action it wud be a big upset! well if its computer animated they shud get the original vocal cast (Tony planna and such) but u never know

Actually, I wouldn't mind if it was live action. But I think plastacine would be the best way to go. And Burtons movies definately do not suck! You seen sleepy hollow, edward scissor hands and batman? All excellent movies! And thats the thing about taking games and comic books and making them into a movie. You have to ADAPT them.

Look at the first Harry Potter movie. That was practically identical to the book down to the last detail. The result? It was an alright film, nothing special. The fourth movie, however, was changed ALOT from the book. And the result? A damn good film!

And those comic book films (apart from the incredible Hulk which does suck). Yes, they have all been heavily adapted from the original material but the results were brilliant! And tonnes of new fans! And a new lease of life for the comic *coughs* or Grim Fandango *cough*

Oh come on, i think this is just another rumor if burton does this movie i bet it will suck!!! think about it most comics that go movies usually are severly changed (spiderman 1 the green goblin wasnt suppose to die he just had this huge accident or sumthin and got minor amnesia) plus if they are going to do it, it better be computer animated becuz if they did live action it wud be a big upset! well if its computer animated they shud get the original vocal cast (Tony planna and such) but u never know

Actually Burton sticks pretty heavily to the source material. Just look at the Batman movies, the only times they ever ****ed it up was the nipple suit and that Harvey Dent was played by a black man in one of the movies and a white man in Batman Forever. But other than that they stick to the story/continuity pretty well.

I just realised something! You may remember, back in February at the Department of Death we recieved an email about a Grim Fandango 2 project. Here is the first part again if you've not seen it before:

A good friend and computer animation colleague of mine who recently began working for the LucasArts studio in Singapore informs me that they're involved in a Grim Fandango sequel project, albeit in the development phase. Tim Schafer is apparently developing a story, and a team is putting together the project for a 'pitch' of sorts to LucasArts management. The only downside is apparently this pitch will be up against another project and only one will be put into production. Let's cross our fingers for GF2!!

This inside info is of course unofficial and best kept anonymous, but my own personal enthusiasm for the game encouraged me to share my excitement for a sequel with your GF community!

When it happened everyone was pretty skeptical about it so I asked Jake about it and he told me this:

Jake says:

i have no clue if its true

Jake says:

i really doubt it

Jake says:

unless its an animation project not a games project

Jake says:

lucasfilm has attempted animated films before, like the monkey island movie that was in production at ILM before they shut down their feature film animation department in the late 90s

Jake says:

the concept art for it has slowly been leaking out of that one artists site

Jake says:

i know there was also some preproduction done on an animated sam and max film but it got canned at the same time as the MI movie

Jake says:

neither of those got past concept art

...Could this mean that the team I was informed about were infact working on a Grim Fandango pitch to send to Tim Burton? :o

well then again the movie center did have a few typo's so maybe they just took what he said out of contex If there will be a movie it wud probably be realeased in 2008 or somthin but dont count on it. Its probably just a publicity stunt or just a rumor maybe lucas arts wanted to raise sales or sumthin. but if the movie was a success they would re-launch GF or make a sequel but it would be based on the movie and be different from the actual game. They might even make it a platform game which wud destroy the franchise. There will never be another GF just like there probably will never be another MI.

1 GF

4 MI

1 FT

1 S&M

Actually Burton sticks pretty heavily to the source material. Just look at the Batman movies, the only times they ever ****ed it up was the nipple suit and that Harvey Dent was played by a black man in one of the movies and a white man in Batman Forever. But other than that they stick to the story/continuity pretty well.

He also made The Joker to be the one who killed the Waynes while it was Joe Chill in the comics. Some people I've talked with can't stop bitching about that. :rolleyes: Also, don't we have Joel Schumacher to blame for the mistakes you mentioned?

There have to be some changes about the story and characters if it's going to work as a movie. For example, they can't possibly add stuff about all four years without making it too long, or only scratching the surface. I haven't thought about it a lot, but I don't think it would be such a bad idea to skip most of Year 3, maybe even replace it with a scene in Puerto Zapato (so that Manny can find Meche).

Just to throw this out there, Tim of the Schafer variety knew nothing about this when asked on July 12th.

I'm really not sure why anybody's buying into it at all considering the story originated from some free blog that was created a month ago with four posts on it. I could create a Wordpress.com blog right now and throw up a similar rumour and it'd hold as much weight as this one. :/

While a Grim Fandango film would be truly awesome, I think it's important that we keep ourselves composed and don't get too excited about what will almost certainly turn out to just be another guy attempting to drive traffic to his blog by putting out a rumour that everyone'd love to be true.

Tim Schafer didnt know wtf! Its not happenin its just another rumor. LA is way too busy with their Starwars games(even though they rock) Nowdays thats all LA is focused on besides they'd have to sell the rights to burton or sumthin.

Archived