Home

Favorite Type of Music?

PR-0927

What is your favorite genre of music (of the listed)?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite genre of music (of the listed)?

• Rap/Hip-Hop
    • Pop
    • Rock
    • Alternative Rock
    • Grunge Rock
    • Heavy Metal
    • Death Metal/Goth Metal
    • Classical/Jazz
    • Instrumental
    • All of 'em...

Heh, oops, LOL.

Anyways, I like Rock, mostly Alternative Rock and very little Heavy Metal (System of a Down is the only one...and Rage Against the Machine). I like Nirvana (Grunge Rock) as well.

Red Hot Chili Peppers and Incubus are Alternative Rock IMO. My favorite band of all time is Incubus.

YAY Incubus.

I HATE Country, Pop, Death Metal, and Goth Metal. Rap I dislike, but I can stand it.

I also like Jimi Hendrix and The Beatles.

I used to love Linkin Park and Green Day, but I'm quite sick of them now.

- Majin Revan

Incidentally, where's country? ;)

We lynch those kind of folk around here.

I put rock. While I do like jazz, blues, and classical music, most of what I listen to like The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Radiohead, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, and David Bowie tend to have rock in common, even if they branch out into funk or alternative.

Prog. As in: Prog Rock.

Not one of your choices,.. but I guess since good prog encompasses a little bit of every style, I'll have to pick "All of 'em."

Fusion jazz too. And anything instrumental and tricky.

Specific bands: Yes, Tull, Rush, ELP, King Crimson, Kansas, Gentle Giant, Mahavishnu Orchestra, The Dixie Dregs, The Electromagnets...

But I really do like just about everything...

Prog. As in: Prog Rock.

Specific bands: Yes, Tull, Rush, ELP, King Crimson, Kansas, Gentle Giant, Mahavishnu Orchestra, The Dixie Dregs, The Electromagnets...

You. Are. Amazing.

Keith Emerson FTW!!!

Yes, Jethro Tull, ELP, King Crimson, Kansas, Mahavishnu Orchestra, there all in my favorite bands.

I put all of 'em. Because that's what I do listen to.

Queen, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Michael Buble, Brian Setzer Orcrastra, Frank Sinatra, The unnamed Whispering Rock band, Blue Oyster Cult, Jefferson Airplane, Christiana Agulara, the list really goes on a while longer.

Lets see here...I HATE Rap/Hip-Hop more than just about anything in the world.

I hate Pop, because that basically equals Rap/Hip-Hop.

I like some Rock, but not much.

Alternative Rock I pretty much hate. Someone mentioned the lack of an emo choice. I refer you to Alternative Rock.

Grunge Rock=No.

I like metal in all of it's forms except maybe power metal, but some of that stuff is alright.

I really like Death Metal. Lots. Especially in the grindcore sub category. I don't know exactly what "Goth Metal" is, but I think I'll pass.

I like Classical, but dislike most Jazz. Especially stuff like Ornette Coleman. I really hate that stuff.

I enjoy some Instrumental stuff.

If it has purpose, I tend to like it. If it's just **** that exists simply to make money, chances are I'll want to beat the **** out of anyone that listens to it.

Very well put. That is exactly why I hate almost all pop music.

I listen to Trance, Hard Trance, Hard House and Happy Hardcore (note that this isn't pop as the good stuff almost never gets in the charts, The last one I can think of was "PPK - ResuRection"). I hate almost anything on the MoS label, purely because what used to be a good label is now just trying to sell to the Chav market in this country.

I also hate Rap, RnB, Hip Hop and all that sort of thing (again Chav music).

Archived