Home

Favorite Type of Music?

PR-0927

What is your favorite genre of music (of the listed)?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite genre of music (of the listed)?

• Rap/Hip-Hop
    • Pop
    • Rock
    • Alternative Rock
    • Grunge Rock
    • Heavy Metal
    • Death Metal/Goth Metal
    • Classical/Jazz
    • Instrumental
    • All of 'em...

Alright, I've given up on trying to make a list of all my favorite bands/artists.

First off, right now, my friend gave me his Dragonforce cd, Inhuman Rampage, and I've been listening to that alot lately. I also listen to alot of Billy Talent, local Power-Pop band The UTMoST, Bowling for Soup, Jurassic 5, Avenged Sevenfold, Halo 1 and 2 soundtracks, Jet Set Radio and Jet Set Radio Future soundtracks, random casette that we recorded in Jazz Band Class oh so long ago, System of a Down, and I listen to Flogging Molly at least once a week.

So right there, you've got Metal, Rock, Punk, Powerpop, Instrumental, Jazz, J-Pop, Hip-Hop, and Celtic Rock. The only thing I don't have I think is country.

Define 'goth metal'.

What I listen to depends on my mood.

The (sub)genres I find myself dedicating the most time to are black metal, suicidal black metal, doom metal, folk metal, viking metal, and pagan metal. I also find time for some death, power, and thrash. And some softer stuff like Bowie, Misfits, The Sisters Of Mercy, and Nick Cave.

:confused:

That's a new one. I don't see how hippies could play killer riffs.

Jimi Hendrix? :p

Pagan metal is usually combined with folk metal, but with less focus on happy melodies and heavier guitar sounds. Sounds more epic. It's also often combined with neo-nazism, because of strong nationalistic lyrics.

I forgot to mention that I also like some classical and ambient stuff.

Jimi Hendrix? :p

He was black. Blacks can do that. Do they have any african pagan folk metalers(metalists?) over in Norway? :xp: Yeah, I got nuthin'.

Pagan metal is usually combined with folk metal, but with less focus on happy melodies and heavier guitar sounds. Sounds more epic. It's also often combined with neo-nazism, because of strong nationalistic lyrics.

So it would amount to Bob Dyland singing "Like a Rolling Stone" with distorted guitars instead of acoustics and a Hitler mustache instead of a harmonica?

Actually, that'd be pretty bitchin'.

So it would amount to Bob Dyland singing "Like a Rolling Stone" with distorted guitars instead of acoustics and a Hitler mustache instead of a harmonica?

Actually, that'd be pretty bitchin'.

Yeah, actually that's exactly what it is.

I can dig just about anything. If it has a good beat and sound to it, I can like it. Emo needs to disappear. It's all a joke. Sadly, I'm getting tired of Nirvana, Metalica, STP, Pearl Jam, and Green Day. If you listen to the radio in NE Ohio, all of these bands get over played WAY TOO MUCH. It's actually crazy to hear a Tool song on a hip-hop station though. Never thought I would hear that...

I basically listen to anything that is not country.

If I had to pick a genre that I have grown fond of, i'd have to go with Industrial. From main stream to the underground, i've been into that scene ever since I was in high school. Big industrial acts that are favorites of mine: Ministry, Skinny Puppy, Frontline Assembly, KMFDM, Wumpscut, Revolting Cocks, Front 242, My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult, Leather Strip, Velvet Acid Christ, Chemlab, and several others. I'm also a huge fan of David Bowie, especially the stuff he has done with Brian Eno.

I don't have mp3 access in my car, so it's just CDs. I have a tendancy to play one CD over and over until I can't stand it anymore, and then I just wear out another one. This week it's System of a Down's Hypnotise. I can't stand the radio, because the commercials get on my nerves.

Archived