Home

JK4 Petition!

tw0k1ngs

Hello, I am a devoted fan and clan leader of very dedicated jedi knight players. The jedi knight games, along with its ability to personalize the experience, has changed many of our lives in ways in which we will reminise upon for a lifetime.

To hear that lucasarts and raven have had no plans to make a fourth game in the series is a crime. I have been waiting and waiting for over two years now for some bit of hope, but none has come. I have started a petition to raise awareness in the hearts of all jedi knight fans in order to get lucasarts and raven to give us a fourth game in the series. Being the dedicated fans you are, I'm sure this is welcome news. If you could please advertise this in any way possible to get as many signatures as possible, it would be greatly, greatly appreccated.

http://www.petitiononline.com/jk4/petition.html

We should stage a protest in front of LucasArts... now that would be hilarious, we could get enough fanfare that they'd have to release another one!

or not.... then I'll have to go on a hunger strike and eventually set myself on fire.

I'll sign the petition for sure and I'll also toss it around where ever I go.

As you might or might not know, LA is supposedly working on the "Star Wars 2007" game, which will probably be some kind of action/adventure jedi game (possibly centred on Vader) similar to the JKs. Latest news have it that it will *not* be available on the PC (damn!).

Anyway, all this to say that a Jedi Knight 4 (or 3? JA was not JK3 - same engine as JO) is probably not in their plans for now. A shame really, since the JKs are really the only "great" SW games along with the KotORs.

I'll probably sign the petition, just for kicks and for old time's sake.

With enough pressure I think they'll put out another one. Remember like any company LucasArts has a penchant for cash, when there is demand there is a supply.

Trouble is, this online petition isn't going to work partly because it's ONLY an online petition. It's gotta be a massive effort. You need an organization of players dedicated towards pressuring LucasArts to put out another JK game You gotta get people to call into their organization and pester product managers/creative directors. You gotta start a direct mail campaign that shows the relevance and demand for another title. You need to show up on their radar, keep up the pressure and yes...get a whole bunch of signatures.

Heck I'd probably start by posting a thread in the games forum on jedicouncil.net, I'd love to hear the pithy responses there.

This takes alot of collaboration and tenacity, something that would be hard to procure from the great JK community IMO.

But hey never say never!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Upgrade

Jedi outcast was a classic If I ever saw one. Kyle Katarn the merc who turned back into a jedi to take down a dark jedi was a classic story. Jedi academy didnt have that good a story since they tried to focus customisation into the story to much but gameplay was pwnage. So I would think that they should mix a story like jedi outcast and gameplay like academy and make a really good JK4 game.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see a new Jedi Knight game too however, I'd prefer someone other than Raven makes it. Jedi Outcast was a good game but I didn't care for Jedi Academy at all. There has to be someone out there who can produce a Jedi Knight action game that's more on par with Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight.

hey all,

long time no post :)

I agree. Another JK game would be awesome. They should scrap all the other sabre styles and devote it to an awesome standard sabre system that would blow our minds as much as JO did when we first played that demo. That would own... besides as far as i know only two jedi in star wars history have ever not just used a standard saber (besides anakin for a split second lol). There's just something honourable and noble about two fighters with only thier swords lol

As you might or might not know, LA is supposedly working on the "Star Wars 2007" game, which will probably be some kind of action/adventure jedi game (possibly centred on Vader) similar to the JKs. Latest news have it that it will *not* be available on the PC (damn!).

It may or may not be, I brough that up in another forum and some guy scolded me saying "It's something completely different... It look more like an Episode 3 game... It's not JK" and seemed so strong about it. Seriously, I think that some of the moves that are used in the video MIGHT be used.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I will agree with you, JA did suck. A lot.

But why would LucasArts even listen to it? I think Raven did a good job with JKO, but JKA was a big failure. And if not for all the good mods, JKA would be dead by now.

Quake 2 has more severs than JKA. That has to mean something.

Oh, and by the way, this thread was made in 06. :p

Archived