Home

Custom Commando Project

Darth Hyukan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry the edges are a little sloppy. i'll try to make it better after i get to work on Lone. thanks for giving me the idea to use symbols... that is really fun and i think it looks pretty cool, and i think i will do it more often!

Although I would've liked the symbol a bit larger, the edges are fine. Nice job on the visor, too -- no offense, but the visor colors you did before were sloppy. Where is the picture you're basing the commandos off of?

whoa...i havent been here in a long time...that last was one really good TXH-1138. oh and the picture we're basing it off of--there isnt one except for the ones the first guy did (cant remember his name). i just took it and filtered it through black and white so that i could make original designs

name: Onix

colors and basic idea:gray, blood red, black. grey helmet w/ Mandoskull in red where L eye would be, red gauntlets, black Y w/ red Mandoskull on upper R arm, black leg armor, grey knees, Mandoskull on L knee plate, anything not mentioned is black. make him VERY battle scared w/ big groove gouged in chestplate from R shoulder to L hip. red visor

type of gun: 2 dc15 pistols. if not then dc17 sniper

animated: not

Although I would've liked the symbol a bit larger, the edges are fine. Nice job on the visor, too -- no offense, but the visor colors you did before were sloppy. Where is the picture you're basing the commandos off of?

alrighty i'll get to redoing yours after i do these next few requests... which ones had sloppy visors (no offense taken, i appreciate constructive critism, just so long as you're not saying "that sucks" for no reason)?

here is Lone:

lonehb8.png

and with a Republic symbol

loneprequalig4.png

name: Onix

colors and basic idea:gray, blood red, black. grey helmet w/ Mandoskull in red where L eye would be, red gauntlets, black Y w/ red Mandoskull on upper R arm, black leg armor, grey knees, Mandoskull on L knee plate, anything not mentioned is black. make him VERY battle scared w/ big groove gouged in chestplate from R shoulder to L hip. red visor

type of gun: 2 dc15 pistols. if not then dc17 sniper

animated: not

if he doesn't mind, Lord Rengal can take this one. I feel like making my own commando, and i'm gonna try and make it really cool but it will probably take a long time, especially since the weekend is almost over and i will have less spare time until friday night.

alrighty, i know someone is going to tell me not to double post, but it seems appropriate here (it doesn't make sense to write this as if i wrote this and my previous post at the same time, and i think this one deserves its own post). i am REALLY proud of these commandos (i reworked some really crappy camouflage commandos i had made a few weeks ago with new techniques i am learning)... hope you guys like 'em!

camouflagecommandosdc8.png

The first few you did on page 5 were kind of sloppy and slapped-together, but you did better with the visors and stuff after that. :) Again, could you show me the picture you're basing the commandos off of?

(And notice my icon and signature...)

aww man that second lone is really good TXH-1138! Extremely good job!

I think this is the one i usually use to make custom commandos, but i know we both will also modify bodies from other commandos and layer them and such if necessary (cut and paste).

modelcommandoyb1.png

Yea and RCJango I'll take that request i guess, though TXH-1138 has had some really good commandos of late. ill try, and if you dont like it, im fine with that, and im sure TXH-1138 might give it a try

i am liking that avatar and signature! here are the ones i base my newer commandos off of... and as a sidenote, for these newer ones i have given up cutting and pasting just because its hard to make the lighting and stuff blend, so i have learned its really better to make it all on my own:

standardunitpw9.png

and here is a quick change to the Lone pictures (i looked at the helmet and realized it looked kinda bare):

lonens8.pngloneprequalwf2.png

custom commandos? thanks. you can use them if you want i only just came up with them (only the Lone pics and the Camouflage Commando pics are products from them). i think i will redo Echo with them, just to see if i can make it look cooler. just so people know, Lord Rengal and i can only do DC-17 attachments as weapons, and we cannot do rebreathers or sniper packs or that kinda of thing. we can try, but just know they probably wont look to great.

Thanks. I'll do some better ones later, since I can only work with Paint (suckiest program ever) right now, but I'll be getting Photoshop CS2 in a week or so. I might even add my commandos if they're any good.

Ooooh, I would love to see one that looks like he was roman! Just google pics of roman legionaries and that should give you an idea.

DIBS!!! i am so gonna try dis one.

Thanks. I'll do some better ones later, since I can only work with Paint (suckiest program ever) right now, but I'll be getting Photoshop CS2 in a week or so. I might even add my commandos if they're any good.

i'd like to tell people i make these with paint. i think Lord Rengal has a link to the program we're using, which you can download free (or at least the demo version. you have to pay for the real one, which we didn't).

hows about using this as your signature pic (i added some blur and color effects to yours, after i tried to center it a bit [no offense, it just looked kinda lopsided to the right on your current one]):

echodecalak3.png

or

echodecalok8.png

also, i still use paint to cut/paste images together (that's how i put the symbol on Echo), and also the program we use saves in a weird format that like, no computer can open, so i always save my pictures via paint. and finally, here is the new Echo (i don't really know if its nessecarily better, but the coloring kinda catches my eye a little more, and with the new techniques i am using, the details of the armor itself are more apparent):

echoon2.png

and i'll be making the roman one soon.

really? i thought the helmet of the old one was the only thing that didn't make the new one all around better, just because (even though the symbol was small) the symbol looked cooler on the tips, how it kinda slants in. i am really having trouble with the roman commando, so could someone please give me a solid description of what they want? and here is one i just made for fun when i was bored:

liefxb3.png

any comments?

Archived