Home

India Subways Get Bombed

http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/2006/07/12/ap2873691.html

My dad told my mom about it and I overheard, then I was watching Glenn Beck and he was talking about it. (He also mentioned a pattern in three major bombing dates: 9/11 7/11 3/11) Seriously, who in the right ****ing mind would go and bomb the hell out of some inoccent men and women just for fun. I sort of have a feeling that it was AL QAEDA I mean really, what other bastard would kill 200 innocent people like that? Then it hit me. Remember how we had no clue where Bin Laden was, but he sent us those two terror tapes? I wonder... could he be in India?

This world has gone completely insane...

Right. I LIVE in this city, the beautiful city of Mumbai and I have a thing or two to say. First off, it's not the subways that were bombed. There was only one out of the seven bombs in a subway. The rest were in the overcrowded local trains on Mumbai.

Mumbai has also become the only city in the world bombed twice, once in 1993, and now in 2006. And you know the best part? Mumbai is not afraid. Mumbai is a spirit unto its own. Over the years, the multi-cultural Mumbai has developed its own fortitude and tolerance level, which absolutely no other city on Earth will achieve. And that is why living in Mumbai is a magical experience in itself.

The bombs occured at rush hour - 6:30 pm. Commuters are travelling back home from their downtown offices, when trains are sabotaged precisely as they enter stations. There are horrible, gory images in newspapers and the media. There are stories of death and macabre. People passed severed limbs in stations and helped each other. Mumbai has an undying spirit in it. One day the trains are sabotaged, the next day they're working flawlessly.

Just as the explosions happened, Mumbai's populace helped each other. They converted the blasted seats into stretchers and directed each other. They helped the victims and waded through the traffic for them. The Mumbai public is much, much more helpful than the authorities of here, or otherwise. And I took a stroll through the city today. Everything is as if nothing ever happened. Mumbai is unshakable and it proves it every time.

As for who did it, it is definitely a worldwide terrorist ring, considering the scale of the attack. It would be either the Al Qaida or the Lashkar-e-Toiba, according to most media reports. Whatever it is, it was meant to scare Mumbai and start riots here. Well, their plan failed. Miserably. Mumbai lives and it will thrive till it's end.

It happens, it's crap and it should'nt happen but it does. Terrorism will never stop because everyone all has different opinions and as long as we all have different opinions then we will all never see eye to eye. Although there's no reason to blow people to bits, i remember reading somewhere that the only way we as a race will see eye to eye is if another world war happened as it would pretty much wipe the majority of the planet out. Leaving peeps to start again, personally i believe the answer lies out in space. We need a global space agency, not our own little country specific ones. Then we all have something to aim for.

unfortunately, things like these happen all over the world, but Mumbai was targeted most probably because it is one of the most crowded places in India. still, the indian government as well as the Mumbai populace refused to have fear instilled in them. maybe that's why i'm always so proud of the people.

I can get so mad of this...

We free innocent people. They respond with killing them (and us). What kind of manaiacal sekt are you then?

It bogs my mind...a holy war against the western world? If you look at the Koran or Bible, it doesn't say that at all...ffs...there are just some maniacs out there twisting the words of old prohets to reach their goal: power.

It's just the most cowardice way of fighting a war. Striking a country at it's weak point, by terrorism and deceit, yeah, that's really f*cking brave!

If all people would spread their believe by bombing sh*t, the world would be a f*cked place.

"Hey, i don't agree with your opinion!"

*runs in with C-4*

"JIHAD!"

I hope Mumbai will keep strong through these hard times. I realy hope you guys get the ones responsible and let them have a taste of our 'democracy.'

I have seen it, yes...

It was kind opf creepy. It also predicted the names of some high-ranked priests or something right?

I don't know about it though....if you'd use it on Harry Potter, i bet it will have some result too....

It bogs my mind...a holy war against the western world? If you look at the Koran or Bible, it doesn't say that at all...

As a devout christian please never compare the bible and the koran, im sure many of my muslim friends would have similar reaction, they are very different religious books (i have read them both) anyways i go on holiday to Morocco once a year (im british) and i never have any trouble there, 90% of muslims are peaceful, as for the koran not saying it... it does, its starts by saying that Christians are men of the book and should be respected and says that all religous men should be respected, but after M is rejected by the christian council he then says that the infidel should be killed - the koran (or Q'uarn) basically the individual chooses which bits of it are true and wich bits arent - its relative, the sick terrorsts take it that jihad is something they should do. my fear as this continues is that muslims will face reprisals for the actions of a few.

as always our hearts go out to the victims of these atrocities, the thing is such terrorism never succeeds as it only greatens the reslove of us look back in history an this is proven... the blitz etc.

why pick on innocent civilians i dont get it - surly if your going to attack anyone it should be the people in charge of the country, not that i even understand why india is being bombed its not even involved with isreal/iraq or afghanistan, there is the kashmir question but dialogue between pakistan and india is going well

you guys are also correct in that it is all about power, the terrorist are islamists, meaning they want a 1 party muslim state where they can oppress all muslims with their tyranny (eg. like the talalban but over all of asia minor)

Archived