Home

Tips to a Good Fanfic!

Yaggles

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

My few tips:

1. Greatly enrich it with Detail... but don't go over board by defining everything the Character sees....

2. As I've been told in the past, seperate dialogues from different characters.

3. Use your Imagination.... do not just write about something that you have whitnessed, make up a new story

4. (my final one) be creative.... add new planets, new NPC's whatever.... not just strictly remain revolving around the NPC's placed throughout a game and/or Movie...

Thanks for emphasizing my big point Anakin. I love detail in stories. I have beta read and read people fics for the better part of the year and I have come across some people who are confusing as to what a person sees or they are vague and it loses me. Implying tones of voice help color the particular situation like 'he replied with a slight growl,' obviously the guy is enraged over something. To embelish more on scenery, the best I have seen done are always on action scenes like duels and battles. Using metaphors helps a great deal because not everyone understands technical terms but they do understand simpler forms of explanation. Remember that writing a story is not like a movie. Your words have to be the film so to speak. That is why the detail is important so that we get a clear idea of what is being written.

Anakin: I guess I followed your tip number 4 well. I created a whole planetary system which is in the planet databank, another good source. Just be sure to give credit where credit is due.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived