Home

AMD dualcore problem fix.

TXkilla01

hey whats up guys? I was just thinking that since i have fixed this dualcore problem for myself why not make it a easy sticky for people so they dont have to do alot of searching and posts for help. Well here it is first you need to

1 - Install the amd drivers, download it from here... http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118,00.html

2 - read this website and download the hotfix....READ here http://support.microsoft.com/?id=896256 ........Download here http://www.amdzone.com/files/WinXPdualcorehotfix.exe

3 - Edit your registry to enable the HOTFIX, follow these steps.

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.

2. Right-click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager, point to New, and then click Key.

3. Type Throttle for the new key name.

4. Right-click Throttle, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

5. Type PerfEnablePackageIdle for the value name.

6. Right-click PerfEnablePackageIdle, and then click Modify.

7. In the Edit DWORD Value box, type 1. In the Value data box, make sure that Hexadecimal is selected, and then click OK.

8. Quit Registry Editor.

4 - Make sure your BOOT.ini has this command in it, /usepmtimer to check, right click on My Computer go to properties, click on the ADVANCE tab, then under startup and recovery click on settings, then click on EDIT....

5 - Install the NEW AMD Dual Core Optimizer.......from here.....http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_9706,00.html

Your Boot.ini should look something like this now..............

[boot loader]

timeout=30

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOW S

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /usepmtimer

After that you should be all set trust me this works and i even got a 5 to 10 percent increase in FPS in my games now. Good luck

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As a side note, I was having problems with TSL, and after troubleshooting various things I narrowed it down to my AMD Dual Core-ness, and instead of doing all of that above, what I did, is with the Windows Task Manager open, I launch TSL, find the process, right-click it and click Set Affinity, then I un-click one of the CPUs and it seems to be working now, though I haven't tested it on prolonged gaming. Just thought I'd chimed in.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope this post is appropriate here, but I want to give a shoutout, kudos and a "you rock" to TXkilla01. WOOT! I have zero computer experience and just about cried when my fav games, KOTOR and TSL, wouldn't play on my new AMD dualcore comp. Your post, however, fixed the problem in a perfectly simplified step-by-step process. Nice. Very nice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having problems with my new Intel Core-2 Duo. I have tried the hotfix, and the reg editing, and the boot.ini stuff, but my game is sooo slow I can't even get through the menu. I did once and it crashed my pc completely. Bah! I just want to finish playing my saved game...Help?

I'm having problems with my new Intel Core-2 Duo. I have tried the hotfix, and the reg editing, and the boot.ini stuff, but my game is sooo slow I can't even get through the menu. I did once and it crashed my pc completely. Bah! I just want to finish playing my saved game...Help?

um...I think that hotfix is for dualcore Athlons, not Intel C2 Duos...

No, the hotfix is for anyone with a dual core processor and window XP. The AMD Optimiser is not. Anyway, I found a fix, all I needed to do was update my Nvidia drivers, which apparently optimised for dual core machines, which is great because I can play my game. The only problem is that my card is an old gf 4 ti4200, and I have to play with old drivers or I get some wierd glitchy effect on the heads of my characters when I'm playing. So now I can play my game, but it looks funny...Oh well, at least it runs.

• 2 months later...
where u find it at Bethaliz?

Find what exactly? The Nvidia drivers are from the Nvidia website, the hotfix is linked at the top of this page.

My problem has completely been solved by now, I just went and got new video card, lol. Works like a charm.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived