Home

Buying an RPG

Hi guys I need some help.

I'm tihnkning of buying a new RPG. I like Oblivion and Morrowind but I prefer story based ones like Kotor & Final Fantasy series. So what RPGs would you suggest I buy.

I haven't played Neverwinter Nights is it good?

Also I would prefer it to be fairly recent ie. PS2 or recent PC.

While I love the ElderScrolls series (Morrowind & Oblivion) my true alliance lies with NeverWinter Nights as far as story driven RPG's go. In fact, NWN has alot of on-going stories...

Morrowind & Oblivion however have the open-ended capabilities like no other RPG I've seen to date... you can do pretty much what you want, when you want. You don't even have to do the Main Quest if you don't want to... plus the game doesn't "end" when you DO complete it ;)

All of them are fantastic games, well worth the money and will provide hours upon hours of gameplay.. NWN is older though, and while far from being "ugly" Oblivion's graphics are beautiful (assuming you've got enough hamsters in your PC to get it to run.. hehehe).

My personal choice though would be NWN.. but I'm biased when it comes to BioWare ;) I found it more story immersive.. I cared for my NPC's probably more than a normal person should.. and found myself actually feeling the 'urgency' to carry out the missions. Oblivion's non-player characters felt just like moving bodies to me that I had to talk to only in order to get the next "fun thing" to do.. (IMO)

I've already got Oblivion & Morrowind. I prefer the story based RPGs like Kotor & FF.

Maybe Neverwinter's Nights. How is Baldur's Gate Story?

When does NWN 2 come out.

More help would be greatly appreciated.

Also doesn't have to be on PS2 I just said that for time period.

I would also recommend Jade Empire. I found it just almost as enjoyable as KOTOR with BioWare’s usual twist and turns. It is only for the X-Box now, but soon will be released for the PC. Although I found it enjoyable the first few times I played, I must warn you to me it does not have the replay value of KOTOR or TSL.

Vampire the Masquerade:Bloodlines

Neverwinter Nights + Hordes of the Underdark expansion

Baldur's Gate II + Throne of Bhaal expansion

Planescape:Torment (old but still good)

Deus Ex (also old but good)

...are all very good RPGs that are well worth buying, in my opinion. ;)

• 1 month later...
Vampire the Masquerade:Bloodlines

Neverwinter Nights + Hordes of the Underdark expansion

Baldur's Gate II + Throne of Bhaal expansion

Planescape:Torment (old but still good)

Deus Ex (also old but good)

...are all very good RPGs that are well worth buying, in my opinion. ;)

That +

Gothic I+ II

(does noone know gothic?)

Archived