Home

Star Wars Battlefront III - Supah Thread! [Retired]

Ali1392

@DA, nah, MC hasnt lost the plot, the thread he made got merged cos some other guy bumped this one, and as they were about the same thing i guess EW had his way with it.

still, i have no idea why the hell they took the flyable vehicles out of landmaps. geonosis felt so empty without the ability to drop from the laat unto the spire... good times...

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MachineCult bumping a three month-old thread? Since when did Hell freeze over? :p

I actually posted a thread called "Star Wars Battlefront III Hopes" and shortly after that some moron bumped this one and now some n00bs old thread has my threads title and my threads awesome first post but with the addition of a poll with a load of stupid options.

Can I just ask, who was it who bumped the old thread when I had just made a new one?

drat

I think in space, there should be lots of rooms taht have a purpose. The there would be the engines near the end of the ship and such. At the top where the bridge would be, would a bridge taht could do stuff to the ship like move it. It would also have a security station inside or next to it. You would see a map of the inside of the ship from here and could do stuff like airlock doors and vent atmosphere (imagine walking through the enemy ship with a huge boarding partyand then suddenly, the doors slam shut and air beings to leak out)

the airlocks would could be undone by both sides but it would take a while but venting atmosphere would be permanent. This would mean that both sides would loose and area and CP so if all the cap ship owners had was the bridge/ security station, thats all they could ever get back

I hope that it will be developed by ANYBODY but Pandemic Studios. I can't describe how much i detest that company. BF could have been the perfect starwars game, but they screwed up badly, and all we got was an unbalanced, unstable, steaming pile of feces. When they finally decided to release a "patch" with fixes to some of the worst gamedesign ****-ups, we had to pay the price of a new videogame for it (BF2). Which it wasn't.

Oh, and that it will have an entirely new engine.

Why does everyone assume ET is the only one Moderating? Am I like invisible or something? Old thread was bumped before MC created his thread. Because MC had to be all "WTF NOOB" I just merged the threads.

I mean... ET did it! <.<

If they're to make a Battlefront 3, I'm hoping this time the developers actually take their time with this one. I'm not saying that SWBF1 & 2 weren't enjoyable games, but I've gotten the impression they were both rushed to meet the release of the OT and then ROTS DVD's.

Im also hoping they fix up the classes, particularly with the clones. As Machine Cult said, the clone heavy weapons trooper shouldn't look like Commander Bacara and the Commander shouldnt look like the Clone Marine.

I'd also like to see some more intelligent AI, who are useful in a battle and also a challenge to fight against.

Also , larger maps and battle fields, both on land and in space. In particular, I think the Geonosis and Hoth maps could do with more than a bit of improvement.

I also think they need to improve the space vehicle classes to fit in more with whats been established in the movies. I mean, the TIE fighter and Interceptor dont have missles and the V-Wing isnt a bomber . And I dont think the Republic Gunship is a space-faring vehicle, considering it is called the LAAT, low altitude assault transport. And I think the developers could design a new transport for the rebels, rather just recycling the republic gunship.

Anyway, these are just some of my thoughts and stuff..

Good points, Tango Feet. I agree that the battlefields should be larger, but you should still be able to get around them quickly. I hated having to jog places, especially large downloadable maps for BF1. *cough* Shores *cough*

I agree Niner_777, on such larger maps, they should include vehicles such as the Republic Gunship as a troop transport , so players don't find themselves having to walk long distances all the time.

Also , why not have the gunship and other transport classes able to carry more than one or two passengers?

i think they need to fix the landing before they do anything else to it, as sometimes no matter how hard im hitting the button, the ships just wont land in hangars and i'll end up scraping the thing across the hangar walls getting out.

ya that really pisses me off especialy when its a transport filled with people

I think they should make more urban maps with buildings you can go inside of and shoot from

it would be really cool to have like an escourt mission on thoose maps where like, the emps escourt a prisoner or something while the rebels do hit and run from inside the houses

I hated how the bombers worked in space. It doesn't make scene how the bombs would drop downward if shot straight in space. With stuff like that it was hard bombing the life support systems without risking crashing. It should be more like it was on BF1 where the bombs were dropped below the ship so that they would go down.

The other problem I had was that there were bullets in the game (or at least bullet like lasers). Like with the captial ships' anti-fighter turrent, the y-wings turrent, and the clone commanders' gun. In Republic Commando, Boss said, "A shotgun, I didn't think anyonw used baslitic weapons anymore". Or something like that.

Next, and I know everyone hated this (i need to get this off my chest), why is it if I let an AI fly the gunship, y-wing, etc. they end up crashing into another ship or go out of bounds, or crash in the hangar.

Archived