Home

Star Wars Battlefront III - Supah Thread! [Retired]

Ali1392

i think they need to fix the landing before they do anything else to it, as sometimes no matter how hard im hitting the button, the ships just wont land in hangars and i'll end up scraping the thing across the hangar walls getting out.

That happens to me a lot.

Btw, I think that some urban maps would be awsome. Also, they should have building interiors. Not like Mos Eisley which only had like one.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want anyone saying there so not be one. There is going to be one.

Say want you want to be in the game. I want new planets and levels be in space, near ground flying, and on ground fighting at the same time. So you could first just shoot units on ground, then up in a ship and blast some tanks and last flying into a huge orbital battle in the battle. You could have heros in space and have conquest space battles and the battles that explained earlier. Now give all your ideas on new maps and more. And here's one more new thing in space you could in the enemy ships and you can fight in ships too.

- maps from BF1 (like Rhen Var, Bespin on PC version)

- new conflict sides (Yuuzhan Vong vs New Republic or something from old times - maybe Mandalorian War)

- voice comunication

- ships on more planets (gunships on Geonosis and Utapau)

- better assault mode (You have got one most forward CP and your army must destroy enemy hangars or transporters)

- no CTF!

- more Clone Wars battles (not only from movies, but some from EU)

- battle about 2nd DS

- out maps like Polis Massa

- out fighting Vader from Endor or Boba Fett on Utapau

- more players avaliable on battlefield (64players + 128AI)

- better AI

- space battles with many capital ships (with battles between them) and much many fighters

- new engine with amazing graphics

and some other updates...

LucasArts should not make SWB3 unless:

- They make it for XBox 360 and PS3

- More ragdoll physics like the first SWB

- More heroes like Qui Gonn, Asajj Ventress, Plo Koon, Quinlan Voz should come standard and not in a special patch.

- Bring back EVERY SINGLE MAP from both SWB1 and SWB2

- Smarter AI, actually, less focussed AI; I've discovered that enemy AI take preference of you over your other teammates (enemy AI try to kill you first before other AI)

- Ragdoll physics with vehicle fire, it used to be that if you fired near an enemy, they fly like ten feet; in SWB2 you have to fire at the body of your enemy.

- You should be able to pick and drop weapons like Halo, or atleast have one unit be able to do that (like the regular trooper).

- Close combat melee, like hitting enemy AI with the butt of your gun or your fist.

- They should have seven different characters, one of which you can customize for each faction.

- More movie oriented battles: like Death Star throne room, entire interior of a space cruiser.

- Option of two heroes per faction: like Anakin and Obi Wan for the CIS ship, Jango and Dooku for Geonosis.

I already stated my reasons but here they are:

PRIMARILY: The game should be on XBox 360 and PS3, so that LucasArts can cram all this stuff that you guys think is goin go to be in the game.

SPACE

- Yes, they should have heroes in space and hero ships as well, like the M.Falcon

- One user should be able to fly the cruiser, but it would be very slow, and the navigation system should be capable of being destroyed be the enemy.

- Yes, cruisers should be able to collide with one another, but it should take avery long time to get them into position so we don't have like 30 second battles.

- Space dogfighting was too slow in my opinion, looked like a puppeteer was flying all the ships from above.

- They should have some sort of combine battlefield and space fighting; like you can fight some guys on a battlefield and then fly up into space to destroy the main cruiser.

HERO ASSAULT

- Hero assault matches should be on more maps and should come standard (not a downloaded patch)

- More heroes should be inserted

- Heroes should not have attack cycles, it should allow you to slash the saber each time you press the button.

- Force pull should be eliminated completely, or atleast limited. Or maybe, they should have you use force pull and push only once every time you have a full stamina bar.

- Objects should be available for jedi to throw at each other, and you whould be able to have manauvers to dodge the objects

- Force should be blockable.

Now, no one has the right to say that these statements are wrong. They are a personal reflection of my opinion. So technically, you can't prove an opinion wrong, its impossible.

Anyway, the thing about it being on 306 or PS3 is an obvious matter. I haven't seen too many people say that. If there will be a SWB3, it would probably take a couple years.

First of all, Lucasfilm Ltd. is rumored to be working on Indiana Jones 4, which LucasArts might make a game for, that's two years down.

Second, LucasArts is also working on a Darth Vader saga game due this winter or later. That's one more year gone.

Third, god knows how many more Star Wars Galaxies sequels are due out.

Lucas himself is looking to improve digital quality of movie theaters and digital movie projectors (which have already been realeased to theaters).

That's about 4 - 5 years before LucasArts even thinks about SWB3. By the way, I haven't anyone whining about a Mercenaries sequel yet. Someone has or probably will cry about it. That'll be a useless sequel.

I still don't know, and there is still the rumor by SuperShadow and his cronies about Lucas starting Episode 7 in 2014. Which I doubt is true.

This was quite off-topic I know, sorry :(

Urban maps would be cool, especially if there were just a buncha citizens running around and freaking out.

YES. I want to gun down innocent people. And I want bigger battles. Huge ones, with 1000 reinforcements, and 200 guys per team on the battlefield at one time.

Edit: And Niner's got a good idea too.

Granted, we do have some urban maps (Mos Eisley and Theed), but they need crowds, interiors, and more buildings (especially in Theed). Plus, it would help if there were destructable enviroments, so players could blow out the sides of buildings with rockets and cannon fire. Otherwise, moving from building to building would be more restricted.

Cryptox']I already stated my reasons but here they are:

PRIMARILY: The game should be on XBox 360 and PS3, so that LucasArts can cram all this stuff that you guys think is goin go to be in the game.

I think if this happened, I would destroy lucasarts and who ever else mad ethe game and maybe some more people and componies since theres more to games than just consoles and you know what, most of my favorite games have been ruined because the developers completely ignore the PC gamers desires and turn great shooters like Rainbow 6 into Rainbowhalo with no tactics involved

I loved SWBI. SWBII, not so much. I'm still willing to give a third version a try. Eliminate Bothan spies and other such "strategy" characters--they never work effectively. Make the maps larger--much larger, even if you have to have fewer. And don't regurgitate old maps! I'm torn on Jedis, but I lean toward having them in the game as non-playable characters. And if you want to keep the battles in space, then figure out a way to make the area expansive and the missions more varied. The space battles in this game were boring, but it was fun landing on capital ships and attacking from within. Maybe the space battle component is really a separate game? It wouldn't even have to have much of a story--just jump in to the biggest, baddest space battles of the SW Universe. Or reinvent it as a Rogue Squadron-type game where you go from recruit to ace. I don't know. Love to fly just not sure how to maximize it in a game context.

Wow... That's nearly exactly what I was going to say...

I like the idea of having a customizable character. I love being able to screw around with appearances. How customizable should it be, though?

I also want to see actual variations in weapons. For example, pistols shouldn't be carbon copies of each other. Each should have their own rate of fire, damage, accuracy, etc. To get to the point, I'd want that so we could have a customizable unit (or even multiple customizable units, and by unit I mean legion/brigade/whatever) for GC. One could choose between the DH-17, Q-2s5, DL-44, etc. for their entire unit to use, and can change it to something else at any point in the game so long as they're in the strategic mode. The same would go for the rifles and so on. The player could start off with a semi-decent set of weapons for their units, and it would be purely optional to purchase anything else. However, I suspect, if done correctly, a lot of players would see enough of an advantage in the other weapons to purchase them. Although, it's possible a clever player might take advantage of saving their credits and spending them elsewhere. With that in mind, the player would be able to view the statistics for each weapon to help them make a decision.

I also like that idea of buying ships. I kind of want to expand on that, though. I'd love to see 5 classes of ship: Flagship/Commandship, Cruiser, Destroyer (?), Frigate/Corvette (?), and Transport. For each class, there ideally would be at least two kinds of ship to choose from. The only flaw here is that the CW loses out on this idea because there aren't as many known designs, and wouldn't be able to have ships on each level without doing a few things that may or may not look rediculous.

As far as Jedi go, I'm leaning towards making them more like BF1 jedi heroes. Get rid for Force Sprinting entirely. Make them sprint like normal soldiers or not at all. Force powers should be limited in ways that prohibit repetition and promote skilled use of the saber. However, the most important thing is that the default server setting for Jedi should be "off". The reason for this is simple. If the person wants Jedi on their server, they have to take the time to think about what values they want to set. If they turn Jedi on, the default "on" setting should be something not terribly easy to obtain. That should get rid of a lot of the Jedi rushing. If they want to insist on easy access Jedi, then fine, but it should cut down on the number of servers like that due to people being lazy.

Speaking of BF1, I'd like to see a return to the AI numbers from that game, which seem much more numerous. I could be mistaken, though. Either way, more AI is the way to go. I'm not sure what can be done about the intelligence of the AI without a new engine. From what I've seen so far, a lot of behavior is aided by the map design, and I find it very odd.

I agree with manualy setting heros

I wouldnt mind though, for when I just want to kill and cleave, to be able to pick what hero I want on maps even if it makes no sense(Mandalores on all maps, Hell ya)

I would love to see like a battle where one team gets 1 or 2 Cap ships and some frigates and the other team gets a fortress on the planet and there would be like EMP and heavy laser turret. The space team would get a bunch of transports and it would be like bf1 where the transports dont move if you dont press any key and you can jump out in the air. THe invaders would have a parashute or whatever star wars people use for parashutes

the defenders would have like 5 levals above ground and a tunnel and bunker network underground including armorys where you could switch classes

Once the invaders had landed, they would begin to assult the fortress with deployable ladders or they could take theyre time and blow down the walls. Reinforcements would continue to arrive and eventualy, some ATATs or ATTEs would be dropped in

Once the wall is breached, the invaders would continue in and have to half theyre forces fighting a against an entranced enemy and send forces up and down

The defenders would get advanced maps of the tunnels and passage ways while the invaders would be traveling blind and there would be traps

I say they need more heroes in the next game with blasters becasue I think personally it is easier to kill some one from a distance than with mele attacks but I also think they need melee weps besides lightsabers this is what I think New Heroes should be added

REPUBLIC NEW HEROES

Delta 38 "Boss"

Delta 62 "Scorch"

Delta 40 "Fixer"

Delta 07 "Sev"

Commander Cody

Commander Gree

CIS NEW HEROES:

Durge from SWCW

Haven't come up with much for the CIS but I hate them so IDC

REBEL NEW HEROES

Admral Ackabar

Lando

That GEneral on Hoth... I forget his name

EMPIRE NEW HEROES:

Grand Admral Thrawn

Mara Jade

Royal Guard (could be just a regular class but i put it anyway)

General Veers

Any Comments?

REPUBLIC NEW HEROES

Delta 38 "Boss"

Delta 62 "Scorch"

Delta 40 "Fixer"

Delta 07 "Sev"

Commander Cody

Commander Gree

The Clone Commandos weren't in huge battles, they were Commandos, they did stealth ops behind enemy lines.

It would be a bit tricky having Clone Commanders as heroes, seeing as there is a Commander class, and anyway the Jedi were the heroes of the Republic Army.

REBEL NEW HEROES

Admral Ackabar

Lando

That GEneral on Hoth... I forget his name

LOL, Ackbar is an old man, I don't think so.

I know but I needed at least one Alein on each of them because I don't want to be racist lol I didn't put an Alien on the REpublic becasue they use clones which are all human. I still think it would be cool to have a commando in there though, either put delta squad in there or have a class called clone commando and have it do special missions or something... I don't know I just would like to have them in there. I agree with you on the Commando thing and I think they should make the clone marine look like the clone commander because the armor the commanders wear is called clone marine armor in the movie and on each stage change the Clone Commander Armor to look like a Commander from the movie. For Example on Utapau have the clone commander look like Commander Cody. I think that would be cooler than the weird looking armor they have on the clone commander now.

Any one else besides me think that the clone troopers looked better in BF1? I want changeable skins for the soldiers. The only thing would be that the Empire's only alternate armor is the snow costume and that would look dumb if a bunch of snowtroopers were running around on Mustufar. The Rebels could wear there costumes they wear on Kamino in BF2 but they should make it more diffrent than the pants. The driods...well who cares no one likes them anyway!

...I want changeable skins for the soldiers. The only thing would be that the Empire's only alternate armor is the snow costume and that would look dumb if a bunch of snowtroopers were running around on Mustufar. The Rebels could wear there costumes they wear on Kamino in BF2 but they should make it more diffrent than the pants. The driods...well who cares no one likes them anyway!
Like I've stated in other threads, I'd like to see this. But I'd rather not limit it to boring colors or limits, as it would ruin the only player customization aspect of the game.

But Special Forces like Delta Squad do particapate in large battles, they just have different missions. Infact they did particapate in the Battle of Geonosis, but with more of an emphasis on reconnaissance and espionage. They played a part in the Battle by assassinating Sun Fac and stealing the CIS codes. Similarly, in skirmish battles, as heroes they could do similar things.

As for heroes, I believe that in BFII they suffered from underexposure. The fact that only certain heroes could be used on certain maps prevented certain heroes from being played very often. You should be able to use any hero on any map.

I think that the base maps, such as Hoth and Yavin should have the actual base to explore and disable. Bases should work like starship, except they don't move. hey should have components similar to starship that can be exploded, such as shield generators, weapons systems, ect.

If they're a hangar in the base (which they're probably is), you should be able to pick the vehicles that spawn next, allowing almost any vehicle in you're factions roster to be used, which would solve a problem that similar to the Hero one noted above. I think that all this cool stuff should be usable whenever you want. It's you're game you should be able to use LAATs on Hoth if you want.

Archived