Home

Star Wars Battlefront III - Supah Thread! [Retired]

Ali1392

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mod maps, ok, I downloaded a SWBF Conversion Pack v1.75. I think this is it.

My opinions on BF3:

-Include destructible scenery, like a lot of it. The engine definitely supports it. Destructible buildings? Maybe not, but that would be cool like in KOTOR to bomb your enemy like they did to Taris, and have the buildings just shatter and explode.

-More classes. Surely there aren't only 5 different troops in a whole army.

-Not necessarily bigger, but more in-depth maps.

-Like other people were saying, the ability to just walk in a vehicle would be cool, sorta like GCMOD for BF1942. In that game you can walk around inside the corridors of cruisers. If you go to the bridge, you can actually fly them at other cruisers. The weapons work, and the cruisers are even destructible.

Your playing the old version thats filled with bugs and stuff. There is now

1. 3-4 new unit classes

2. King of the hill mode

3. Holocron mode(a holocron spawns in a random spot and you or a teammate has to pick it up and hold it for 2 minutes

4. Deathmatch mode

5. team deathmatch(XL without the extra units

6.Uber mode(XL but conquest style)

7. Dogfighting(space but like hunt)

8. Classic Conquest: no unlockables, BF1 units, the only thing missing is prone because thats impossible to add)

9.Hero Assualt on most shipped and conversion pack, most with at least 5 new heroes

10. The BF1 maps, 3 new space maps with B wings, Dokuus geonosis ship and other cool stuff

11. a bunch of extra maps that are included for fun

12. A bonus menu that has things like concept art and units/vehicles that were removed from BF1 and BF2 while in developement

13. You can play any campaign mission from instant action

14. Most bugs squashed

link

http://www.gametoast.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=9881

Your playing the old version thats filled with bugs and stuff. There is now

1. 3-4 new unit classes

2. King of the hill mode

3. Holocron mode(a holocron spawns in a random spot and you or a teammate has to pick it up and hold it for 2 minutes

4. Deathmatch mode

5. team deathmatch(XL without the extra units

6.Uber mode(XL but conquest style)

7. Dogfighting(space but like hunt)

8. Classic Conquest: no unlockables, BF1 units, the only thing missing is prone because thats impossible to add)

9.Hero Assualt on most shipped and conversion pack, most with at least 5 new heroes

10. The BF1 maps, 3 new space maps with B wings, Dokuus geonosis ship and other cool stuff

11. a bunch of extra maps that are included for fun

12. A bonus menu that has things like concept art and units/vehicles that were removed from BF1 and BF2 while in developement

13. You can play any campaign mission from instant action

14. Most bugs squashed

link

http://www.gametoast.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=9881

That conversion pack has still got a TON of glitch issues though. Granted, a vast majority have been fixed, but several Order 66 maps don't work for example, and the Yavin Arena still crashes when one tries to load it. No, the conversion pack has got a long way to go before it's worthwhile for everyone to download.

Thanks both of you. I wondered why everything was all messed up. At least some of the things are fixed though

Here's a wild idea, how about a dynamic map, one faction in one location, another faction in another location, and the team members build their base, sort of like building a real base. One problem though, nothing would stop the factions from putting in hundreds of turrets, or something like that. Still, it would be cool to have your own barracks, weapons locker, etc. etc.. But this is going towards the realm of a rpg, and yeah I know SWBF is a shooter, not an rpg.

But when someone is defending their own base, one that they built themselves, won't they fight with more dedication?

Also, where can I find recent BF2 modding support? Most relevant threads are months old at the least, if not years. (I have trouble with XSI and exporting)

http://www.gametoast.com is where your going to find modding help, this is one of the worst places to get it.

As for Darth Rogues suggestion, thats impossible to do realisticly. And I mean impossible.A good mapper can make a decent map in 1-2 weeks. Now times that by a few million to make a up contenent of the planet. Now take that to the million power. Your answer is the time it takes for that planet to get finished. Now times that by like 20. And thats how long it would take for the game to come out.

Flightsim has the whole world. They use autogen and some other stuff to make it work, but really, worlds would be so big the battles wouldn't be battles, they would be wars that could drag on for years.

Anyway, the conversion pack is great! A lot of bugs though. Thanks for the link to gametoast. In order to export msh you need the $500 version of XSI. I'm trying to find away around XSI, but it looks like thats not possible.

That's too bad, because I made a good coruscant speeder model thats way better then the one in the conversion pack. (If anyone cares it's on my homepage)

Send it to someone on gametoast, a bunch of them have XSI.

As for the flightsim, thats because its a flying game, the ground is not important. In a FPS, 1 building can affect the balance of the whole map. Plus theres a lot bigger chance for a clipping bug on a FPS than a flying game where the only solid thing you need to worry about is the ground.

Yep you're right about flightsim. Scenery has collision boxes, not meshes.

I posted my speeder at game toast. With any luck some person who made the conversion pack will see it.

YEAH!!!!!! I did it! I exported my speeder from gmax, to yafray, to 3DOC, to blender, to XSI. Now I can give it to the people with the real XSI, to export to battlefront. phew.

Here's an idea for a BF3 Expansion pack. We could go through all the mod maps at battlefront files and put the good ones in the pack. I think we should correct other small details such as putting in the right trooper skins at Utapau, and putting in the green skins for clone marines and so on, to make it truly accurate to the movie.

Anyone have any more SWBF3 ideas?

Yeah, I do.

I think there should be more 2 on 1 battles where you and 30 guys go againstlike 100 AI except your guys won't be stupid and get themselves killed in 2 secs

The problems with SWBF 1 and 2 is that when AI's have grenades next to them, half of the time they dont move so then 5 guys are taken out every minute due to stupidity.

Another I idea is that when all of your guys are depleted and u are the only guy left it shouldnt automatically be defeat. it would be cool to have u against them since we are better then the AI's and stand more of a chance.

:twogun:

I agree with you.

If the bodies don't disappear then it makes the war more war-like.

And if there is a firefight in a small room or hallway the blaster marks of stray lasers should be on the walls.

I like your ideas (#3 #5 and #6). Running for your life to get out of an exploding ship

would be AWESOME :vsd::vsd:

I think the following:

1. Destructable enviroments and buildings

2. When you kill someone or get killed, their bodies stay there and don't dissapear

3. In space, there should be be 6 or 7 capital ships, but only one flagship.

4. In the capital ship, there should be several rooms and hallways. When you invade the ship, the security guards fight you in the rooms and hallways. You'll have to fight your way to the command bridge, kill the Admiral, and blow up the command bridge. After you've destroyed everything, the ship starts to blow up. If you don't get out in time, you blow up with the ship.

5. Realistic battles in the movies like Hoth, there should be 9 or 10 AT-ATs, like 5 AT-ST squadrons, and the rebels actually stay in the trenches and fire from there, and retreat like in the movie.

6. Huge battlefields like in the movies. For example Geonosis, Mygeeto, Utapau, Hoth, the Death Star trench run, and the Space Battle over Endor with the second Death Star.

7. Melee attack like in Halo

Let me know what you think

your idea is pretty cool and i like the idea of moving up ranks.

but wat about changing classes

i mean

in the first few minutes you are a clone but then droid tank enters the battle field then you destroy the tank and wat then you are a shock trooper and you have to kill with a blaster pistol?

im just saying.

but i still like your idea

Look Here Are My Ideas 4 SWBF3 and i think they're pretty cool.

Ok what happens is that in every map u start off as a satndard clone and for every 10 kills you get you can move up a rank.

Here r the ranks. Also 4 every 50 kills you get you can unlock a unique character for each map e.g. Tarful, Chewbacca

-Kashykk

Republic:

Clone Trooper

Shock Trooper

Arc Trooper

Delta Commando

Young Jedi

Jedi Padawan

Jedi Knight

Jedi Master

CIS:

Battle Droid

Droid Pilot

Super Battle Droid

Magna Guard

Crab Driod

Sith Apprentice

Sith

Sith Lord

Rebels:

Rebel

Rebel Pilot

Rebel Vanguard

Han Solo or Chewbacca

Luke Skywalker or Obi-Wan Kenobi

Yoda

Empire:

Stormtrooper

Elite Stormtrooper

Imperial Vanguard

Dark Trooper

Boba Fett or The Emperor's Guards

Darth Vader

The Emperor

Here's A List Of Maps For The Game:Episodes 1+2 (Some Of Them R New(Ones I Made Up):

The Phantom Menace:

Naboo:Plains

Naboo:Theed

Naboo:Otto Gunga (Gungan City)

Tatooine: Mos Espa

Tatooine: Podracing Stadium

Naboo Palace:The Final Dual

Naboo Palace: Hangar

Tatooine: Watto's Junkyard

Naboo: Space

Droid Control Ship (More Like An Area Than A Map)

Naboo:Space-Trade Federation Blockade

Naboo:Underwater Depths

Attack Of The Clones:

Geonosis:Spire

Geonosis:Space-Asteroid Belt

Kamino:Platforms

Kamino:Cloning Facility

Tatooine:Tusken Raider Settlement

Geonosis:Droid Factory

Coruscant:Bar

Geonosis:Execution Arena

Geonosis:Hangar

Naboo:Lake Country

Coruscant:Platforms

Coruscant:Jedi Archives

What D U Think Of These (Don't Steal Dem And Put Them On Your Supa Thread).

Edit 1:

Sorry U Guys This Was Wat I Wrote For My Thread Biut They Took It Down So Ignore The Bit In Brackets At Da Bottom!!!

Edit 2:

You Gurys If Ur Wonderin Where Episodes 3,4,5+6 R, Well I'm Thinking On Them But They'll Be Up soon!!!

Edit 3:

I Think Lucasarts should make SWBF3 Supa Large So It Takes Up About 20 Gigs Of Hard-drive Space! I Know It Sounds Crazy But If U THink About It... IT ISN'T!

Commando Tazer--welcome to the Forums. Please use the edit button in the lower right side of your post if you want to add something to a previous post. Please do not double-post. Check out the SWBF Code of Conduct thread, and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the moderating staff. --Jae

well i think they should mke a campaign for the droids and rebels, plus tweak for realism:

allowed in frigates

ships are much bigger with more rooms like in the books it says that the ships have stuff like the clones don't sleep they're cryogenically frozen(republic commando, hard contact) and proper control over the ship, it moves really slowly tho, and turrets along the sides like on episode III.

change the rebel gunship, it is stupid it being exactly like republic one, hve it like the escape shuttles but smaller maybe

ships have escape pods, which jettison you into space, starfighters can pick up people in them. also starfighters have escape pods

in galactic conquest, troops that are not picked up, land on the planet below(or nearest) and if in the next turn that place is attacked you get extra reinforcments.

in galactic conquest, u can pick to put not all but just some troops on the planet, u get more every time u conquer one and more from your existing planets every turn, some troops may be left to guard planets, instead of just appearing at the planet when it's attacked.

doors to other places that can be locked down if part of the ship is captures

controllable command posts in ships, why destroy it when u can capture it

fleets - having more than 1 capital ship and 2 frigate, buy more

cool ideas

i definitely think the ships should have more rooms then just the key points

....in galactic conquest, u can pick to put not all but just some troops on the planet, u get more every time u conquer one and more from your existing planets every turn, some troops may be left to guard planets, instead of just appearing at the planet when it's attacked.

cool ideas

i definitely think the ships should have more rooms then just the key points

:vsd:

....in galactic conquest, u can pick to put not all but just some troops on the planet, u get more every time u conquer one and more from your existing planets every turn, some troops may be left to guard planets, instead of just appearing at the planet when it's attacked.

:):blast5::blast5::blast5::blast5::blast5::blast5::blast5::blast5:

I just thought that it would be cool to play through a different era of fighting is all. And what what would be better than the Mandalorian Wars. I think if they released a third battlefront playing through the Galactic Civil War or the Clone Wars would bore people and make them not want to play them. If they have Galactic Conquest mode[which of course they will] they could put in the GCW and Clone Wars as well as the Mandalorian Wars and Jedi Civil War.

Or possibly a game playing through the war of Exar Kun? It's all just suggestions that will most likely not be answered by the makers of it. But it's at least something we could think about?

GC should be a bit more RTS like, and there should be 20 units per side. Anymore and the last enemy CP will be too hectic. You should also be able to better control your squad, such as give them orders to take out a tank or something like that instead of just having them follow you.

Archived