Home

Star Wars Battlefront III - Supah Thread! [Retired]

Ali1392

I think another good system in space that would be in the ship only would be a power generator. There would be multiple of these and when 1 is destroyed, the power in that area of the ship(ie the lights and auto turrets) would go off and little red emergency lights would come and and spin around.

Another idea that goes along with the destroyable cap ships is life boats, I mean imagine being one the last of your team on your ship and its about to blow and there are 20 enemy. You could seal them in a room, jump in life boat, jetson all of the other life boats like Grevious did and watch the ship go crashing to the planet with them on it. You would then crash on the planet if not picked up by another ship and would beable to get out and fight on land. Also, there would be a new CP and a terrain change because the Crashed capital ship would have created a small ravine and you could enter through docking bays and holes from the battle. In there, you would enter a room and find the corpses of 20 enemys smashed against walls

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that would be sweet but if we were stuck in the control room we shud be able to aim wear the ship crashes. like if thear is a hole bunch of defenders all grouped up in one spot. it would be fun to make the ship chrash right on top of them, so they would all die. :smash::smash:

To GamaCrab. Yes ... orbit-to-planet battles would certainly be a VERY interesting -in fact, spectacular affair. However let's not get too unrealistic :) Connecting a full-fledged space battle with one on a planet map alone would be a huge technical step ... and it's unlikely that it would be a seamless transition - rather something like this: a shuttle flies close to a planet, followed perhaps by an automated shuttle-flies-into-orbit sequence ... and plopp, the shuttle appears on the ground map. Manually crash landing capital ships is rather something for Battlefront 5 - Return of the Empire. ;)

Ramming maneuvers however are quite another matter - and I agree, being able to plot the course for capital ships would be a really nice and not too unreasonable feature for the next Battlefront.

Indeed, a good idea , and you would probly be able to do that to- that would do some damage when your going out. I still dont know about connecting battles, I've thought about different directions the game concept could go, I decided that that was a whole different game my friend. I'll call it "Galactic factions". First, however, I must get into the video game industry... and I have the perfect idea how... :smash::smash:

Believe it or not battlefront III is highly possible (I have my sources) it is highly probable that it could come out fall 2008. In fact I'm pretty sure that Raven, Pandemic, and LA are in the process of signing contracts for the production of this game. Again I have reasonably credible sources so I have about a 75% chance of being right.

i think they need to make a mercenaries style battlefront

this way you can call in different air strikes

and you can be able to steal any speeder you want

even if it was coltroled by the other team

also to bee able to pick up weapons from fallen troopers

and having vehicles air lifted right to you

would be sweet

go to the address bellow to sign a petition to have star wars battlefront 3 made

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/petitionspot.competitionsstarwarsbattlefront3

No.

1, it's already been unofficially mentioned in E3 that SWBF3 will be made.

2, it's ridiculous to think that a company will spend millions of dollars to produce a video game when they had no intention of doing so, just because they see an online petition.

I was on a forum yesterday and a developer from Raven happened to be there. He had all the right credentials so you should believe him. They are in the process of creating Battlefront III, just keep this to yourselves okay. I don't want to be sued.

I like vader815 and machinecult's ideas. Most of my ideas right now are for Galactic Conquest. I forget if you can play GC online, but if not, then they need to make it so you can. Also, it needs to be more objective-based than just capture all control points, or kill all enemy troops. It needs more stategy.

For example, GC online should be more like mechassualt 2 Galactic Conquest in the fact that players should be able to drop in and out of massive, literal galactic battles, not just one battle at a time. It should be a constant, war waging on and above multiple planets all at once. As for being more objective-based, planets should have actual "hotspots", or buildings that need to be destroyed, such as the droid factories on geonosis, or the cloning tanks on kamino. Here's the idea, on each map with these "hotspots", there will be so many of the certain objectives that the attacking team will have to destroy, and of course, the defenders defend. So, say there are six droid factories on geonosis, and the republic attacks and destroys three of them. This would cut the progress of separtist army creation in at least one part of the galaxy. This brings me to another idea, a galactic troop creation process, where any world under your command can create more troops for you side, provided it has the ability to do so, like kamino. This way, you can have a more strategic war, instead of like swbf2, where you just bought a certain class, and got so many men per battle. You can send the new reinforcments to say, mygeeto where your troops there are being overwhelmed right now. I think this ties in with the idea of destuctible troop centers, like droid factories, or cloning tanks, to create a more tactical gameplay. Sorry if someone else has said something like this. What do you think? :jawa :jawa

i think they need to make a mercenaries style battlefront

this way you can call in different air strikes

and you can be able to steal any speeder you want

even if it was coltroled by the other team

also to bee able to pick up weapons from fallen troopers

and having vehicles air lifted right to you

would be sweet

I sort of like the airlift thing, because i'd like to see them implement the republic carrier gunship variant that hauled the AT-TE's into the battle of geonosis. But the rest i'm not so sure about. One more thing, you can steal speeders contolled by the other team. In fact, you steal almost any vehicle from the other team. There are only two type that you can't steal, command walkers, ( Republic AT-TE and Imperial AT-AT ) and transport craft in space. :jawa :jawa

I was on a forum yesterday and a developer from Raven happened to be there. He had all the right credentials so you should believe him. They are in the process of creating Battlefront III, just keep this to yourselves okay. I don't want to be sued.

this sounds kinda untrustworthy especialy since I talk to the co founder of Raven quite a bit because my best friend is his son

And I know the game at least some of them are working on isnt BF3

I like the airlift idea. That way vehicles could get around large battlefields more effectively without needing any random tank carrier vehicles to be invented out of nowhere like I thought of earlier:) And I like your idea of more millitary targets. I tinkered with that idea too. It wouldn't even have to be limited to GC. Assault wouldn't have to be limited to space and Jedi clash.

EDIT: ooh. 4 pages.

I think it would be pretty cool if they powered up the LAATs 2 side turrets but made it so that the gunners could be shot out. I also think that all of the transports but the LAAT should have to open like a door to get out but the LAAT would have the option of leaving the side doors open for a fast jump out. I think that transports should carry at least like 4 passengers and you should be able to open up the door and jump out anywhere.

Another Idea for transports is supplys. The troops inside of them could jump out with extra ammo and bacta canisters and then carry them places bout could only use theyre pistol while carrying. This would be especialy usefull in huge battles where you are fighting in a large field or something like that and there are no bots

For III, just have larger everything. More unit types, more units on a battlefield, more planets, more vehicles, and everything else i forgot to mention.

They should have MUCH MORE units on the battlefield. The battles have to be larger and longer. The longer a battle is, you wont play as much battles in a short time, thus adding to the replay value of the game. On Battlefront I, I breezed through Galactic Conquest in an hour and a half on the hardest level. If I got what I want, the battles will last, at the shortest, 30 minutes. I dont have a short attention span though, I dont think that would be the best for everyone.

Archived