Home

KOTOR 1: Skip Taris?

Yaggles

Hey, I've searched but haven't found a MOD for this. All links go to PCGamemods.com, which is down atm.

I know it would be easy to run through Taris with cheats, but then for the rest of the game, I have that nasty "Cheats Used" grafiti on the screen and I have to remember every cheat I used and go back and remove it after Taris.

The reason I am wanting a mod to do this is because I'm getting tired of Taris. It is the longest (altough it can be compared with Manaan) planet level in the game, but you aren't a jedi, and you don't have many skills, and quite frankly, it's quite boring imo.

Basically, I just need a way to pick up Bastilla and jump to the Dantooine Jedi Enclave so that I don't have to run through Taris to get her. (I haven't tried just warping to Dantooine before I do anything in Taris to see what happens. :p lol that'll be fun to see what happens!)

Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.

However, I was reading in another thread that this would be a quite tough mod to make so if it can't be done, I won't die. I'll just make a save game after Taris and use that everytime I want to start again. :D lol

Well tahnks for the consideration!

Sorry folks, there is just too much work involved to do this...

Taris has far too much going on there game-wise to effectively skip it... far too many possible globals and settings, plus you recruit 6 of your NPC's there, so you will have their settings to worry about as well, plus the items and credits you would get.

If some of you are so bored of Taris, and a Padawan Mod just doesn't cut it for you anymore, then I suggest it is time for you to try a new game, and put KotOR on the back-burner until you can stand Taris again.

well cant you just star on the endar spire as usual but when the escape pod crashes it crashes in dantooine and it just so happens that the ebon hawk is doked there and someone could maybe change the dialogue so that you meet bastila and she says "OMG!!! what are you doing here i thought you were dead, the jedi counsel will want to see you c'mon" or something like that and you recruit npc's allong the way like you meet zalbar and mission on dantooine and t3-m4 in tatooine from the jawas or something like that?

well cant you just star on the endar spire as usual but when the escape pod crashes it crashes in dantooine and it just so happens that the ebon hawk is doked there and someone could maybe change the dialogue so that you meet bastila and she says "OMG!!! what are you doing here i thought you were dead, the jedi counsel will want to see you c'mon" or something like that and you recruit npc's allong the way like you meet zalbar and mission on dantooine and t3-m4 in tatooine from the jawas or something like that?

Not plausibly. That would take months.

_EW_

Quote:

Originally Posted by bacara nate

Not plausibly. That would take months.

_EW_

lol, in a word no! Ender Wiggin was being generous when he said that it would take months, as RH said you recruit too many NPC's there it would be alot more complicated than the skip peragus mod and the fact it hasnt been made yet is a bit of a giveaway that it cant be done... there are a fair few of us who dont like taris.... im not a fan of taris, but meh youve gotta play it to get thru, why dont you guys just go thru giving grey answer/the grey option to everything then save it when u get to dantooine, so you can play on from there and go light or dark?

It would be extremely hard if after the Endar Spire you just go to Dantooine. But if you place a console like on the Skip Peragus mod that chooses what do you want DS points or LS points. Also gives you some items and exp and warps at Davik's Estate in the end it would be possible.

It would be extremely hard if after the Endar Spire you just go to Dantooine. But if you place a console like on the Skip Peragus mod that chooses what do you want DS points or LS points. Also gives you some items and exp and warps at Davik's Estate in the end it would be possible.

Possible, but just barely.

You talk about it as if an experienced modder could do this in a couple of scripts and dialogs.

To accurately represent the player's level at the time of Dantooine would take many calculations. Read RH's post -

...far too many possible globals and settings, plus you recruit 6 of your NPC's there, so you will have their settings to worry about as well, plus the items and credits you would get.

Take his advice, find a new game. This won't happen anytime soon.

_EW_

• 1 month later...

Ok, I get this request.

But I'm at school now, so speed is not very big, although I've made complete LS/DS globals list!!!

Hey guys!

I need DS save just before entering the Ebon Hawk in Davik's estate.

I tried kotor I saves but that is not what I need, I play LS on my own, and I need DS...

Give it please!

And I will be bisy for two days, so I'll probably release it on Wednesday.

School, you know... Sorry.

Archived