Home

Ding!!! Ideas...

kgunzer

XWingAlliance gave us the opportunity to pilot vehicles at craft level.

Empire at War gave us the opportunity to command entire fleets.

Woudn't it be nice to have an engine that integrates both?

Wouldn't it be great also to have the ability to control Capital Ships, Support ships and others? And you can control individual components like engines, shields, laser cannons, missle launchers, etc.

Wouldn't it be revolutionary to have servers hosting platforms that refit, reconstruct and repair damaged vessels or crafts. And at the same time, they can be raided by rebels, pirates or the empire for them to control?

Wouldn't it be cool to have a tactical universal game interface so that players can choose to command fleets, commandeer a ship or pilot a craft... using a laptop for or mobile computers for crafts, desktop for capital or support ships, tower type servers for space stations and platforms...

Blizzard had better not see my post :D

Battlefield plays kind of like that. At the lowest level, it's an FPS. Further up, it's a squad-based game. At the top, it's an RTS game. More or less. Doesn't really work all that well, in my opinion. With the technology and bugets of today, we can make some really expansive, huge experiences. That's cool, but it doesn't always translate into a fun game.

Well there you go.

Look at the cross section of gamers.

Isn't it amazing that all of them becomes cohesive, bound together by a single gaming service, run on multiple gaming platforms enjoyed by the community?

Those who opt for the FPS genre can go for BattleFront II. Space Sim buffs, choose XWing Alliance (less capital ships). And RTS go for Empire at War.

Behold the jenius (spelling... I know :lol: ) of kgunzer!!!

George Lucas calls it STAR WARS!!! and so do I.

One more ding:

How about having enough money to buy/build a city like in SIM City to support economic/political/military operations :D

And if you're really good, buy the entire planet :D

ADD: Imagine a group of gamers bringing their computers on a lan party (desktops as capital ships, laptops as fighter crafts) on a mission to "raid" the imperial ship yard of Kuat to steal Star Destoryer (steal virtually) 2 Victory Class Star Destroyers...

vsd.gifvsd.gif

Space fight :x-wing::x-wing:

and rebels raid the interior of the VSD to commandeer it and hyperspace out of Kuat as quickly as possible with minimal damage to be of any good use. What a party that will be :D

Archived