Home

Just finished KOTOR 2! Possible Spoilers!

urluckyday

Were you satisfied with KOTOR 2?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Were you satisfied with KOTOR 2?

• Yes! Please let there be a KOTOR 3!
    • Yes, but I won't get the third one if it comes out...
    • No, but maybe I'll check out the third one...
    • No, I hated it and I hate the series
    • Haven't played it...

Well, I've done it! 27 hours of my life gone into finishing KOTOR 2. I really enjoyed the experience up until the end. I just didn't think the ending was anything more than underwhelming. I really wanted to get something like what I saw in the first one. I also found there were just weird glitches and moments all throughout the game...maybe it's the different developer. So overall it was pretty good. If you see fit, share your experiences with either KOTOR 1 or 2...

What I'd rate the games

KOTOR 1: 9/10

KOTOR 2: 7/10

Congratulations!

I myself was not satisfied with Kotor II, I dislike several aspects of the story (wounds in the force, the end of the force, leaks in the force, echos of Malachor, Revans lame reason to leave the galaxy, real thrat - true sith, just to name a few)

Apart from the story, while there wasnt anything new in gameplay, the game was great. Dialogues are as good as in Kotor I, most of the Characters too, some great new environments, and great start at Peragus. (many disagree here :))

TSL would've been light years better than the original if they'd just finished making it.

I balance the lame story and ending against improvements in gameplay like the influence system, better force powers, more customizing bits and pieces, and the fact that a corpse or a can says "empty" when you've looted it. I put both games roughly about the same, with KotOR taking a slight lead.

Seriously though, is anyone who hates the series going to post here?

Like I said, the story isn't all that different if you change allignments (small changes), and I do have about 10 other games I need to complete, and I've got Indy Emperor's Tomb coming on the way in a few days or so. While I absolutely loved both of the games, I just don't think that I'd have enough time to play them again. If I did...without a doubt I would though.

I actually agree with vaelastraz, the begining of Kotor 2 was awesome. I mean, you wake up in a mining facility full of dead people. Then the first hour or two of the game is finding your way out and figuring out what happened. I got so obsessed with finding out what was going on that I played through peragus as fast as I could. It was a realy interesting way to begin a game.

I too liked the beggining of Peragus, i can still play through it quite happily, i think the reason people dont like it is you have to wait so long to get your lightsaber, peragus is interesting and i love if you have enuff wisdom you tell hk50 thats killed all the miners, i agree with jabba that its gr8 especially the first time you play thru as you have to figure out what the hell is going on!

i dont mind playing through peragus without a saber but after that it gets annoying! it would be cool if you got it afteryou left peragus.... like bao durr giving you one, or getting it at the TSF of Lt Grenn.

i played TSL before KOTOR and i prefer it, despite the dissapointing last 2 or 3 hours which seem rushed, i think overall the features are better and i liked the story, i was gutted when they explain the whole, wound in the force, but i was like wow! personally i give the game 8.5 outta 10, it would of been 10 out of 10 had lucas not rushed obsidian into releasing it early resulting in all the cut content!

I'd have to agree Mace, I did like those new features. Oh and Force Lightning, yes, I am very much hoping for a KOTOR 3. I have little doubt that another one will be announced soon.

LOL first time I read this, I thought you were refering to "Force Lightning" as being a new power that was added to KOTOR2. I was like, "I thought that one was already in the first... OHHHHHH, oops."

I agree with Pottsie, KOTOR's gameplay was a bit of a drag. People use the combat feats a ton, and to see the same animation over and over again... *sigh*

I was really pleased when TSL introduced several animations for each feat.

*Snip* Removed response to deleted spam post. -RH

I liked TSL much more than KotOR. While KotOR had a good storyline, it felt too linear IMHO. You simply travel to different planets, do a few quests, and get the Star Maps. Every planet felt very forward, and it got repetitive. While Taris, Dantooine, the Leviathan and Rakata Prime compensated for it, most of the planets were too forward for my liking. I'm not saying I dislike KotOR, but I simply find TSL better.

TSL, on the other hand, felt much less linear to me. While the planet-choosing system was the same in KotOR, the planets felt much more diverse and immersive to me. Look at Nar Shadaa - you run around trying to get people's attention, are lured into a trap, get captured, and are then able to draw Zez-Kai-Ell out. In comparison, on Tatooine you make your way to the Sand People's enclave, get a map, and use it to find a Star Map while killing a large animal at almost no risk.

In addition, TSL's atmosphere felt more cinematic. Atton's "I have a bad feeling about this" lines are a good example of it. There was the whole sense of mystery, Kreia's betrayal... and all the new features added to it helped as well.

Archived