Home

WHO'S EXCITED!!!

Daniel333

This thread is here so you can share all of things your excited about the EMPIRE AT WAR:FORCES OF CORRUPTION!!! exspansion pack because l'm excited about the corruption (hey does anyone know what the name is for the corruption faction or is that the name) faction and l'm also excited to have the DEATH STAR 2 on the empire's side. :edeaths::deathii:

Guest DarthMaulUK

The new faction have been dubbed as 'The Underworld' and I am not sure if they actually have a name. When we get back our question from the recent Q&A, hopefully it will give us an insight.

I'm very excited because it will take the game in a direction no Star Wars game has really gone before - especially in an RTS. How the balancing works will be a real challenge to Petroglyph - but hey, these guys just love it!!!

DMUK

I'm excited that Skipray Blastboats are in...One less job for me to do :D

Also Orbital Bombardment looks cool. Again a polished version of what the community has added to an extent.

Overall the expansion adds in loads more coding for us to exploit and make our mods that much better.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Considering the time line of Empire at War, having Luke as a minor hero was a good idea. Now that he has destroyed the Death Star, he can become more powerful than than the Starbucks franchise!

Having Yoda and Luke will now improve the Rebels on the ground and it will be interesting to see how both Vader and the Emperor deal with both new characters

DMUK

Agreed. A cool sounding name is better then "The Underworld". The Underworld refers to so many different things...Oh well...

I'm really looking forward to the management of the Underworld (I'm strangely underwhelmed by their troops). It will be interesting to sneak around leeching ressources and using stealth and subterfuge to subdue worlds.

Our range will be lengthened in terms of scope of units(# of Units) and a different type of gameplay style (Corrupting other planets). This has m excited. Although the Idea of pitting a total battle between Palpatine + Vader vs. Yoda + Luke, would be interesting, this would be a total finally having a 2v2 Jedi vs. Sith battle... This I do not believe has happened in canon lore (I believe).

i cnt wait for the ssd's they will own! an id lyk 2 see how the expansion is balanced so tht the rebels can have some sort of counter or jus some realy kl new things!!....the underworld looks lyk a realyl kl faction an i love the sound of the orbital bombardement!

Well I guess the three main things I'm excited about are: three-way multiplayer campains, the SSD, and the Death Star II.

I wonder how exactly the three way campains will work, like if the imps engage the "Underworld" then would it be auto-resolved or what, because the rebs would just sit there hanging around until it was done if they didn't auto-resolve.

Also if Yoda and Luke are coming along who's going to be the one countering, that strange old hermit, Obi-Wan?

I wonder how exactly the three way campains will work, like if the imps engage the "Underworld" then would it be auto-resolved or what, because the rebs would just sit there hanging around until it was done if they didn't auto-resolve.

An idea i had a while ago is that when the two AI engage, or you engage one of them the game freezes and a countdown appears. The remaining faction will then be able to try to get a fleet to the battle, but they can only move across friendly planets, and can only attack the planet the battles at. If they get their in time, 3 way battle starts.

Well I guess the three main things I'm excited about are: three-way multiplayer campains, the SSD, and the Death Star II.

Also if Yoda and Luke are coming along who's going to be the one countering, that strange old hermit, Obi-Wan?

Obi-Wan is already dead, remember? :D

I just excited, period.

Also, the introduction of the official Executor and Eclipse, despite the likely timeline conflict. I think it's gonna be a great expansion and I can't wait to get my hands on it. Also the bigger space battles and all it just great!! :-)

Archived