Home

Lightsaber configuration

Sadam

OK, so I am currently a DS L20 Jedi Guardian, just got my Prestige class and chose Sith Marauder (this is only my second time through TSL, and the first going DarkSide) :sithk:

I'm dual-wielding Red sabers, one standard, one short in the off-hand.

My main saber has MYNAME crystal, the Qixoni crystal I got from Onderon plus a Superior Deflection Emitter, Synthesised Kunda Lens and something else I can't remember off-hand. Damage is 13-39 plus 2 DarkSide.

The off-hand saber has a configuration that gives +1 Attack, -1 Defense and +8 Blaster Bolt Deflection, plus something that increases Criticals.

I'm not quite sure how the different feats/skills affect the amount of damage I do (my usual tactic is just to mix up a load of Critical/Flurry/Power attacks, and hope it works). Against standard foes, everything is hunky-dory, but against anything large (bosses, big monsters) I don't seem to cut the mustard.

I have a few spare Lightsaber parts (lenses, crystals etc) lying around, but none of them seem to give me any benefits that outweigh what I already have equipped.

Any advice from the more experienced players out there, on how to improve my sabers and how to continue upgrading them ready for the latter stages of the game? I have just killed Zaz-Kai Ell (fairly easily), but Vrook is giving me MAJOR problems, my sabers just don't seem to do anything to him.

DarkSide points for helpful responses! :)

PS be gentle as I only bought the game 4 weeks ago.

Thanks all

Sadam

hmmm, with the lightsaber stuff, you can go t3-m4 and other different charachters to use their attributes to create lightsaber fixtures at a workbench your charachter couldnt make

as for killing vrook, when i went darkside, just throw an adhesive granede at him, then a couple of plasma granedes then another adhesive etc etc.... and eventually you wil kill him (takes a while) just dont let him get close!

Ah, so the actual best way of defeating a Jedi Master is to put away my Sabers and frag him to death!

Just doesn't seem very (anti-)heroic, can't imagine Obi-Wan or Anakin doing that.....

still, they are a tad more powerful than I am!

Cheers for all the responses....

lol, nah its not, and i somewhat suspect if you really try to blow a jedi master up with grenades that they would force push it away!

vrook is the hardest out of the jedi masters to kill, if you have force lightning/storm you could try just hitting him with that (depends on how high your wisdom is, as to how effective it will be)

Well, I'm past Vrook, but now I seem to be at a loss. I have killed Sion, but Kreia just Force Chokes me as soon as I'm in range, which stops me performing any actions and just lets her whittle me down bit by bit with her saber.

Force powers don't seem to do a great deal to her, and nor do 8 Deadly frag mines!

Back to the start I guess.....

Thanks for the advice Jonathan7, unfortunately I'm playing on X-box, so no KSE for me!

I'll try Force Immunity (if I have it, got a feeling I only have Force Barrier).

That's 2 times I have played through the game now (1x Lightside, 1x Darkside), on both I have a save right before Trayus Core but I can't beat her with either character!

I do better with my L/S Guardian than I do with my D/S Marauder......

Darth Traya is very hard to beat, both on the lightside, and the darkside. I beat her by using a shiled that blocks electrical attacks. Then i just duel her until she loses her other hand. Once she starts with the force controlled lightsabers, use a flurry or critical attack. Keep using shields, it's been a while since I passed it, so i don't remeber if you have to attack her unarmed aswell. If so, just do it, it will be easy as now she can't atack you back, once she's down, cutscene, end of game.

I killed Darth Traya on my second try, and my trick was master flurry. I just kept hitting the master flurry button while she tried to use force powers on me, and eventually I noticed that she was losing health faster than i was. So I just kept pressing master flurry, master flurry, master flurry, until she was defeated.

After that I just ran away from the lightsabers until I had one cornered then killed them one at a time.

Oh, and if all else fails, go to the pause menu then go to gameplay and switch it to easy. Thats my secret trick lol.

oh, sadam 1 tip i forgot m8 is if you go to the equipment menu you can use health packs without using up a turn in the combat system, thus restoring your health.. u can do that once every 2 or so combat moves - have you got any life support packs? so if kreia starts force crushing you stop the game and use a life support pack to keep yourself alive while she is force crushing you, and have you gone through your inventory looking for the items that protect you against DS powers? eg there is an armour that protects you against horror and an implant that protects you against horror, plague and choke, try putting them in as well!

hope you beat her dude!

Archived