Home

royal guard armour

bacara nate

Similar, but not identical. Apparently the Royal Guard armor is based off Mandalorian design, which would explain the similarities.

It would make sense considering that the Clone trooper armor was based off of Mandalorian armor. Why wouldn't the Emperor base his Royal Guards armor off the Mandalorians Neo-crusader armor or some other Mandalorian armor.

i did think about the mandelorian armour but it has that strange kink near the neck and the "T" visor sticks out from the original helmet so i was thinkin maybe a re-skin of revans mask and just put some wierd red hood to make it look like a helmet as for the armour i would like it to have a red cloak ( this is for k1)

It would make sense considering that the Clone trooper armor was based off of Mandalorian armor.
Actually, in-universe the Royal Guards armour is decended from the Senate Guard armour, which were around long before the clone troopers were.

Senate_Guards.jpg

wait i had a good idea if you take the armour from the republic ( like trasks armour(red)) and add revans cloack but make that red you would have the armour but you would still need the helmet.

i will try and think what could be used.....

wait for the helmet take revans mask and turn it red then take the mandelorian neo-crusades head and put revans mask(red) onto the mandelorian head.

the thing is you would have to cut off the head from the original armour.

so is my idea good or what?

Please use the "edit this" function to the lower right of your post rather than double-posting ~ ChAiNz.2da

wait i had a good idea if you take the armour from the republic ( like trasks armour(red)) and add revans cloack but make that red you would have the armour but you would still need the helmet.

i will try and think what could be used.....

wait for the helmet take revans mask and turn it red then take the mandelorian neo-crusades head and put revans mask(red) onto the mandelorian head.

the thing is you would have to cut off the head from the original armour.

so is my idea good or what?

Please use the "edit this" function to the lower right of your post rather than double-posting ~ ChAiNz.2da

im not even sure if what your suggesting is possible. there are limmitations to what can be done to mod the kotor series games atm

not that i know much about modding the original, i only mod TSL, though given the similarities i wouldnt of thought they are to different but do you actually know anything about modding or how much work is involved? im not even sure if it is possible to do what you are suggesting about taking revans mask and putting it on a mandalorian head. if the armour is all one suit, the other problem you have is you cant cut and paste it, only if you have 1 suit of armour and 1 helmit could you really do it (those who mod kotor may correct me) but i suspect i am right, but pretty much every mandalorian in the game only wheres suits of armour with the helmit included.

the only way i can see a mod being made of is of doing a reskin of revans armour/robes and getting it to look as close to royal guard armour as you can

Actually, in-universe the Royal Guards armour is decended from the Senate Guard armour, which were around long before the clone troopers were.

I'm not trying to start a fight, but who's to say that Senate Guard armor isn't based on another variant of Mandalorian armor? After all, last time I checked, the only true Canon in Star Wars was the movies. (Hence Lucas's apparent need to stomp on years of backstory and history with a new version of the clone wars.) So anything said at all can only be really considered speculation. And to add to my argument, while Senate Guard's were regular humans, Royal Guards were most likely an elite clone variant, akin to their Commandos.

Now I must end this argument on the only note that matters. :monkey4:

Oh, and as for your question, I'm not sure it could be done, as adding a mask ontop of a head requires that you have the head on, which would mean your head would be the Assault Armor head, not a PC.... Or you could get oldflash to fiddle around with the three files. IF he wanted to he could probably bash something out in a day or so.

Archived