Home

1.06 - What is needed? A community speaks

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

IF there will be a 1.6 patch for Empire at War, what should it include? Some players have voiced their disappointment at 1.5 addressing so little whilst others have welcomed the changes to the game - especially when playing online.

What should be added to 1.6? Do you think that the game still needs improving in certain areas? Or are you more than happy to wait to see the changes the expansion brings in October?

Personally, I've always been happy with the game - apart from the Galactic Conquest. It really needs a random start generator as it's too easy for experienced players to win. No strategy at all, its just a simple task of gathering one big fleet then slapping the Rebels back planet by planet.

I would also like to see dramatic changes to the hyperspace retreat. It would be great to have ships stagger their retreat in battle by actually heading towards their start point and once then reach it, hyper space out - rather than the current 'turn around, sit and wait to be destroyed in under 10 seconds'.

DMUK

boba fett, mel falcon, and the corvettes still have to much health

mines dont have enough health

fighters should take out bombers faster then corvettes do

sync errors in multiplayer

fix for what ever is cousing people not to conect

in multyplayer, the team gets a share of the money from the guy who leaves automatacly

a new easer to understand multiplayer "connecting users" window

IF there will be a 1.6 patch for Empire at War, what should it include? Some players have voiced their disappointment at 1.5 addressing so little whilst others have welcomed the changes to the game - especially when playing online.

I think that they could have put more into it... but anything that improves the game is good...

What should be added to 1.6? Do you think that the game still needs improving in certain areas? Or are you more than happy to wait to see the changes the expansion brings in October?

I am quite happy with the game... i think that they should release more patches if they are needed... otherwise just add everything into FoC (including whatever the latest patch is)...

Personally, I've always been happy with the game - apart from the Galactic Conquest. It really needs a random start generator as it's too easy for experienced players to win. No strategy at all, its just a simple task of gathering one big fleet then slapping the Rebels back planet by planet.

I agree that a random map generator would be good... it would provide more options, i think that there needs to be a lot more GC maps to choose... also... if there were a map generator... it would need to have a range of variables to make them different... no of planets... starting planets... starting units... etc...

I would also like to see dramatic changes to the hyperspace retreat. It would be great to have ships stagger their retreat in battle by actually heading towards their start point and once then reach it, hyper space out - rather than the current 'turn around, sit and wait to be destroyed in under 10 seconds'.

i think that is a good idea... i also think that we should be able to jump out specific ships rather than have to completely lose the battle... this would mean that you could alter your fleet makeup without having to sacrifice ships... a similar thing in ground battles would be good as well... allowing us to take ships back out of the battlefield (obviously only from reinforcement points)...

What they could also fix is this insignificant little UI bug:

When you are in the Skirmish dialog, select a 4-player space map, select 4 players, then select a 2 player space map.

The superfluous 2 player slots are grayed out, but when you hit Start, the game still spawns all 4 players. Meaning you've got 4 players on a 2 player map :)

They should probably check if a slot is grayed out as well, and not just if it's set to "Open" before spawning a player.

Like I said... hardly significant, but it's always slightly bothered me when I found out about it :)

I agree with all of the above, except the thing about Boba's and Falcon's health change.

Also if one person quits in an online skirmish and if there's say like 2 players on that side left, the remaining two players could share the person who quit's population cap and money. that would give the 2v3 team a better chance to win. :)

As with DMUK, I've always been happy with EaW. They aimed for creating a Star Wars experience, and succeeded. There are things I wish for, but they are expansion-type things (like more ships, or mines that just become less productive with damage rather than blow up entirely). In the context of another patch (ie: things that need fixed because they make people not want to play) the only aspect of the game I would spend time and money to fix would be the online interface. They have improved it a little, with the ignore button for example. It would be nice to have a more informative lobby screen and a buddy chat window that doesn't interfere with everything else you're trying to do. For example, the name of the host and the players currently in a game should be displayed in the lobby (not just the host name when you mouse over, which doesn't even always work). Also the list of players in the lobby should include the players in games, but show them as 'in a game', and perhaps even show what game they are in?

Here's an idea: What if ships, when first emerging from hyperspace, have their shields down for the first couple of seconds? It's in keeping with the fluff, and it would also force players to make a choice between putting reinforcements right into the thick of it at a risk of having them damaged quickly, or drop them out a little further back and have them move up to the action.

Here's an idea: What if ships, when first emerging from hyperspace, have their shields down for the first couple of seconds? It's in keeping with the fluff, and it would also force players to make a choice between putting reinforcements right into the thick of it at a risk of having them damaged quickly, or drop them out a little further back and have them move up to the action.

I think it would be cool to have ship's shields down when coming from Hyperspace. It would add realism and a tad bit more strategy to this already good game. :shads3:

that is vert unneeded, the shields are weak when the ships are being hyper spaced in. And dont try to make it more realitic, gameplay>realism

Do whatever it takes to solve the "synchronization error detected" issue in the next patch. It's way too common now. This should be the #1 top priority.

I wouldn't mind seeing the empire's tech 3 ship list altered in skirmish games. The interdictor cruiser is useless in a skirmish game, which means when the empire gets tech 3 the only new useful ship is Vader. You might argue that interdictors are useful when the rebels use a lot of missile ships, but they never do. I don't have a suggestion on how to fix this though. Perhaps give interdictor cruisers a reason to be used in skirmish games besides scrambling missiles.

Why does Home One have a shield generator when regular mon calamaris don't have one? That makes Home One a lot less powerful than it's generic counterpart, and it should be the opposite. Get rid of Home One's shield generator. It has 2 extra ion cannons (not a useful upgrade) at the expense of adding a shield generator. That's a really bad tradeoff. If it were 6 lasers and 2 cannons instead of 4 lasers and 4 cannons vs a normal mon cal's 4 and 2 then it would be different (hint hint!)

Give ISDs the "power to weapons" ability. Tractor beams are barely useful. Never once have I thought "man, if only I had a tractor beam..." or been thankful that I did have one. It's fun to use vs the millenium falcon but that's it. Can ships have more than two abilities? Don't get rid of the tractor beam, just add the "power to weapons" ability if possible.

The rebel's assault frigate is not worth it's cost compared to the nebulon B. It needs better and/or more weapons, or a reduced cost.

Vetts sheilds are too strong, they can destroy all your bombers well before they are within reach of the station giving the empire a huge advantage, both in the fact they get fighters free and they don't need to waist pop cap for fighters.

Lower them and the hull streangth or increase massivly the accuracy of everything vs. vetts

Vetts sheilds are too strong, they can destroy all your bombers well before they are within reach of the station giving the empire a huge advantage, both in the fact they get fighters free and they don't need to waist pop cap for fighters.

Lower them and the hull streangth or increase massivly the accuracy of everything vs. vetts

Tartans/Vettes are anti-fighter vehilces of course they can destroy ur bombers quickly. If u cant kill a simple vette/tart then find anothe game, im trying to insult u but c'mon who would send bombers when theres vettes/tartans out there. Do vettes/tarts Vs vettes/tarts, or use nebs/acc to kill them fast.

If u didnt know they alrdy lowered their accuracy and strength in the 4th patch.And it doesnt need to be lowered again.

I am talking about when one hyperspaces in. Can't destroy those before they get your bombers, and Vetts also make it through a small fleet and get your bombers anyway. Tartans still laugh off the combined firepower of 2 nebs and 3 corvetts.

And I do kill them they just take half of my bombers with them.

I think that it would be great if we could retreat only certain units away. But then there would have to be persistant damage, because then you could have your weaker units retreat, and then the next battle they're in, they will be as good as new.

I think that it would be great if we could retreat only certain units away. But then there would have to be persistant damage, because then you could have your weaker units retreat, and then the next battle they're in, they will be as good as new.

not quite sure about that..... I imagine it would be pretty annoying for the enemy if you retreat, say, Home One is extremely damaged but not it's engines so it can still hyperspace away, and it comes back next battle good as new. You know?

not quite sure about that..... I imagine it would be pretty annoying for the enemy if you retreat, say, Home One is extremely damaged but not it's engines so it can still hyperspace away, and it comes back next battle good as new. You know?

Yes, and that is precisely why the game would have to include persistent damage. But as long as it doesn't, it would be extremely unfair to allow individual ships to withdraw.

For GC, there have to be several planets you can start on, but not all of them should be given to you straight away, so you never know ehere you'll end up. The planets you can start on must off crouse all be equal. It would be unfair if you start on a small planet and your opponent starts on a big planet, wouldn't it?

Also for GC, the battlemaps also need to be generated, it's not fun to fight on Tatooine everytime there's a battle going on there, and it's always the bloody same map.

Though thik that these first 2 fixes are more something to be included with FOC.

Apart from that, the biggest issue is that with the X-Wings on tech 1 in skirmish. They simply get to the mines too fast. Either repacing them with the Z-95 or removing their special ability would solve the problem in one easy fix. And I must say that I would prefer the first option.

For GC, there have to be several planets you can start on, but not all of them should be given to you straight away, so you never know ehere you'll end up. The planets you can start on must off crouse all be equal. It would be unfair if you start on a small planet and your opponent starts on a big planet, wouldn't it?

Also for GC, the battlemaps also need to be generated, it's not fun to fight on Tatooine everytime there's a battle going on there, and it's always the bloody same map.

Though thik that these first 2 fixes are more something to be included with FOC.

Apart from that, the biggest issue is that with the X-Wings on tech 1 in skirmish. They simply get to the mines too fast. Either repacing them with the Z-95 or removing their special ability would solve the problem in one easy fix. And I must say that I would prefer the first option.

Yes THAT would be nice indeed! I wish they did that in patch 1.5 though.

(Yay my fiftieth post!)

Archived