Home

1.06 - What is needed? A community speaks

Guest DarthMaulUK

If rebels couldn't build X-wings tech 1 they would get killed because tie fighters fry Z-95s in a few seconds so you would get the exact opposite happening, the rebels couldn't contest anything. Maybe if they start with Z-95s and have to build X-wings but thats the only fair way you can swap out X-wings.

If rebels couldn't build X-wings tech 1 they would get killed because tie fighters fry Z-95s in a few seconds so you would get the exact opposite happening, the rebels couldn't contest anything. Maybe if they start with Z-95s and have to build X-wings but thats the only fair way you can swap out X-wings.

then they should just have X-wings for starter units and take away their lock S-foil ability.

The downside of removing the X-Wing special ability is that it also has effect later on (not sure if that would actually matter for anybody), Z-95's as starting units and still being able to build X-Wings doesn't work properly either, since you can disable the free starting units. Indeed the Z-95 loses to fast to the TIE, but at least both parties arrive at the mine at the same time, or actually the turret near the mine. X-Wings with special ability are too fast when racing to the mines. If the rebels have to get a tech first and then they can build X-Wings that would be better. This way they have to build a few Z-95s, just to get to the mines, or face the possibility that the Empire already has them, well defended with a turret.

What would be nice to see:

1. The ability to build your turrents and buildings anywhere on your side of the map. Instead of preset locations, I think it would be nice to have the player do this thinking. Strategy comes from placing your buildings, sheilds, and turrents, and it would improve both space and land battles.

2. The ability to zoom in on a planet that is not beeing attacked, so you can setup your bases to a personal specification.

3. The ability to zoom in on a sector that is not being attacked, so you can build your space stations, turrents, and minning facilities.

I think these will make the player feel more in control. This will bring a more stretegy aspect to EAW. Instead of having presets for everything, I think this game should shake it loose. There is so much potential in EAW. All they have to do is tap into the possibilities.

What would be nice to see:

1. The ability to build your turrents and buildings anywhere on your side of the map. Instead of preset locations, I think it would be nice to have the player do this thinking. Strategy comes from placing your buildings, sheilds, and turrents, and it would improve both space and land battles.

I don't think that would work so well. I can just picture people building 50 turrets immediately inside their base shield and then turtling there forever. Or surround their space station with 20 laser cannons and 20 missile turrets. I'm happy to let the game decide where the "tactically important" locations in a map is and put a build pad there to indicate it.

2. The ability to zoom in on a planet that is not beeing attacked, so you can setup your bases to a personal specification.

This feature will be in the expansion.

^^^

Who said there wouldn't be a limitation of how many turrents, buildings, etc...

What they would have to do:

1. Create a limitation as to how many turrents you are allowed.

2. Create a limitation as to how many buildings are allowed.

However:

1. You get to choose where these items are placed on the map.

With the respect of the limitation given to each map, I rather have control over where I want to place my buildings, turrents, and sheild generators. I found that the preset locations are too distant to keep control over everything at once.

They could scatter miscelanious bonus stuff through out the map, so you can gain a foothold futher away from main base. However, you will still have a limited number of buildings, turrents, and anything else to place. The player will have to think of a conservative way to balance resources and technologies.

I'd like to have the Custom GC mode enabled along with a GC editor. It's gets tiresome playing the same GC maps again and again.

A chat filter for the lobby becasue I hate the people that cuss just for the sake of it.

In skrmish modes, make the units appear from the building they were built at. Example. When I build a squad of stormtroopers at a base, for some mystreious reason, they have to be brought in from space. Make it like Galactic Battlegrounds where they come from the base you build them at.

I am talking about when one hyperspaces in. Can't destroy those before they get your bombers, and Vetts also make it through a small fleet and get your bombers anyway. Tartans still laugh off the combined firepower of 2 nebs and 3 corvetts.

And I do kill them they just take half of my bombers with them.

ffs you carnt play when they space in there incredibly weak 1 cov can take down half the sheild so 2 nebs and 3 covs = a big bang

Archived