Home

I Got the Job!

razorace

Remember that gaming job that I applied to last month? I got contacted by the guy and he offered me an internship instead of the job (since I still have a semester of school left). Awesome!

The bad news is that my time is going to evaporate and I suspect that I'm going to too tired of programming to be able to work on OJP. As such, I think it might be time to "hire on" some people to take over the day-to-day operations of OJP.

I think we can do this, I've seen that the OJP community is capable of operating without my help. I think we just need to organize ourselves a bit more so that my role isn't as critical to OJP's operation.

Thats great Razor! I was hoping you'd get that. You shall take the gaming world by storm!!!!

Although it will be kind of sad to not have you around as much. No body I've seen knows this code like you do, and it will be harder to create new features because of that, unless we really find a good programmer with a lot of time on his hands. I suppose some of the coders on this forum could do some new stuff, but not all of them like Enhanced enough or have that kind of time. Oh well, we'll manage. I just hope you'll be willing to code some new features from time to time.

Any Volunteers for an Enhanced Coding positon?! LOL. Whatever happens, we'll probably have to hold alot more votes or make alot more dll patches for people to try out and vote on or something.

This is awesome, if you ever get around to starting your own company, I really hope to see a swordplay game that's similar to OJP

But it's tough without you around. After all, it's your project. That said, I'll see if I can help out in any way after my exams

Whatever happens, we'll probably have to hold alot more votes or make alot more dll patches for people to try out and vote on or something.

An interesting idea. I'm not sure how much this would help thou. My experience has been that many people are willing to talk, but few have the actual experience/skill to be able to make truely constructive comments.

Ideally, I'd like to have someone who could just handling the build packaging. That way, the other, more hardcore coders could focus on actual coding. :)

Update: I've decided to decline the offer. It turns out the pay would barely cover the transportation costs and my class schedule wouldn't allow me to be able to work during the expected business hours.

Anyway, I'd still like to get more people on board since the project is very razor-centric at the moment.

Update: I've decided to decline the offer. It turns out the pay would barely cover the transportation costs and my class schedule wouldn't allow me to be able to work during the expected business hours.

Anyway, I'd still like to get more people on board since the project is very razor-centric at the moment.

Aww, major bummer man. Its too bad because that would have been a great thing to have on a resume. Oh well, I'm sure there will be other opportunities. Does raven ever do any internships? Of course you would have to move to where ever they are located and it would have to be after you graduate, but at least they kind of know you! :D

That's too bad razor, it must have been hard for you to turn down.

I might be able to help someday in the non-saber system areas of OJP, once I get more understanding of the code. I'm making progress little-by-little.

I've also decided taking up coding lessons in my upcoming ICT/IT education, though I've heard they might not be taught untill next year.

I'm sorry to hear you lost the job razor, but *evil laugh* at least you'll be back to spend more time with the mod :D

I can't code for nuts anyway. I only got as far as learning how to float characters before I gave up lol

I think technology-wise, I'm more of a graphics person. I prefer to work with stuff like models

As you know, OJP doesn't have much need for modelers. But I think your trailers and menu editing will help out good. I think the trailers have been a good success.

I might be able to help someday in the non-saber system areas of OJP, once I get more understanding of the code. I'm making progress little-by-little.

That would rock. The best way you could help would be to contact me on IM and we can discuss what you could help with. There's a very BIG to-do list. :)

Heh, maybe I could help you a bit (maybe some port of MB code?) if I find some free time from coding for MB and for TNE... PM me if you got any ideas :)

Yeah we could use all the help we can get and any help you could give us would be greatly appreciated. If we were to port any MB2 code we'd have to be very particular about what we port as to not make it too much like it. As you've probably heard, we are a little more Jedi oriented than gunner oriented, but we are working toward ideas on balancing everything out in a movie realistic fashion. heck, even having a MB2 with OJP features would be a fun and interesting project.

One thing from MB2 that I would like to see ported at some point is the jedi malee or slap. It would add variety in the saber combat and could be used in a similar fashion from how we use kick. We talked a little about how that would happen. One of the ways was to make it used on people in slowbounces who are trying to block a kick by pressing crouch and it would knock those people down unless they let go of the crouch button. If they arent pressing crouch when they got hit with the slap, they would just get knocked back a little with no damage. Anyways, this was just an idea and I cant remember how the discussion of it ended up.

Anyways, thanks for offering.

Archived