Home

Is religion evil?

Dagobahn Eagle

How much do you agree to the following: "Religion does more harm than good"?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you agree to the following: "Religion does more harm than good"?

• +4 (I'm SkinWalker:p)
    • +3
    • +2
    • +1
    • 00 (I don't know, or I don't care. Or both)
    • -4 (I disagree strongly)

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can tell you right now what a large problem is for all religion, atheism as well. People who think they have the right to force their beliefs onto others. Nothing can be surer, these are the type of people who bring down their beliefs. I would vote for Bush running again, and winning, before letting go of that one simple fact.

Despite the fact that theistically irrational people are in a minority in my country, they still manage to cause some problems, and they're making a real effort to expand.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4398345.stm

http://education.guardian.co.uk/schools/story/0,,1957858,00.html

- insidious blaggards...

On the bright side though, it's wonderful to be able to wander around proclaiming oneself an atheist without worrying about being discriminated against by foolish fundies.

On the bright side though, it's wonderful to be able to wander around proclaiming oneself an atheist without worrying about being discriminated against by foolish fundies.
Well, atheists are supposedly the least trusted minority group in the States.

Keep religion in schools confined to theology or social studies classes.

Oh, and yes, once again, "Scientific Theory" does not mean "Unproven Assertion".

The larger the poll, the more accurately the result will reflect the view of the whole populace. So a larger sample is always desirable, but the method is sound nonetheless.

As for "guiding" the views of those polled... that depends on how reputable the polling organisation involved is. ICM is quite reputable, and the Guardian newspaper is likewise fairly accurate in its reporting for a mainstream media outlet.

And judging by the questions mentioned in the above report, it would seem that the poll was relatively dry and unbiased in nature.

Add to this the fact that I'm English, and the results match my own experiences of this land and its people... and I have no difficulty accepting the results as a fair reflection of the actuality. When ICM publishes its polling report for this study on its website, we'll be able to analyse the variables in even more detail.

Archived